• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pickle
    Administrator
    • Jun 2007
    • All over Oz

NW Video

Have a VRX Pajero we are going to profile on film. Going to do a bit more of a technical presentation on the current series pajero in general as there is nothing out there for Australian delivered models at the moment.
    So if you were doing research on buying a NW Pajero what would you think would be the most important aspect of the vehicle to be explained?
    Dave
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club
  • rmonson
    • May 2008
    • country Victoria

Great idea!

Maybe its worth highlighting the features of the auto, to inform the choice between auto and manual in the GLX and GLX/R

Another characteristic to explore might be the monocoque construction?

I am sure you will get lots more suggestions!
    NW MY 14 VRX, Lovells / Koni HD 40mm lift, LRA 58 litre aux tank, Bushskinz x4 and side steps, TowPro, Redarc BCDC 1225, Optima Blue top aux battery on ARB tray, Tanami side by slide drawers, MMA tow bar, ARB deluxe bull bar, Runva 1200EWX winch, GME 4500s, 90 watt 150mm LED spot / flood combo, Airtec snorkel, RAM iPad mount (and iPad running Memory Maps - Hema and Tom Tom), Projecta dual battery monitor, ScanGuageII, ARB compressor

Comment

• Pickle
      Administrator
      • Jun 2007
      • All over Oz

Originally posted by rmonson View Post
      Great idea!

Another characteristic to explore might be the monocoque construction?
      Yep will be explaining the monocoque body. Might be a little difficult on the auto/ manual though as the manual VRX has been dropped and we only have the one auto and no manual to profile. But obviously will spell out the benefits of the Aisin transmission on it.
      dave
      NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
      Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• t0ne
        • Jun 2010
        • Adelaide

I would be explaining the towing ability of the car with care taken to highlight the 180KG ball weight for the 3T towing.
        2005 NP MY06 DiD Auto Exceed, Nudge bar, IPF spot lights, rear DVD for the kids.(being added) long range tank, poly airs, heavy duty springs, dual battery, slotted rotors. New van: 2013 Jayco starcraft 22.68.1

Comment

• stevemc181
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2012
          • Thornlie/Perth

Might be worth also noting a couple of the negative points:
          Opening the rear door with trailer attached, recommended solutions etc.
          Weakness of the Rear door strut, don't use the locking option if possible.
          Rear Bumper is a giant sand scoop and easily lost or damaged without protection.
          Lack of some rear accessory fitment like Dual wheel carriers or 81 litre Aux tank due to rear air con positioning.

Apart from these minor details, the NW is a great vehicle, particularly with a lift and some decent suspension/tyres. Pretty much like any showroom 4wd these days, they all need some form of modding for serious offroad work.
          2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
          3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• Jondalar
            Valued Member
            • Jan 2011
            • Brisbane

I would suggest explaining the unique control you have over the 4WD system, no comparable vehicle I know of that allows you total control over 2WD/ 4WD etc.

Cheers,

Karl
            Pajero gone, driving something European and sexy now

Comment

• stevemc181
              Valued Member
              • Sep 2012
              • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by Jondalar View Post
              I would suggest explaining the unique control you have over the 4WD system, no comparable vehicle I know of that allows you total control over 2WD/ 4WD etc.

Cheers,

Karl
              Yep, gotta love the Super Select!
              2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• TheTaipan
                Banned
                • Jan 2009
                • sydney

Originally posted by stevemc181 View Post
                Might be worth also noting a couple of the negative points:
                Opening the rear door with trailer attached, recommended solutions etc.
                Weakness of the Rear door strut, don't use the locking option if possible.
                Rear Bumper is a giant sand scoop and easily lost or damaged without protection.
                Lack of some rear accessory fitment like Dual wheel carriers or 81 litre Aux tank due to rear air con positioning.

Apart from these minor details, the NW is a great vehicle, particularly with a lift and some decent suspension/tyres. Pretty much like any showroom 4wd these days, they all need some form of modding for serious offroad work.

Opening the rear door can be overcome. No big deal.

Never had a problem with the rear door strut in 250,000Ks and my rear door is opened and closed many times a day. Probably more than most on here.

There is still a tank available for vehicles with rear air con, smaller but still there.

A number of 4X4s have a lack of accessories not just Pajeros.

Good points...being able to switch from 2WD to AWD on the fly. Comfortable ride, five year warranty, capable on the tracks, (mine has gone everywhere the big boys go) traction control, under 10 litres per 100K, I don't have a problem with the seats as others complain about even though I am 188cm and 90Kg. Dust sealing is very good on mine.

My bad points, bloody interior rattles, unless the speedo has been changed in the NW you can't see or read it buried so deep with those appalling colours, (I bought a dedicated GPS speedo that sits on the dash) the EGR and carbon build up that for some reason I have never had, but I have never had a lot of the problems that appear on this board, again I don't know why.

Comment

• Pickle
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2007
                  • All over Oz

Cheers,

Karl
                  Yep will be profiling that as well. In regards to towing that will have it's own video profile. So the one we are doing first will be Onroad/Offroad .Second video will be on towing and limits.
                  NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                  Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Goodsy
                    Who ya gunna call....
                    • Dec 2010
                    • Hervey Bay

Cheers,

Karl
                    Although super select has been with us for donkeys years it's still worth explaining as most are still ignorant to it's full functions.

Worth mentioning the 5 star ancap (33.41 out of 37) rating and why.

Accessories that are available and can be fitted.

Seat position options and storage

People like luxuries so stuff like heated electric seats etc are winners

Explain that not having a chassis is not the end of the world and in fact has many benefits.
                    .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
                    NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• TheTaipan
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2009
                      • sydney

David Anderson did the Spanish Steps near Lithgow in his NT with rear diff lock and a 2inch lift.

Went everywhere the big toys did.

Comment

• Goodsy
                        Who ya gunna call....
                        • Dec 2010
                        • Hervey Bay

Lifting wheels all the time feels strange at first!!!
                        But after a while you get use to it. It's normal.
                        .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
                        NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• Pickle
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2007
                          • All over Oz

Won't be any stunts in this one....she is totally stock
                          Dave
                          NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                          Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• stevemc181
                            Valued Member
                            • Sep 2012
                            • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by TheTaipan View Post
                            Opening the rear door can be overcome. No big deal.

Never had a problem with the rear door strut in 250,000Ks and my rear door is opened and closed many times a day. Probably more than most on here.

There is still a tank available for vehicles with rear air con, smaller but still there.

A number of 4X4s have a lack of accessories not just the Pajero.

The spare wheel lift kit is not a definitive solution, particularly if you run bigger tyres. Maybe point out other hitch type options.

Plenty on here have rear door strut problems with the NT/NW.

Point out the smaller Aux tank option so potential buyers are aware and show me a manufacturer who makes a dual rear wheel carrier that will fit with rear air con in place?

So the issue with pointing out any of the above is?

Comment

• TC.Barky
                              Valued Member
                              • Oct 2011
                              • Melbourne

Rear diff lock as standard. Maybe something about the articulation limitations but explain that it's still capable etc etc.
                              MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
                              Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X