• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phree_ed
    • Apr 2016
    • Moreton Bay area

Originally posted by erad View Post

Phree_ed: They do unscrew. See paragraph 3 of my post of 4 weeks ago in General info regarding Jacking Gen 4.
    "
    Yours are Tyredog brand?

Also I would have thought that if they unscrewed and started letting the tyre down then they should still sense the loss of pressure and you should get a warning.

Comment

• erad
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2015
      • Cooma NSW

Originally posted by Phree_ed View Post
      Yours are Tyredog brand?

Also I would have thought that if they unscrewed and started letting the tyre down then they should still sense the loss of pressure and you should get a warning.

From memory, yes they are tyredog. The reason my tyre went flat was that the unit was throwing a hissy fit because it could not find the caravan, which was 100 km away at the time, so I turned it off. WRONG! Yes - the TPM should have screamed at me, but I didn't have it working. DOH!

Comment

• GHendo
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2012
        • Northern NSW

Well, my SensaTyre ones give very good reading on both pressure and temperature. I don’t know if you can even change the batteries in the sensors but if you do need to you would have to have the tyre removed, of course. I had the original sensors fitted way back in 2011 then the chap upgraded my system when a new model came out – and that was in 2013. They are still going strong. I know the instructions said they don’t start transmitting signals until they sense movement, presumably to reduce power consumption but if there are batteries to be replaced it is something I’ll probably look at next time I get new tyres. I’ll have to check that one out.

Cheers

Geoff
        03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• Ian H
          Valued Member
          • May 2015
          • Melbourne

Originally posted by erad View Post
          From memory, yes they are tyredog. The reason my tyre went flat was that the unit was throwing a hissy fit because it could not find the caravan, which was 100 km away at the time, so I turned it off. WRONG! Yes - the TPM should have screamed at me, but I didn't have it working. DOH!
          There must be an easy way to disconnect the van sensors when it's not attached. The Safety Dave set I have is just a push of the button on the display to disconnect or reconnect the van so it's simple when travelling and leaving the van onsite as we go off to explore.
          2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• Strings
            • Nov 2014
            • Mt Evelyn

I also have the Safety Dave set.

I was looking into a TPMS and was at a 4wd show inspecting the Safety Dave set. After some discussion I purchased kit from them as they did a great deal on the six piece set but more importantly I had aftermarket back up if required.

They probably don't give an exact temperature reading but once you have been using it for a while you get the overall impression as to what is going on with pressure/temp etc.

While doing the Oodnadatta track recently towing the camper the TPMS went into alarm and alerted me to a flat tyre on the Paj. Change of tyre and off we went again. A tyre repair was all that was needed but could have been worse so in my opinion money well spent.
            Last edited by Strings; 11-09-17, 07:59 PM.

Comment

• erad
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2015
              • Cooma NSW

Interesting, but with my TPMS, the temperature readings do increase as the day warms up and also as we get some distance uder the tyres. The indications start about the same as the ambient temp as shown on hte Pajero display, but they get warmer after a while. I have one tyre on my caravan which shows a marked increase in pressure (over 12 psi) as I drive along. I have started with the cold pressure ranging from 35 to 50 psi but the 12 psi incresae still comes. I suspect that the tyre is scrubbing due to axle misalignment or an over packed wheel bearing, but the temperature indication on that tyre is always higher so the temperature indication must be working as well as the pressure.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X