Below Nav Bar

Collapse

Buying something from the 4WD Supacentre.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Silver Streak
    Valued Member
    • May 2010
    • Adelaide. South Aust.

Buying something from the 4WD Supacentre.

Not sure if this where I should be posting, but oh well??
    I wanted to buy something online from the 4WD Supacentre. But when I went to the checkout, the only option I had, to pay for the item, was to enter my card details?? Now, I know this option has been around for years, but I have never been keen, rightly or wrongly, to do it this way. The same applies when giving my card details over the phone, I NEVER do it!! I just don't trust the system.
    Don't get me wrong, I have bought heaps online, eBay etc. In the old days you had the option to pay straight into the sellers account, but now I do most/all via Pay Pal. A lot of companies have that option these days. I don't have any money in my Pay Pal account, they just access the money through my Visa card. Now unless they roll over or get hacked big time, I feel reasonably comfortable with Pay Pal.
    So if there's any financial or banking gurus on our forum, is it safe to buy stuff this way?? And can a seller take anymore cash than you have agreed to pay. Or even on-sell your details to other dodgy persons??
    Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

2010 NT (Nov) Platinum Pajero, DiD auto, Iron Bark.
    Factory Tow-bar, Colour coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar, Hankook Dynopro RT03 MT Tyres, 265/R70x17, Bilstein/Lovell HD 2" lift kit, Bushskinz underbody protection plates, Navar Blue 225's, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Tinted Pajero Bonnet Protector, Uniden UH7750NB UHF-CB, Rhino Rack Sunseeker ll Awning (2.5m x 2m), Full Tint + UV film on privacy glass, Dash Mat, Techniice 60ltr Fridge/Freezer.
  • Poita
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2010
    • Adelaide

I do it this way every day and never had a single problem. It's an established company in Australia, not some unheard of gadget company in India, so you won't have any problems.

If it has https:// and not just http:// at the start of the address where you are asked to enter you card details, it is a secure website.
    NW VRX MY2013
    Jonny Tig FMIC, 3" Exhaust, RalliArt remap, Provent, FuelManager, CouplerTec rust protection, ARB bar, Runva winch, TJM Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovell/Airbags, full Bushskins kit, Asfir AC+fuel, Fyrlyt Nemesis 9000 spotties + LED headlights, Uniden UHF, RedArc TowPro Elite, BRC breathers, Honda sprayers, Automate lockup/paddles, Rhino platform/backbone

Comment

• spot01
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2011
      • Adelaide

I have a second credit card with a low credit limit and no fee, to use for transactions with people I am uneasy about.

That way, my main card and larger credit limit remain safer.

Many banks or CUs have a no fee credit card, sometimes with interest free days as well, eg, BankWest Zero MasterCard.

If you can't find one with the interest free days, you can put the account in credit before you buy to avoid paying interest.
      Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• DaveE66
        Valued Member
        • Oct 2010
        • Mannum SA

I have done it many times never had an issue, although I do agree and prefer PayPal.

Regards
        Dave
        NS DiD VRX, ARB Steel Bar, Roo Lites, Safari Snorkel, GME UHF, 2" Lift, Poly Airs, Dual Batteries, Cooper Tyres, Ecu remap, 3inch exhaust, Imax 12000lb Winch,

Comment

• dean
          Valued Member
          • Jul 2007

This financial risk is all taken by your bank, card provider etc.
          We got skimmed by someone somewhere and the only hassle was all cards were cancelled and new ones issued after about a week.
          NM V6 since August 2000. Cargo Barrier, Satphone, Decent Suspension, Decent Tyres Eg. Any 10 PLY E Load Brand Not Important. Aux Tank, Rola Sports Racks/Basket, Decent Canvas Bag, Quality Esky. A Good Setup For Outback Touring/Desert Crossings.

Comment

• Naviguesser
            Valued Member
            • Dec 2013
            • Crib Point Vic

The easy answer if you are nervous giving your card details on line, is to go into a shop and buy your items there.

If you want to buy cheaper stuff online it is a risk you need to take.
            MY14 NW GLX-R DiD
            ARB Bull Bar, Safari Snorkel, Dual Batteries, Tinted Windows, Spare Tyre Lift, Toyo Open Country 2. EGR Block. GME UHF. Illuminator 9" LED Driving Lights.
            TJM XGS Gold Series Shocks, EFS Coils, Polyairs.
            Now towing a 19ft regent Caravan

Member of the Cynical Old Bloke Club

Comment

• bush dweller
              • Feb 2014
              • seymour vic

ive got a lot of stuff thru them, all good

Comment

• Roach
                • Nov 2013
                • Cairns

I'd be more worried walkin through a shopping centre with wallet in pocket and someone skimming it without u even knowing where when or how
                Swb nh import 3.0 v6 5spd man, ralliart, lifted, locked and charged on 37" creepys!!

Comment

• BorgPS17
                  • Mar 2017
                  • melbourne

Originally posted by Roach View Post
                  I'd be more worried walkin through a shopping centre with wallet in pocket and someone skimming it without u even knowing where when or how
                  That cannot happen to me.... :-)

i have a anti-skimming wallet, and i know it works.
                  Pajero Sport QE 20016
                  Smart Bar
                  Boos Bash Plates
                  7 inch LED Driving Lights
                  Domin8R X 12,000 Winch with Rope

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X