• Sydney

Which new starter battery NW Pajero

Hello,

Time to get a new starter battery.

Supercheap has 25% off so Century N70ZZX MF is $200

Auto one has 20% off Supercharge so MF95D31RW is $178

No discount but Supercharge MRV70 or MRV70L is about $260

Not sure what to get.

I like N70ZZLXHD due to the semi cycling ability buy don't want a non maintenance free battery.

I would like your opinion please
    2019 Pajero Sport GLS | Factory Alloy Bullbar | BFGoodrich T/A KO2 265/60/18 Tyres | Hayman Reese Towbar | Rhino Roof Racks | Uniden 8060S and AT970BK Twin Aerial | Safari Snorkel
  • BBP
    • Oct 2007
    • Canberra

Get the century. I have had nothing but trouble with the Supercharge ones I have tried.
    Not worth the money IMHO.

Comment

• spot01
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2011
      • Adelaide

X2 for the Century - my Supercharge Gold Plus is starting to struggle at almost 3 years - I'm expecting it to fail this winter just out of warranty!

PS - Century is the only Australian Made battery now.
      Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• jared01
        • Dec 2016
        • Sydney

Are you guys referring to this ( N70ZZLXHD) century battery?

Although I don't want a maintenance battery it looks the goods and is semi cycling too.

Reason for not wanting a other maintenance battery is my current one I topped up fluids to bottom of caps and some acid overflowed at one point or another. That is what's I was adied to do but it must have been too much.

I was recommended another brand (amaron) but may just pickup the century
        2019 Pajero Sport GLS | Factory Alloy Bullbar | BFGoodrich T/A KO2 265/60/18 Tyres | Hayman Reese Towbar | Rhino Roof Racks | Uniden 8060S and AT970BK Twin Aerial | Safari Snorkel

Comment

• spot01
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2011
          • Adelaide

Unsure about the different Century model codes & features, but I wouldn't buy another Supercharge.
          Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• 1533rl
            • Jun 2007
            • armadale wa

New starter battery

Jared, I'm on my second amaron battery in the NP, ( pro 125D31L) and can advise it is a reliable make. Think they are an Indian company - and they would sell an awful lot of batteries in India. Although it is not entirely maint free I have only had to top up H2O once in 3 years for the current one.
            Cheers
            Peter.

Comment

• jared01
              • Dec 2016
              • Sydney

Thanks for all the feedback.

I think I will go with the Century overlander 4x4 (N70ZZLXHD)

It is a starter and semi cycling battery, vibration resistant and built for Australian conditions.

On sale from Supercheap for $230 so hopefully can't go wrong.

Comment

• Pajaru
                Valued Member
                • Dec 2013
                • Perth

One thing to consider with Battery choice is where you go with your truck. My unfortunate experience was to make the wrong choice in battery.

I brought a Century battery on special from Supercheap which sounded good and the shop assistant recommended. Save a few bucks from full price. Was very happy, until.

Travelling on the Munja Track with some steep hills and entry/exits from creeks the battery acid flowed every where. So getting back home and spending several day disassembling / neutralising acid and repainting, I learnt my lesson.

I now run a fully sealed exide battery.
                Building Now: MY20 GLX Pajero.

Retired: MY14 GLX-R Pajero
                To go where very few have gone before https://www.pajeroforum.com.au/core/...ilies/wink.png

Our Travels & Our YouTube Channel

Comment

• Hatto
                  Valued Member
                  • Nov 2013
                  • Mandurah WA

I thoughtvbattery fluid had to be topped up to just cover the plates inside.
                  Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
                  ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• Ian H
                    Valued Member
                    • May 2015
                    • Melbourne

Exide for me with Aus wide warranty.
                    2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• BBP
                      • Oct 2007
                      • Canberra

Yeah, exide are good too. Had one for 5 years in the NL.
                      Currently have a Calcium in the NP may try a odyssey yellow top next time
                      Never had a battery spill acid yet. Probably haven't been on the right roads.

Comment

• Jazzi
                        • Jul 2014
                        • Roxburgh park

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
                        Exide for me with Aus wide warranty.
                        Hay Mate,
                        what Exide battery you got. EXIDE Extreme XN70ZZMF is the one im looking and terminals are other way around.

Comment

• Ian H
                          Valued Member
                          • May 2015
                          • Melbourne

Well, as it turns out, that Exide of mine turned up it's toes 2 days before I was due to go on a 5 week trip and no amount of charging could get it back to life. I don't know what killed it and it certainly wasn't because I let it go flat. It just didn't have enough energy to start one morning. It was less than 2 years old.

I ditched it and went for one my local Auto electrician had with slightly more CCA.

I called Exide here in Melbourne about the one I had which should have been showing on their online system, which is what they told me in Mt Isa where I bought it. But they weren't very interested and insisted on the receipt and me taking it in for testing, which would have taken 24 hours. I didn't have time for that because of the trip so i just got the new one and left the Exide at the Auto Elecs.
                          Last edited by Ian H; 08-05-19, 06:26 PM.
                          2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• sharkcaver
                            "2000"+ Valued Contributor
                            • May 2009
                            • Perth

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
                            Well, as it turns out, that Exide of mine turned up it's toes 2 days before I was due to go on a 5 week trip and no amount of charging could get it back to life.
                            A blessing in disguise really. When one lets go on your trip in the middle of some tin pot town, then you are open to being extorted.
                            MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• signo1985
                              • Sep 2017
                              • Perth

I ended up buying a supercharge gold 720cca last month as i have been having an awesome experience with a silver model.
                              I have it on a different car yes (small kia cerato hatch), but the silver has now got either 5 or 7 years (the car was 2yo when i bought it and dont know whether it came with it) and still going strong.
                              Last year went to EU for 5 weeks and once back it still cranked beautifully.
                              so fingers crossed with this gold

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X