• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chrismanser
    • Jun 2015
    • Pakenham

NM Pajero

Hi I am trying to lift the front of my NM, I have 2" King springs but still after more lift as i have 33" Tyers but can't get full lock as they rub, I was thinking of strut spacers or coil spacers but not sure what way to go.

Thanks Chris
  • mrbitchi
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007
    • Brisbane

Originally posted by Chrismanser View Post
    Hi I am trying to lift the front of my NM, I have 2" King springs but still after more lift as i have 33" Tyers but can't get full lock as they rub, I was thinking of strut spacers or coil spacers but not sure what way to go.

Thanks Chris
    Yes you can get strut spacers, BUT... (There's always a but)
    You'll end up running out of suspension drop and you'll never get it to align properly..
    Cheers, John.
    LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
    Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

• Hungie
      • Jan 2015
      • NSW Central Coast

Best way is to just trim the plastic parts the tyre is rubbing on. No point straining the CV's any further and losing droop by adding more lift. I've trimmed mine and it doesn't rub at all now.
      03 NP Exceed 3.5 V6 petrol auto, 2 inch Lovells / Bilstein lift, 15mm poly spacer in rear, 8mm alloy strut spacer in front (total 3" lift) 16x8 Ballistic Jester alloys 0 offset, 33" (285/75/16) Atturo Trail Blade M/T's, 2.5 exhaust with Advance extractors into high flow steel CAT and tri-flow muffler & resonator

Comment

• GOSSAMER
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2008
        • doncaster east vic

Coil spacers will just extend the shock too far from its comfort zone so strut spacers probably are the go. but have a read through this.
        Back from the Dark side
        NT VRX, Ironbark, Dobinson suspension, Kanati muddies 275 65 18, Boo's bash plates (now with dents )

Comment

• Chrismanser
          • Jun 2015
          • Pakenham

Thanks for the help, I think I will give trimming up the plastic parts first and see how that goes.

Thanks again
          Chris

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X