• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jackjunior
    • Oct 2014
    • kadina s.a

hi need some info on wheels +hub centric

hi do wheels need to sit on hub centric ? I bought some 2015 triton wheels back fit front are 3/4 mm to big hit brake calliper so I am looking to buy 2 3/4 mm spacers where can I buy them in s.a ? if I go bigger the wheel nut wont have much trends maybe I did something stupid and despite not much money and living in the bush I us a grinder and took of 4 mm it work for 4 weeks did some heavy 4x4 now 1 caliper leaking so now need to buy 2 caliper and 3/4 mm spacers cheap some where in south Australia ....ns pajero 2008 ... cheers jack
  • old Jack
    Regular
    • Jun 2011
    • Adelaide, South Australia.

Fitting of wheel spacers on a Pajero is illegal in SA.
    If the rims are alloy then they need to be hub centric, this means the wheel in located on the centre hub bore and the weight of the vehicle is taken on the hubs and not the studs. Nuts must suit the wheels.
    Grinding brake calipers is also illegal and fraught with potential problems as you can see.

The question is what wheels were on your NS before?
    Size, width, diameter and offset?
    Steel or alloy.

What Triton wheels have you got?
    Size, width, diameter and offset?
    Steel or alloy?

OJ.
    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• jackjunior
      • Oct 2014
      • kadina s.a

thanks for the info old jack
      there triton j17x7 1/2j year 1/1/2015 factore aluminium wheels dark chrome got 12 beams I don't no the name of wheels and I just put new tires on them
      on pajero before on car j17x7 1/2j only different is 1 more j year 2007 factore aluminium cheers jack

Comment

• old Jack
        Regular
        • Jun 2011
        • Adelaide, South Australia.

On the inside of the alloy rim there will be a number cast into the wheel, the Pajero will have P46 and the Triton P38 or another P??, what are your numbers?
        Can you post photos of each of the rims?

OJ.
        2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
        MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• jackjunior
          • Oct 2014
          • kadina s.a

lots of numbers and stamps on inside of rime 38 my son told me there gls wheels? and I just put new Dunlop grandtrek at20 265/65r17 there were only on last owner car for 2 month I only know how to make photo's on Mobil not how to put them on this side sorry

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X