Clear All
  • littleriver
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2013
    • Queensland

Hema HN7 - Anaconda Sale

Is this Hema HN7 a good price at $449 ?

could be a good xmas present

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap
  • Dicko1
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2014
    • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by littleriver View Post
    Is this Hema HN7 a good price at $449 ?

could be a good xmas present

Thats the best price I,ve seen. Paid $650 for mine 2 years ago. The new NX model is out but from what I have read this model is still the one to get...The latest model will not let you load your own maps...Thats what I read anyway..
    Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Ian H
      Valued Member
      • May 2015
      • Melbourne

I wouldn't be surprised to see them keep going lower. They were $499 at the recent caravan and camping show.
      2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• Skexis
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2012
        • Adelaide

What are the benefits of one of these compared to something like a TomTom or a Garmin?
        "When strangers meet, great allowances should be made for differences of custom and training". The Lady Jessica - Wisdom of Arrakis

Comment

• GHendo
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2012
          • Northern NSW

Originally posted by Skexis View Post
          What are the benefits of one of these compared to something like a TomTom or a Garmin?
          The HN-7 has two modes – normal highway / street navigation and 4WD off-road navigation – do sure if Tom Tom and Garmin do that. I’ve had one for over 12 months now and am very happy with it. I’d be interested to have a play with the new HX-1 but if what Dicko says above is correct, not being able to add your own maps is a bit of a bummer.

Geoff
          03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• Dicko1
            Valued Member
            • Dec 2014
            • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by GHendo View Post
            The HN-7 has two modes – normal highway / street navigation and 4WD off-road navigation – do sure if Tom Tom and Garmin do that. I’ve had one for over 12 months now and am very happy with it. I’d be interested to have a play with the new HX-1 but if what Dicko says above is correct, not being able to add your own maps is a bit of a bummer.

Geoff

Here is part of a review summary...."After comparing the HN7 and HX-1, I believe that Hema has tried to make the new unit as user friendly and intuitive as possible, which is always good for the user. However when customers ask whether the HN7 is easy to use I always say yes but qualify my answer by saying "but if you are willing to invest the time and learn how OziExplorer works then you will get so much more enjoyment out of the unit, as its capabilities grow with your understanding."
            What I believe we now have are two distinct GPS units for two different markets, for the everyday 4 wheel-driver or caravaner who wants a great easy to use navigation device that can be loaded with all Hema's brilliant new multi-layer mapping then the HX-1 ticks all the boxes. However, if you are an enthusiast who wants the best 4WD GPS with the ability to load your own maps as well as access to a huge collection of off-line maps using OziExplorer then the HN7 is the best GPS for you."

The nw model is a lot faster to use and has a few advantages. Personally I,d go for the older model at a good price and have the ability to store custom maps....
            Last edited by Dicko1; 08-12-16, 06:13 AM.
            Dicko. FNQ

Comment

• Aspey
              • Dec 2015
              • Great Southern Land

Does anyone know if these come with the new 150k maps?
              Are they any good for an around town GPS or only for 4WD touring?
              I've heard you can plug in reverse cameras with the HN7 but not with the new HX1.
              NP VRX DID

Comment

• Dicko1
                Valued Member
                • Dec 2014
                • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by Aspey View Post
                Does anyone know if these come with the new 150k maps?
                Are they any good for an around town GPS or only for 4WD touring?
                I've heard you can plug in reverse cameras with the HN7 but not with the new HX1.

Aspey the best thing to do is google Hema and all your questions will be answered...better than anyone on here can...
                Dicko. FNQ

Comment

• Aspey
                  • Dec 2015
                  • Great Southern Land

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
                  Aspey the best thing to do is google Hema and all your questions will be answered...better than anyone on here can...
                  Hi Dicko1, I've already had a reality check. I need a roofrack and a rear shelf first.
                  BTW Mapworld are selling for $445 if anyones interested.
                  NP VRX DID

Comment

• Dicko1
                    Valued Member
                    • Dec 2014
                    • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by Aspey View Post
                    Hi Dicko1, I've already had a reality check. I need a roofrack and a rear shelf first.
                    BTW Mapworld are selling for $445 if anyones interested.
                    Priorities....
                    Dicko. FNQ

Comment

• Poita
                      Valued Member
                      • Sep 2010
                      • Adelaide

Or purchase a second hand Android tablet for $160 and buy Oziexplorer for $25. Pinch a heap of awesome maps from family/friends and you have one for significantly cheaper...
                      NW VRX MY2013
                      Jonny Tig FMIC, 3" Exhaust, RalliArt remap, Provent, FuelManager, CouplerTec rust protection, ARB bar, Runva winch, TJM Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovell/Airbags, full Bushskins kit, Asfir AC+fuel, Fyrlyt Nemesis 9000 spotties + LED headlights, Uniden UHF, RedArc TowPro Elite, BRC breathers, Honda sprayers, Automate lockup/paddles, Rhino platform/backbone

Comment

• Kirkster72
                        • Sep 2013
                        • Sydney

Got mine from bcf $500, had the hn6 which was great, so wanted to upgrade to the hn7 as i sold the 6.
                        2008 nt gls 3.2 smartbar, runva ewx9500 winch, airtech snorkel, ironman / ome combo lift, smartbar, 75watt hid's, lightbar, dual battery, rear worklight, bashplates, catch can 65ltr waeco, 18ltr engel, ors draws/fridge slide, 58ltr lra aux tank ,blah blah blah!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X