• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Netfox
    • Jul 2017
    • Canberra

Originally posted by Dalma01 View Post
    I actually triple glow pugged at start up this morning...And same rough idle and white plume
    Hi, did you end up checking the voltage drop to the glow plugs from the batt positive ?
    This will show if there is a connection problem, even if it's not cold enough to run rough.
    Just hold voltmeter in place and get someone to engage the glow circuit, see how much voltage you are losing.
    Or check voltage at glows and compare it to batt volts under same load. Best of luck.

Comment

• Dalma01
      • Jun 2013
      • Sydney

Originally posted by Netfox View Post
      Hi, did you end up checking the voltage drop to the glow plugs from the batt positive ?
      This will show if there is a connection problem, even if it's not cold enough to run rough.
      Just hold voltmeter in place and get someone to engage the glow circuit, see how much voltage you are losing.
      Or check voltage at glows and compare it to batt volts under same load. Best of luck.
      Voltage and resistance are good. It's got me stumped.

Comment

• Rnn_onmt
        • May 2017
        • Freo ish

The Special Bus is right now sitting and waiting at the dealers for airbag recall.
        Whilst there I asked for a quote for a inlet manifold clean. (Not likely would they be the best choice for doing the work but it will be interesting for a comparison) Anyhoo.... where this is relevant is the service guy asked 'why? Is it rough to start? Does it give a rough idle? Does it have any lag?
        Have you had the cleanse of your inlet manifold? I did have a skim read through your thread but I have not seen it posed as a possibility of your problem

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

• Dalma01
          • Jun 2013
          • Sydney

Originally posted by Rnn_onmt View Post
          The Special Bus is right now sitting and waiting at the dealers for airbag recall.
          Whilst there I asked for a quote for a inlet manifold clean. (Not likely would they be the best choice for doing the work but it will be interesting for a comparison) Anyhoo.... where this is relevant is the service guy asked 'why? Is it rough to start? Does it give a rough idle? Does it have any lag?
          Have you had the cleanse of your inlet manifold? I did have a skim read through your thread but I have not seen it posed as a possibility of your problem

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
          Spot on. I am doing the manifold clean next month at service time.

Comment

• Dalma01
            • Jun 2013
            • Sydney

Update. Had the glow plugs checked again by a mechanic. Guess what??? 1 blown glow plug and 3 with very high resistance. (New multimeter needed lol )
            So off to buy a set of glow plugs.

Comment

• Muzza
              Valued Member
              • Jul 2007
              • Nsw

Originally posted by Dalma01 View Post
              Update. Had the glow plugs checked again by a mechanic. Guess what??? 1 blown glow plug and 3 with very high resistance. (New multimeter needed lol )
              So off to buy a set of glow plugs.
              That's funny, I said that as the first reply, 4 pages later, after a total rebuild from top to bottom, from dealer to expert, so 40 years as a diesel mechanic , shit I must have learned some thing then. Always remember KISS
              Muzza
              2014 NW VRX , Alloy ECB bar, Poly air bags, EGR fixed. EDS scan gauge, lockup mate.
              2003 NP DID GLS retired and gone to a good home
              2007 21' Lotus spirit caravan

LH Torana

Comment

• Dalma01
                • Jun 2013
                • Sydney

Is there an easy way to replace them?
                Looks like you have to take the EGR, throttle body and or inlet manifold off?

Comment

• aussieintas
                  Valued Member
                  • Feb 2013
                  • Sorell, Tasmania

Have a look in Do It Yourself Projects section of this forum, open top sticky labeled DIY Bible, scroll down to Gen 4 and click on Tech and body repair manual. Beleive section 16, glow system 4m4.
                  2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
                  88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
                  92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
                  92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
                  99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
                  95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
                  08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• Dalma01
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Sydney

Originally posted by aussieintas View Post
                    Have a look in Do It Yourself Projects section of this forum, open top sticky labeled DIY Bible, scroll down to Gen 4 and click on Tech and body repair manual. Beleive section 16, glow system 4m4.
                    Thank you

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X