Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 1 Pajero

Generation 1 Pajero NA - NG Models 1983 - 1991

Old 5 Days Ago
Valued Member

Interesting feedback about the Gen 2 control arms. Not sure I could be bothered now...

Well apparently the bigger throttle body delivers more power (noticeable) but I have also heard that it results in greater fuel efficiency. Not sure how.

I am keen to do the swap in any case as I am getting sick of my Paj struggling to idle when it gets warm. When it first started to happen I had a bit of dirt in the throttle body, and it seems that although it gets a clean every 6 months, I still get erratic idling when its been sitting and idling for longer than a couple of minutes. Soooooooooo annoying.

Just need to find the right throttle body now (at the right price). Just make sure its a throttle body from a NL model (SOHC). The other models dont fit as well and require a lot of grinding apparently.
Old 19 Hours Ago
Valued Member

The biggest difference I have seen from Gen 1 to Gen 2 is -
a the Ball joints
b the actual arm is completely boxed in on the Gen 2 and likely to be a lot stronger.

Depending on how you use your wagon its debatable whether gen 2 arms are needed but if you are anything like me (and totally dumb when off road) then they are a good idea in my book
1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils (lovells waiting for them to sag) and 1990 Nissan Z32 300zx for on road shenanigans