• Show
Clear All
  • Alex86
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Here and there

Warroora Station WA

From the other day taken on a little trip away

Last edited by Alex86; 02-04-18, 12:47 PM.
    '99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc
    Towing: 4.8m Savage Centurion half-cab w/75hp Mariner

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.
  • Rovingman
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2014
    • Blue mountains

Very nice im envious of you W.A boys!!
    Pajero NT RX 2011
    Dark tint: Driftadraws:bushskinz set:tough dog lift:50lt waeco:MSA drop down slide: optima 66AH blue top: oricom cb:GME antenna:120w solar:narva 170 lights:hayman reese brake controller:18/265/65 BFG's :roof basket & bag:SPV MK3.1:ARB compressor: Donaldson fuel filter:breathers:Redarc 40amp:century 120AH dual batt: Blue tongue offroad trekka camper trailer :2016 winch n bar Airtek snorkel
    LIVING THE DREAM!! My Build http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=44476

Comment

• Alex86
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2007
      • Here and there

Yeah it is a pretty awesome spot. Gets busy in school holidays, as expected. All the really good sites were taken unfortunately.

Best thing about it was I caught an awesome cod from the kayak, doing some trolling. Big fat bugger! Well, for me and what I've caught on the kayak it's the biggest thing so far. Must get the pics off the other camera at some stage.

Wish I could just stay down there longer and not have to go back to work it was so much fun.....
      '99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Comment

• sub888
        • Oct 2012
        • Barossa Valley

Awesome place. Any more piccies Alex, almost 20 years since I have been there.
        We caught tuna, big macs monster squid ( which was a surprise as i thought it might be a bit far north for them) and countless other species all out of a 12ft tinnie.
        Would love to get there again one day.

Comment

• Alex86
          Valued Member
          • Jul 2007
          • Here and there

I'll get some more photos up during the week hopefully.

First bit of camping I've done in about two years, crikey was it good!!!!

I was flicking various lures off the kayak into tuna that were busting the surface and getting airborne, but none of them went for what I was offering I'm keen to try and score a tuna or mackerel from the kayak at some point in my life.... Maybe next trip whenever that is!

Comment

• sub888
            • Oct 2012
            • Barossa Valley

Originally posted by Alex86 View Post
            I'll get some more photos up during the week hopefully.

First bit of camping I've done in about two years, crikey was it good!!!!

I was flicking various lures off the kayak into tuna that were busting the surface and getting airborne, but none of them went for what I was offering I'm keen to try and score a tuna or mackerel from the kayak at some point in my life.... Maybe next trip whenever that is!
            Small 40 gram metal lures and high speed reels. Wind as fast as you can and then wind faster. You will never be able to wind to fast for Mac tuna and long tails..

Comment

• sub888
              • Oct 2012
              • Barossa Valley

Not sure I would want a 20kg Spanish mac going mental in a kayak. be awesome fight from the kayak thou.

Comment

• Alex86
                Valued Member
                • Jul 2007
                • Here and there

I'm not greedy, I'll take a 10kg mackie haha
                Yeah it would be a bit scary trying to handle one from the kayak, but the fight would be awesome fun! Part of the reason I tend to crush barbs down on the hooks is so I can get them out easier (therefore less damage to the fish) as I normally release all of my catch because I don't really eat fish. Generally some longish handled pliers to keep my hands away from hooks and teeth will do the trick! However if I land something that I know is legal and someone will like, I'll keep it for them.

Anyway as promised here are some pics in no particular order...

Some of the underwater world

Last edited by Alex86; 02-04-18, 12:49 PM.

Comment

• Alex86
                  Valued Member
                  • Jul 2007
                  • Here and there

Camp site

First cast, first fish!

Bringing in the cod on the kayak

Last edited by Alex86; 02-04-18, 12:50 PM.

Comment

• sharkcaver
                    "2000"+ Valued Contributor
                    • May 2009
                    • Perth

Very nice Alex. Whatchya doing next week

If I had more than a week or so leave, I'd be up there about now, perfect time of year. As it stands, I have to slum it in the goldfields for the next two trips
                    MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Alex86
                      Valued Member
                      • Jul 2007
                      • Here and there

Next week as in starting tomorrow or the 20th??

Either way I won't be able to go back there

Comment

• Alex86
                        Valued Member
                        • Jul 2007
                        • Here and there

Some of the scenery around the station

Last edited by Alex86; 02-04-18, 12:56 PM.

Comment

• Alex86
                          Valued Member
                          • Jul 2007
                          • Here and there

And the corrugations on one section of road decided to break a mount on the mirror. Electrical tape is doing a ripper job at the moment though!!!
                          Last edited by Alex86; 02-04-18, 12:57 PM.

Comment

• Rovingman
                            Valued Member
                            • Jan 2014
                            • Blue mountains

Great photos but could you please stop!!
                            Im back at work now!!
                            Pajero NT RX 2011
                            Dark tint: Driftadraws:bushskinz set:tough dog lift:50lt waeco:MSA drop down slide: optima 66AH blue top: oricom cb:GME antenna:120w solar:narva 170 lights:hayman reese brake controller:18/265/65 BFG's :roof basket & bag:SPV MK3.1:ARB compressor: Donaldson fuel filter:breathers:Redarc 40amp:century 120AH dual batt: Blue tongue offroad trekka camper trailer :2016 winch n bar Airtek snorkel
                            LIVING THE DREAM!! My Build http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=44476

Comment

• sub888
                              • Oct 2012
                              • Barossa Valley

Awesome Alex thanks for sharing. Makes me want to get back there even more.!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X