• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rodsfromday
    • Jul 2017
    • Kingaroy

New Pajero owner

So after owning an Outlander for a few years, I upgraded to a 2006 Pajero VRX petrol due to a caravan purchase and thus needed a bit more grunt. The reason I went with the Pajero was that the Outlander was my first Mitsubishi and man she gave me awesome service and did not have one problem. I did all my own servicing and maintenance.

So normally with any car purchase, I normally like to do a full service. Will the Supercheap parts suffice? What all would I need to get for that? I have also read alot about EGR and resistors, which is very confusing. Anything else I need to get or look at please?

Taking it to Pedders on Saturday to get it properly checked out. It shudders when i brake which vibrates through the seat. Hopefully, what I searched up on, it might just be warped rotor discs.

Great informative forum!!!
    Thanx
  • geopaj
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Adelaide

I wouldn't bother with Pedders. They have a reputation (time & time again) for over-reporting supposed faults and then writing up big quotes.

I reckon if you took a brand new NX to Pedders, they would report worn out items with a repair/replace quote in the $1k+ range.
    Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• Merts
      Valued Member
      • Nov 2011
      • Bendigo Vic

The EGR is nowhere near the same problem on a petrol as it is on the diesels.
      It's a big issue on diesels because of the much larger amount of particulate matter in the exhaust gases, which combines with the crank case ventilation oil vapour to form a thick gunk in the inlet manifold. It doesn't happen to the same degree in the petrol engines.

I concur with geopaj regarding Pedders.
      Find a good mechanic or tyre and suspension place instead.

It sounds like warped rotor/s to me too btw.
      Merts
      Impulse Blue 2015 MQ Triton GLS Auto

ARB Summit front & rear bars and side steps, Carryboy canopy and rack, Safari Snorkel, VRS 9500 winch, Gecko 16x7 rims with BFG 245/75r16 KM3s, Uniden 8080s UHF, Darche 270 awning
      Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear Elocker, Supertrim Neoprene Seat Covers, Drifta drawers, MSA drop slide, dual battery system and ARB onboard compressor. National Campers Hermit.

Previously a Gunmetal 2007 NS VRX DiD Auto

Comment

• NTBenny
        • May 2017
        • Newcastle

Can't go wrong with Ryco filters and Nulon oil in my opinion.

Regards,

Benny.
        2011 NT Pajero Platinum, DCS 80AH Extreme Battery, Stedi 8.5" LED driving lights, Bushskinz side steps & bash plates, Provent 200, Auto-mate TC lockup, Derale fan forced trans cooler, custom 3inch exhaust, JT intercooler, Bilstein + Lovells 2 inch lift, Airbag Man bags, DBA slotted rotors, braided brake lines, diff+gearbox+transfer breathers, Redarc boost & EGT gauge, Tuned by TME 141rwkw 598nm.

Comment

• rodsfromday
          • Jul 2017
          • Kingaroy

Originally posted by geopaj View Post
          I wouldn't bother with Pedders. They have a reputation (time & time again) for over-reporting supposed faults and then writing up big quotes.

I reckon if you took a brand new NX to Pedders, they would report worn out items with a repair/replace quote in the $1k+ range.
          Thanx, booked in with Suspension mob and taking in today.

Comment

• rodsfromday
            • Jul 2017
            • Kingaroy

Originally posted by Merts View Post
            The EGR is nowhere near the same problem on a petrol as it is on the diesels.
            It's a big issue on diesels because of the much larger amount of particulate matter in the exhaust gases, which combines with the crank case ventilation oil vapour to form a thick gunk in the inlet manifold. It doesn't happen to the same degree in the petrol engines.

I concur with geopaj regarding Pedders.
            Find a good mechanic or tyre and suspension place instead.

It sounds like warped rotor/s to me too btw.
            Thanx. But is it still something that i need to look at in the long run?
            Yip looking at where i can get the best deal on new rotors and pads.

Comment

• rodsfromday
              • Jul 2017
              • Kingaroy

Originally posted by NTBenny View Post
              Can't go wrong with Ryco filters and Nulon oil in my opinion.

Regards,

Benny.
              Thanx Benny. Will grab them today and do the service on the weekend.

Comment

• rodsfromday
                • Jul 2017
                • Kingaroy

Will these be good? Will be getting both front and rear with this guys. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/263016290806

Comment

• Merts
                  Valued Member
                  • Nov 2011
                  • Bendigo Vic

Originally posted by rodsfromday View Post
                  Thanx. But is it still something that i need to look at in the long run?
                  I wouldn't bother myself.

Perhaps someone with a Petrol Paj might offer an opinion, but I've never heard of EGR related issues with Mitsubishi petrol engines.
                  Merts
                  Impulse Blue 2015 MQ Triton GLS Auto

ARB Summit front & rear bars and side steps, Carryboy canopy and rack, Safari Snorkel, VRS 9500 winch, Gecko 16x7 rims with BFG 245/75r16 KM3s, Uniden 8080s UHF, Darche 270 awning
                  Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear Elocker, Supertrim Neoprene Seat Covers, Drifta drawers, MSA drop slide, dual battery system and ARB onboard compressor. National Campers Hermit.

Previously a Gunmetal 2007 NS VRX DiD Auto

Comment

• rodsfromday
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Kingaroy

Wow just got quote of over $4K as i need new shocks , brakes and disc machining, ball joints and a heap of bushes. And that's for front and rear

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by rodsfromday; 10-08-17, 04:09 PM.

Comment

• BBP
                      • Oct 2007
                      • Canberra

Yep, could be. Bit of labour in all that and some of those bushes in the rear could be expensive.
                      It may be time to look at a complete suspension upgrade. Can done yourself easily enough, if you buy complete front struts. I would get someone to do the ball joints and bushes unless you have the gear as I understand some can be a bugger to replace.
                      The rest is easy diy inc suspension. I put DBA rotors and bendix pads on the front of my NP. Got them through Supercheap and weren't must different to eBay.

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
                        Valued Member
                        • Aug 2016
                        • Greater Sydney

Doesn't hurt to get a couple more quotes. Could be a good idea to organise shocks and springs through Kerion at Bushskinz and get someone to fit them. http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/ They are sponsors on this board. Tell him you are on the board.

Comment

• rodsfromday
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Kingaroy

Originally posted by BBP View Post
                          Yep, could be. Bit of labour in all that and some of those bushes in the rear could be expensive.
                          It may be time to look at a complete suspension upgrade. Can done yourself easily enough, if you buy complete front struts. I would get someone to do the ball joints and bushes unless you have the gear as I understand some can be a bugger to replace.
                          The rest is easy diy inc suspension. I put DBA rotors and bendix pads on the front of my NP. Got them through Supercheap and weren't must different to eBay.
                          Yeah the labour is the killer. I will start making up a list from their quote and see whats needed and start ringing/searching around. I might have a mechanic that might be able to do all this work for much less. Thanx BBP.

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi View Post
                          Doesn't hurt to get a couple more quotes. Could be a good idea to organise shocks and springs through Kerion at Bushskinz and get someone to fit them. http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/ They are sponsors on this board. Tell him you are on the board.
                          Thanx Bruce, yeah going to get some more quotes first. Like the guy said the car still has the factory original shocks in, so its probably time for a refresh. Will also look at bushskinz.

Comment

• rodsfromday
                            • Jul 2017
                            • Kingaroy

I looked on Eby and i can get all the parts including brakes and shocks for about $1300. That is for all the ball joints bushings. Everything that I got quoted on. I am busy getting a quote from an indy mechanic. He did my Outlander brakes a few months ago.
                            I just hope I got all the correct parts, that's my only concern!!
                            Are these the correct shocks please?
                            MITSUBISHI PAJERO. MODELS - NS, GLX, VRX & EXCEED SPEC. 3.8L V6 & 3.2L TURBO DIESEL LWB 4WD WAGON. KYB SHOCK ABSORBERS TO SUIT THE. FRONT & REAR OF AN. All weather fluid. YEARS- 11/2006-01/2009. ARCHM INDUSTRIES CAN SOURCE ALL YOUR SUSPENSION NEEDS FOR MOST MAKES AND MODELS.

Thanx

Comment

• rodsfromday
                              • Jul 2017
                              • Kingaroy

Also just looked at Supercheap Auto and they sell most of the items I need at almost the same price as well.
                              It's doing my head in. My mine concern is getting the correct parts. maybe I should walk into Supercheap and talk to someone.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X