• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rednbluedawgs
    • Sep 2017
    • Sunshine Coast

Centre diff light flashes

Hi all,
    Twice now the light has started flashing, once at a low highway speed ater changing lanes a little quickly after a caravaner got off the gas for no reason and the other below 60 k's but the same type situation. If I pull over and restart the engine it goes back to normal. Is this a known problem?
    Cheers for now, Rednbluedawgs.
  • erad
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2015
    • Cooma NSW

We are told to tow in 4WD, but when I tow my caravan that way, after a while the 4 green lights go out and the centre diff light comes on flashing(?). As above, if I stop the engine and restart, it goes away but comes back fairly soon again. End result - I tow in 2WD unless it is on a really long, steep hill. Mine is a manual transmission, but I think it is something to do with overheating the transfer case. Naturally, it doesn't show when I take it tot he dealers for service...

Comment

• Boo Boo
      • Aug 2012
      • Kilsyth

Very common problem.
      If you google flashing centre diff light on a Pajero you will get a lot of responses.
      My problem was the front diff actuator diaphragm was stuffed.
      I bought a second hand diff actuator from a wrecker two years ago and have not had a problem since.
      2008 NS DID, Smart bar and warn winch, Boos Bash plates, ex nsw police car, Safair snorkel and 2 inch OME lift.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X