• Show
Clear All
  • Pajshomoneroguntero
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2013
    • Sydney

Well done, again

Looking forward to the vid.
    NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• old Jack
      Regular
      • Jun 2011
      • Adelaide, South Australia.

Great to hear you are back safely with mission accomplished.
      The photo of your feet is the cleanest you have every posted, almost didn't recognise them!

OJ.
      2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
      MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• sharkcaver
        "2000"+ Valued Contributor
        • May 2009
        • Perth

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
        Great to hear you are back safely with mission accomplished.
        The photo of your feet is the cleanest you have every posted, almost didn't recognise them!

OJ.

PMSL......
        (and I cut my nail's too )

A long vid of the foot trek should be up tomorrow. You'll need to grab a coffee or a beer (depending on what time you watch it), 36 Mins in duration, but pretty well explains the journey. It still doesn't do justice to the task though. Only being there in the flesh can do that.
        MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• sharkcaver
          • May 2009
          • Perth

So you want to know what's involved in getting to this cache?

This may turn you off somewhat.

grab a yourself coffee, it's a long one.

MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Pwoffey
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2013
            • Adelaide

Great stuff, well done Shane .
            BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni Raid 90 front and 88 rear shocks with KIngs 34-HD springs front, 35-EHD rear, Brown Davis i/c, sump and transmission bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager pre-filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD catch can, LockUp Mate, Kaon cargo barrier, Harrop front e-locker, DBA T3 rotors and Xtreme pads, Mark's 4WD reduction gears

Comment

• outbackogre
              Valued Member
              • Jul 2010
              • Melbourne

Thanks Shane. Too early for a beer, so I watched it with a coffee.
              My friends call me Rob; you can call me .... Rob.
              -------------------------------------------------------------
              MY12 NW GL DiD auto. 2" MD Lovells/Bilstein lift. Bushskinz underbody protection. Home made rear platform with sliding boxes above and lots of space underneath.

Comment

• Aspey
                • Dec 2015
                • Great Southern Land

Well done Shane, it didn't seem that crazy, looks like the weather was cooler this time and you had enough water.
                NP VRX DID

Comment

• sharkcaver
                  • May 2009
                  • Perth

Originally posted by Aspey View Post
                  Well done Shane, it didn't seem that crazy, looks like the weather was cooler this time and you had enough water.
                  Thanks. The weather was cooler early in the day, but the cloud burnt off about midday both days, so I dont think there was a big difference for 1/2 the day anyway. The nights were far warmer than last year though, which was nice too - T'was bloody cold overnight last year (with no bedding, sleeping rough in the open). Carrying a spare water supply and dropping it worked wonders.

That said, the flies were terrible, there was none last year:
                  Attached Files

My Journeys

Comment

• sharkcaver
                    • May 2009
                    • Perth

The road trip to the Knob and return is a story in itself.

My Journeys

Comment

• Onslow
                      Valued Member
                      • Aug 2007
                      • Perth, Western Australia

Great post Shane, what a fantastic experience! Except for the flies I guess
                      NOW SOLD: NW MY2014 VRX 3.2 Diesel Auto, Rhino Rack Roof Rack, Sandgrabber Floor Mats, Safari Snorkel, Warn XP9.5S Winch, ARB Bull Bar, Bushskinz Underbody Protection, Lovells HD Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Firestone Airbags, Off Road Systems Rear Shelf, Boab 40Lt Water Tank, Cooper LT265/65x17 ST-Maxx Tyres, Uniden 7760 UHF Radio, LRA 58LT Long Range Tank, ARB Intensity Spotlights, Redarc BCDC Dual Battery System, Taipan XP 3in Exhaust System, Recaro Seats.

Comment

• sharkcaver
                        • May 2009
                        • Perth

Originally posted by Onslow View Post
                        Great post Shane, what a fantastic experience! Except for the flies I guess
                        Thanks Onslow. I still have to come home:

Returning from the Knob via the De La Poer range

My Journeys

Comment

• Garc
                          • May 2015
                          • Perth

Great series Sharkie. No punctures this time?
                          Gary

2008 NS DiD Exceed. MM factory alloy full bar, Autosafe cargo barrier, Roley's rear bash plate, Uniden 8080 UHF, Kings 120A lithium battery in rear cargo area, Renogy DCDC charger, fire ext mounted in place of rear door handle, Redarc EBC, BushSkinz IC & sump. ARB Frontier replacement fuel tank, Pedders track rider suspension. Lockup Mate.

Comment

• sharkcaver
                            • May 2009
                            • Perth

Originally posted by Garc View Post
                            Great series Sharkie. No punctures this time?
                            No, no punctures . I was home for 4 days then shot out again to another place in the GVD (my fuel bill will be staggering). Lots and lots of burnt mulga there and I'm surprised we did no tyres on that too. But boy, I reckon I got some decent pin stripes on that one. Haven't had time to look at it yet due to an unforeseen urgent maintenance issue at home.

My Journeys

Comment

• GHendo
                              Valued Member
                              • Mar 2012
                              • Northern NSW

I enjoyed watching that Shane. If I was half a century younger I wouldn’t mind giving that a crack.

Cheers

Geoff
                              03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• El_Freddo
                                Valued Member
                                • Nov 2018
                                • Bridgewater, Vic

Hey Shane, I’ve only watched the first video of the series so far (between work priorities!). I love the time lapse parts of the video

Keep the vids coming and the good times rolling!

Cheers

Bennie
                                2005 NP DiD auto. The family bus. Dual batteries, snorkel, one side step, King Springs lift, Koni shocks, rear airman airbags, Provent catch can, 81L LRA tank (awesome!). Other rides: "Ruby Scoo" my lifted L series Subaru and my "Redback" Targa top Brumby - only mods are 5 poster bullbar and nicer dashboard from a coupe

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X