• Perth

Any thoughts on a mid week run?

Even a day trip down Harvey way?

Comment

• grhyso
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2012
      • Perth

I can probably do one soon rich. Itching to get down there.
      2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

• Richie-Rich
        • Mar 2013
        • Perth

I have every Thursday off in Sep.

South or I haven't yet finished exploring Julimar.

Comment

• grhyso
          Valued Member
          • Aug 2012
          • Perth

I've got every Thursday off also. I've only really been to harvey for an hour or so on the way home from brunswick, julimar on the other hand I've a few times and know a couple of good tracks and spots but have more to explore
          2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

Comment

• peanut
            • Nov 2007

Put me down for a run depending on dates. My work has me pretty much every Monday to Saturday so will need to see when the date is set. Have a NM now so keen to see how it goes down the beach.

Comment

• Paj man
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2010
              • Perth

OK sorry everyone - I've been too busy doing other things and haven't had time for a proper reply.

Richie and Rhys - I'm keen as mustard for a mid week run. Shall we say next Thursday (10th September)?

If anyone is keen for a run in early October 10/11th, post up if you're free and I'll get a proper thread sorted.

Cheers
              1997 NK - Quad cam goodness turning 33 Duratrac's and 4.9 diffs, 2inch lift, steel front/sides/rear, front locker and a winch

Now pending: Nothing

Comment

• peanut
                • Nov 2007

Will let you know closer, but at this stage I am keen for that weekend.

Comment

• grhyso
                  Valued Member
                  • Aug 2012
                  • Perth

Originally posted by Paj man View Post
                  OK sorry everyone - I've been too busy doing other things and haven't had time for a proper reply.

Richie and Rhys - I'm keen as mustard for a mid week run. Shall we say next Thursday (10th September)?

If anyone is keen for a run in early October 10/11th, post up if you're free and I'll get a proper thread sorted.

Cheers
                  Yeah mate, I can do the 10th. Have to do a first aid course on the 17th so can't do that week anymore. I'll call Richie and we'll sort something out.

Comment

• Paj man
                    Valued Member
                    • Mar 2010
                    • Perth

Winner winner - just flick us a pm if you and richie are keen for the 10th Sept.

No worries Simon - we'll keen the mid Oct. run space open (even if it's a sneaky little down south run)
                    1997 NK - Quad cam goodness turning 33 Duratrac's and 4.9 diffs, 2inch lift, steel front/sides/rear, front locker and a winch

Comment

• peanut
                      • Nov 2007

Will be in Busselton for a week in September / October. another trip down would be good.

Comment

• grhyso
                        Valued Member
                        • Aug 2012
                        • Perth

Just a quick run down of our mid week trip to keep the rest of you salivating to get out into the bush. Unfortunately Richie couldn't make the trip so it was just Paj man and I. We met in Bullsbrook and head off towards Julimar State Forest with dark clouds closing in. Managed a nice trail I know including an enjoyable hill climb with views back towards farming land, not too hard to start off. From there it was easy trails for a while, at one point opening up into a natural field of wildflowers nearly roof height.

From there we stopped at the Julimar "mud pits" to assess our options. Climbed a reasonably steep hill only to do a loop back round as the track flattens off, so we head up another trail to explore and stumbled across a fenced farming land with a field of flowers. Unfortunately by this stage it had started to drizzle and I wasn't game to get out of the car with my camera so the phone pictures don't really do it justice. A bit of drive round to one of my favourite Julimar trails, a tight track following Julimar creek including a few mud holes, nothing deep or challenging just good fun. The track finishes with a nice rocky hill climb, as luck would have it it started raining quite heavily at this point. Both Pajero's made it up without too much hassle, though I will say the manual Gen 2 with a front locker crawled up with fairly minimal wheel spin or revving of the engine where I was spinning wheels and relying on traction control and revving quite high with the slipping auto. Think I'll be trying to convince the missus a rear locker should be on the order list.

From here we head south, across Julimar road and into the Avon valley. The extra water on the track made this quite a fun little drive down along the fencelines, through a few creeks and down to the Avon River. It is possible to cross the river but pointless as the road on the otherside is a private rail service road. You are able to cross, turn around and cross again. A trip down to Sappers camp also on the Avon River was the final point for the day, surprisingly DPaW had the gates open for access, the long hill down to Sappers was in much worse condition than when I last saw it and I believe this is the main reason they close the gate, to preserve the track.

All in all a great day mid week, nice quiet trails, only saw a group of 4x while letting air out of the tyres, a couple of cars camped at the northern entry road into Julimar and a walking group in the Julimar forest.

Comment

• stevemc181
                          Valued Member
                          • Sep 2012
                          • Thornlie/Perth

Looks like a good day out, beats working, that's for sure!
                          2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
                          3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• Paj man
                            Valued Member
                            • Mar 2010
                            • Perth

Summed it up quite nicely there gryhso - was a good fun day out with both cars handling the conditions well (bar the attempted at the now washed out rock step-up from last year which a certain gen 2 Pajero had to winch out of). It's certainly a good time of year to be out exploring - those wildflowers were awesome.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Paj man
                              Valued Member
                              • Mar 2010
                              • Perth

One more cheeky shot
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Richie-Rich
                                • Mar 2013
                                • Perth

Gutted.

Stupid breaking VW golf.

Next time. The Patrol is itching to get back out there.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X