• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Uncle Fester
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2007
    • Boambee East NSW

All good Husky I'm in the process of getting that one off the other forum member. Cheers.
    NT 2010 GLX Police Pack, Auto 3.2 Diesel, Smartbar, Warn XD9000 Winch and Rear Diff Lock. Cooper AT3s on Factoty Alloys, 45mm lift TJM XGS GOLD front & rear, S/D with Poly air bags Rear and HD Front , Bushskinz I/C guard, TJM T/F Case And G/Box guards, Duel Battery setup with Redarc Isolator and Redarc electric brake controller.

Comment

• ajclem
      • Feb 2017
      • Sunderland

YELLOW flashing then Gear stick stiffened on my AUTO 3.2 Pajero/Shogun.

HI there,

First , i just joined in this club. I really really heavenly appreciate all your wisdoms.

Here it goes. I have a 2003 UK SHOGUN 4x4 3.2 Did

The Yellow super select at dash lights up after 20 ins doing motorway. ALL THE TIME. I ignored it for it could go away one day.

THEN, af her awhile I experienced whilst changing the AUTOMATIC GEAR LEVER(stick) from PARK to Gear , sometimes it takes awhile for the LEVER to communicate with the gearbox.

Then the ultimate HAPPENED, one morning the GEAR Shifter(lever or stick) became SOOOO STIFF. I can NO LONGER put it flawlessly on any gear, had difficulty in starting it. because it does not give me the click to GEAR CHANGE.

Towed in the garage, but MECHANIC needs WISDOM. This is where ALL YOUR HELP will be GRATEfully appreciated.

ANY thoughts?. I ordered a new Vacuum actuator solenoid, it will be delivered bu tomorrow. BUT any thoughts on this things.

Thanks

Comment

• Nab
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2012
        • Perth

Someone had this issue recently, from memory the linkage was either corroded or stuck together or something. Maybe this will trigger someone's memory?
        SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
        NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• lslackware
          • Feb 2017
          • Latvia

Guys for 3rd gen pajero vacuum solenoids can be easily replaced with the same part from Hyundai.
          More info in my blog - Pajero3.info
          Really hope it will be useful as new part for pajero cost around 150+ euro. But hyundai part cost for me around 20 Eur
          I am already drive with this around a year and everything works fine. Maybe it is a bit longer time when switching on / off front wheels, but, probably it is just from my point of view

Comment

• bigmadjules
            • Sep 2014
            • Tasmania

Originally posted by ajclem View Post
            HI there,

First , i just joined in this club. I really really heavenly appreciate all your wisdoms.

Here it goes. I have a 2003 UK SHOGUN 4x4 3.2 Did

The Yellow super select at dash lights up after 20 ins doing motorway. ALL THE TIME. I ignored it for it could go away one day.

THEN, af her awhile I experienced whilst changing the AUTOMATIC GEAR LEVER(stick) from PARK to Gear , sometimes it takes awhile for the LEVER to communicate with the gearbox.

Then the ultimate HAPPENED, one morning the GEAR Shifter(lever or stick) became SOOOO STIFF. I can NO LONGER put it flawlessly on any gear, had difficulty in starting it. because it does not give me the click to GEAR CHANGE.

Towed in the garage, but MECHANIC needs WISDOM. This is where ALL YOUR HELP will be GRATEfully appreciated.

ANY thoughts?. I ordered a new Vacuum actuator solenoid, it will be delivered bu tomorrow. BUT any thoughts on this things.

Thanks
            If it's an Auto gearbox and isn't selecting a gear and the lever is jammed, I'd start with the simple things. Linkages for example. The transfer case would be the last thing to be an issue from what you're describing above.
            05/00 NM Forester Green GLX 5spd 4M40T. Alloy Bar; Bushskinz; 2" lift; X-Rays; TJM Airtec; Oricom; Bridgestone M/T 764; Hybrid TF035/TD04 (4M41 turbine wheel/WRX 15G compressor wheel). Coming Soon: diff breathers; winch

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X