• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jared01
    • Dec 2016
    • Sydney

NW service advice. 5 years old. 60k on the clock

Hello,

I have a 2012 Pajero with full log books which i bought with 44K on the clock. That time it just had the 60K service done.

I am now up to 60K on the clock. I changed the engine oil and filter at 51.5K

I am thinking about just doing the 60K service again but not doing the brake fluid again and keep servicing it as per kms.

I use the car to tow a caravan on average about twice a month.

I would like your opinion in regards to whether or not I should also get the differential oil and automatic transmission fluid changed too and if so are these expensive things to get done?

Sometimes there is a little resistance or there is a small bump when taking the car out of park and back into drive (I made sure I engaged the handbrake first, so the car is stopped by the brake not gears). So based on this it may be worth changing the transmission fluid?

Also do our pajeros have "rear differential LSD" or "front and rear differential (conventional)" as described in the service book (page attached)?

So I am thinking

Engine oil and filter (Castrol Magnatec Professional Diesel 15w40)
    Genuine oil filter
    Genuine fuel filter

Optional
    "rear differential" LSD or "front and rear differential" oil
    Automatic transmission fluid
    Engine Air filter if dirty

Thanks for the feedback
    Attached Files
    2019 Pajero Sport GLS | Factory Alloy Bullbar | BFGoodrich T/A KO2 265/60/18 Tyres | Hayman Reese Towbar | Rhino Roof Racks | Uniden 8060S and AT970BK Twin Aerial | Safari Snorkel
  • jared01
    • Dec 2016
    • Sydney

Another question. How can I tell which transmission I have. Looks like there are a few variants which I believe are V5A5A and V5AWF
    2019 Pajero Sport GLS | Factory Alloy Bullbar | BFGoodrich T/A KO2 265/60/18 Tyres | Hayman Reese Towbar | Rhino Roof Racks | Uniden 8060S and AT970BK Twin Aerial | Safari Snorkel

Comment

• jared01
      • Dec 2016
      • Sydney

Decided I will get the following done.

Engine Oil and filter change
      Air filter
      Fuel filter
      Rear diff oil change

Will likely also do the transmission oil as the car is 5 years old now and it will cost another $170 so might be a worthwhile addition.

Comment

• zoom
        • Apr 2017
        • Sydney

If this is you last service under warranty I suggest you have a professional inspection and hope any faulty items found may be covered under warranty

Comment

• Joe_Pajero
          • Nov 2016
          • Gold Coast

I agree with the last post - if it is the last service under warranty then get it inspected and done properly.

Your question regarding the diffs - if you have a rear diff lock then you will not have the LSD in the rear - the front will always be an open diff. Conversely, if you don't have a rear diff lock then the rear diff will be an LSD and you should make sure that the correct oil is used when changing it.

Transmission oil - if the car spends a lot of its klms towing then that will put the transmission under stress and it would be a good idea to change the fluid.
          Joe

2014 VRX Pajero
          with a few mods including OL bullbar, VRS 9,500lb winch, Bushskinz underbody protection, additional fuel tank, 50mm lift, second battery with DC/DC charger and wiring to the rear, Outback drawers, water tank in 3rd row seat well, UHF radio, oil catch can, EGR mod, and more.

Comment

• pauld
            Valued Member
            • Apr 2010
            • Melbourne

I didn't think they were putting LSDs in since NPs without traction control.....?
            2015 NX, ARB Bullbar, Bilstein / Lovells HD Front and Kings SP Rear, Polyairs, 17" NP Exceed wheels, D697 LT265/65/17, STEDI Cree 24" 120Watt light bar, Tracklander 2100 Roof Cage, Bushskinz side steps and bash plates, 200AH of Batts under rear floor via Redarc 40 Amp, cargo barrier with custom rear shelf up high, TC mod, EGR mod, catch can, iPhone4 with OBD app, USB ports in all 3 rows, custom storage in rear passenger guard.

Comment

• jared01
              • Dec 2016
              • Sydney

This will be my first service since I have owned the car and the warranty ran out about 3 weeks ago.

Already had an end of warranty of inspection by an independent mechanic and no major issues were found.

It is a bit of over servicing but I will go with the items listed above and go from there.

Thanks for the feedback.

Out of interest, how much oil is involved with a transmission oil change and is there a filter to be replaced?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X