• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Miner
    • Apr 2019
    • Abu Dhabi

AC Failure & Fan Unit Orange Light Under Glovebox

Anyone know what the orange tell tale light is for on the underside of the fan unit underneath the glove box?

Never noticed it before but it seems to tie in with my AC temporarily packing up whist driving home from off-roading. Felt like it was trying to blow but not blowing. Changing the cabin filter this week. There was water dripping from the pipe that runs from the compressor to the passenger side bulkhead penetration too, wasn’t sure it was a leak or condensation, pipe wasn’t cold![emoji3062]

Let the car sit for 20mins and it seemed fine... condenser drain was gushing afterwards, wasn’t sure if I’d maybe sucked sand into the pipe, stopped on a slight banking to let another car clear the dune and got stuck not long before we aired up.

It’s come back now, not 100% but was never great during summer in the sandbox either. Anyone else had this happen? Fan intake full of sand? Auxiliary fan is ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Keithyv
    Valued Member
    • May 2018
    • Perth

The light is just that - a light.
    It comes on to light up the footwell...
    2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
    MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors and rear cargo area. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear (2nd row) USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights. Rear cargo area twin Andersons and Merit socket. Anderson plug in rear bumper. 6 channel TPMS.

Comment

• Miner
      • Apr 2019
      • Abu Dhabi

The small orange LED which is mounted on and fed from the fan unit?

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2013
        • Sydney

Nothing to do with the air con. It’s the footwell light.
        NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• Miner
          • Apr 2019
          • Abu Dhabi

There you go... learn something new every day! Never seen it before, assumed it was a high delta P for the fan to warn the filter was blocked.

Still doesn’t fix the AC issue though....[emoji85]

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2013
            • Sydney

Keep in mind that Mits fails to include inllumination of the mirror or window controls so a delta p light would truly be surprising

Don’t know what is happening with your ac though. Like you’ve said maybe a temporary blockage with sand. I vaguely recall a thread about leaves blocking the ac drain and how to clean. Not that you’ve got a problem with leaves in your part of the world but a blockage may be on the cards none the less so maybe try to hunt down that thread.
            NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• Miner
              • Apr 2019
              • Abu Dhabi

Ha! Aye, suppose that is a good point.... you would only need a pressure switch... but if they can’t even light the others...[emoji2957][emoji1]

Think it may have got blocked and then unblocked... AC never great here in the summer (mrs Ford Edge has a Max AC button, it’s like 3,2,1... frostbite [emoji3063][emoji1]) but its functioning.

Will post pics of what I find... had the issues with leaves back home on other cars, come home to find them damp after a month idle as the vents behind the scuttle panel are blocked with damp foliage. More likely clumped sand here. [emoji1]

Comment

• Miner
                • Apr 2019
                • Abu Dhabi

Update... it’s deffo a light... there’s one in drivers side too... 5yrs, never really noticed it... [emoji2957][emoji1]

Got the filter... looked in the glovebox and it looks blank... found the posts/vids about how to “retrofit” so ok with that... where does it suck air from? Behind the front scuttle panel?

Looks like a wipers off job to check, most other motors there’s a section behind the cabin and engine bay bulkheads with the filter access there... assume it just draws clean air from inside that cavity. Any mesh on the outside of the vent?

Anywhere else worth cleaning whilst we are at it?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X