• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • seivad
    • Jul 2010
    • Sydney

Original PTO Winch

Any one interested in an original PTO mechanical winch? I obtained this from an 85 diesel imported "cut" and fitted it to an 87 diesel. Worked brilliantly, but when the vehicle was sold I removed it. New owner was not interested. I have all the bits except for the correct length studs which go into the transfer case. It would not fit my V6 petrol as the cog in the transfer case was different.
  • oyamum
    • Aug 2010
    • Ballan, vic

How much you after mate? As far as I no the box should be the same as my petrol swb so should fit also where u located?

Comment

• seivad
      • Jul 2010
      • Sydney

I am located in Sydney, which could be a problem for you. I would like $300 all up. Its a bit risky to assume it will fit the petrol, but if its an older 4 cylinder it just might. I had my NF long wheel base all set to go, re-locating the catalytic converter to avoid the PTO etc and found the PTO unit would not mesh with the cog in the transfer case. bummer!
      The winch need a modified panel under the grill which I also have.

Comment

• oyamum
        • Aug 2010
        • Ballan, vic

thanx for the reply mate but yeh i think you may be rite, mite have too pass just too much of a risk getting it sent down with out knowing 100% if she will fit.. thanx anyway mate

Comment

• peter92
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2009
          • maryborough queensland

hi it will only fit the model it came out of as i had a good look on the net about it
          the other models it wont mesh the cog so there is no pto that fits them
          i hope you sell it , and i hope this helps you
          regards peter
          used to be nl 1999 auto,3.5lt petrol.
          now 1994 80 series cruiser diesel wagon
          bull bar side steps, mags,dual batt system,2 waecos 35lt,40lt h/reese towbar,103amp agm batt, 500w inverter. narva spotties, uniden uh7700nb uhf 40 ch narrow band, 2.5kva inverter generator
          SKYPE NAME possum.58

Comment

• seivad
            • Jul 2010
            • Sydney

It is rather specific, but it fitted an 87 TD, though it came from an 85 Td, so there is a bit of lee way. Can you give me a lead to the net URL, I am interested in following up on what's there.

Comment

• nitram977
              • Mar 2008
              • Wollongong.NSW

PTO winch

Still got it?

Comment

• dhula
                Valued Member
                • Sep 2012
                • South of Perth

7 years later.... may not I reckon but you never know.
                2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.
                2006 KJ Cherokee, CRD+lazy shift. Ironman springs and OME shocks, MoPar skids.

Comment

• GHendo
                  Valued Member
                  • Mar 2012
                  • Northern NSW

Originally posted by nitram977 View Post
                  Still got it?
                  You'd be best to send him a PM mate - the stats say he is still active on the forum, so you never know your luck.

Geoff
                  03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• nitram977
                    • Mar 2008
                    • Wollongong.NSW

Its all good. Ive do actually have one which isn't installed yet. im more intrigued about whether anyone else has one. They are rare.

Comment

• NJV6
                      Valued Member
                      • Sep 2010
                      • New Zealand

I have got a couple. They were not as rare in nz as we got a lot of grey Japan import vehicles from the 80's.
                      1994 NJ SWB, 3.5 Manual, 285/75/16 Deegan 38s MT, 25mm body lift, Twin ARB air lockers, XD9000 winch, custom bar.
                      1991 NH LWB, 3.9 V8, trayback, solid front axle, Toyota hi mount winch
                      2011 NT GLX DiD, 3.2 Manual, 285/65/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, SPV EGR, Lovells SD rear, HD front, Bilsteins, Custom underbody protection, Safari Snorkel, JTig intercooler and loads of zip ties in the dash...

Comment

• nitram977
                        • Mar 2008
                        • Wollongong.NSW

Hi NJV6,

Can I pick your brains on the operation of the PTO?

Does the PTO only work when transfer is in neutral only?

Ive been told that you can use it both in neutral or whilst the gearbox is in gear.

Comment

• NJV6
                          Valued Member
                          • Sep 2010
                          • New Zealand

The PTO can be used with the transfer case in gear, yes. In fact it's normal too, there is too much pain on the winch (any winch in fact), if you are not assisting with the wheels turning.
                          1994 NJ SWB, 3.5 Manual, 285/75/16 Deegan 38s MT, 25mm body lift, Twin ARB air lockers, XD9000 winch, custom bar.
                          1991 NH LWB, 3.9 V8, trayback, solid front axle, Toyota hi mount winch
                          2011 NT GLX DiD, 3.2 Manual, 285/65/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, SPV EGR, Lovells SD rear, HD front, Bilsteins, Custom underbody protection, Safari Snorkel, JTig intercooler and loads of zip ties in the dash...

Comment

• Stormlander
                            • Dec 2020
                            • BiguaƧu, Santa Catarina, Brasil

Good morning, nice to talk to you. I'm from Brazil and I'm currently renovating my Pajero MK II. I noticed that in her traction box there is an opening for placing a PTO. I would like to know if you have any for sale, or even a complete winch kit. It would be a dream come true. I await your reply. Yours sincerely, Maximiliano Bif

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X