• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • caroma
    • May 2012
    • WA - Pilbara

Rola Titan Tray

Wondering if anyone has bought a Rola Titan Tray. I am looking into them as an option instead of the Rhino Pioneer tray. Mostly due to price.

They appear to be very similar.

Supercheap Auto is Australia's leading auto spares, parts and accessories retailer stocking a variety of car batteries, air filters, coolants and more online or in stores nationwide

The ultimate flat tray system, Titan Tray takes rooftop storage to the next level
    2008 NS Petrol Auto.
  • sharkcaver
    "2000"+ Valued Contributor
    • May 2009
    • Perth

I've been looking at them myself. They look good. Only issue I see, they only come 1200mm in width. That may/may not be an issue for you?
    But like Rhino, the accessories are expensive. I bought the max trax holders the other week, they are pretty good, but pricey.
    MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Kowalski
      • Sep 2015
      • Brisbane

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
      Only issue I see, they only come 1200mm in width. That may/may not be an issue for you?.
      I'm also considering one of these. Why would the width be an issue? Too narrow?
      2002 NM Exceed 3.2 - Bushskinz and a very long wishlist

Comment

• sharkcaver
        "2000"+ Valued Contributor
        • May 2009
        • Perth

Originally posted by Kowalski View Post
        I'm also considering one of these. Why would the width be an issue? Too narrow?
        It may not be too narrow but I would prefer the 1376mm of the pioneer tray myself, but this comes at an additional cost of $180 rrp. (rhino 1928 x 1376 V's titan 2000 x 1200).

Would be a good exercise to compare accessories. I just noticed the rhino max trax carriers are cheaper than the rola (unless you carry 4 trax, then you need an additional support plate). And I wouldn't mind betting all these accessories are interchangable, due to the nature of the mounting slots on both trays. But all those accessories are ridiculously priced.
        MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Kowalski
          • Sep 2015
          • Brisbane

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
          But all those accessories are ridiculously priced.
          You're too right there, it won't take long to have accessories that cost more that the platform.

I had a quick peek at the Rola accessories at the Supercheap store next door to my work, and to the untrained eye it looks like they'll fit on a Rhino platform no problem.

Comment

• Jimboy
            • May 2015
            • Mornington Peninsula, Vic.

Does the Titan tray come with roof racks included like the Pioneer does?

I do like the way the Titan has mounting channels along the front and rear sections for a bit more flexibility to mount things.

I went with the Pioneer and it came with low profile, vehicle specific, leg mounts and racks. Have been shopping on
            ebay for accessories. Helps a bit with price but phew! Was thinking of getting the Supercentre 42' bar which is $75 atm.
            The flipping Rhino LED bar mount kit is $70!!!

I did get my Rhino when on 25% mark down at @utobarn, which they periodically do.

Cheers,
            Jim.
            4WD Neophyte In a 2013 Pajero NW GLX; taking me places to appreciate the nature of Oz- https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimonearth/

Comment

• Kowalski
              • Sep 2015
              • Brisbane

Originally posted by Jimboy View Post
              Does the Titan tray come with roof racks included like the Pioneer does?
              It doesn't come with roof racks, it bolts onto existing roof racks.
              Also from the website it doesn't look like there is a kit available to fit it to tracks if you got them.

So unlike the Pioneer you probably won't be able to get a nice low profile, if that is what you are after.

Comment

• caroma
                • May 2012
                • WA - Pilbara

Hrmmm I didn't think about the bars. I do already have the Thule HD bars from factory. Definitely wouldn't be low profile sitting on them. Doesn't concern me too much though.
                2008 NS Petrol Auto.

Comment

• Jimboy
                  • May 2015
                  • Mornington Peninsula, Vic.

Originally posted by caroma View Post
                  Hrmmm I didn't think about the bars. I do already have the Thule HD bars from factory. Definitely wouldn't be low profile sitting on them. Doesn't concern me too much though.
                  Yeah its not always a consideration. I'm in metro Melbourne so wanted to still be able to get into shopping centre car parks.

The other factor to my question was overall cost Platform + Racks. Supercheap has sale on today

Cheers,
                  Jim.
                  4WD Neophyte In a 2013 Pajero NW GLX; taking me places to appreciate the nature of Oz- https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimonearth/

Comment

• Spoonman
                    • Nov 2015
                    • Canberra

The Rhino platform also sits on bars, they're just lower profile than stand-alone roof bars. I'd say the difference in profile wouldn't be much, maybe 50mm at the most.

I'm leaning towards the Titan tray because the accessories for it are a little more generic. I like the adjustable jerry can holder and the recovery boards holder is universal, not specific to maxtraxs like the Rhino.
                    SOLD - 2012 PB Challenger LS Manual|BFG KO2 245/70/17|Opposite Lock Premium Bullbar|Kings Domin8r X Winch|HID Driving Lights|Ultimate Suspension Lift|Safari Snorkel|Bushskinz Intercooler and Sump Guard|Mitsubishi Towbar|Extended Diff Breathers|GME UHF|SPV EGR Mod|Provent Catch Can|Drifta Drawers

Comment

• caroma
                      • May 2012
                      • WA - Pilbara

So I ordered one from Supercheap online. They sent the wrong one. Sigh. Take 2.
                      2008 NS Petrol Auto.

Comment

• Ian H
                        Valued Member
                        • May 2015
                        • Melbourne

I'm looking at options for a roof tray and have limited clearance in to the garage due to a sloping driveway. I've checked out the Front Runner trays at Opposite Lock but they want to fit a tray by removing the rails, which I'd like to avoid if possible.

I could get away with a set of low profile bars and then the tray but when searching around for a tray which fits directly to the rails I found this one:

It may not be the right size and others are available but is fitting one to the factory rails a good idea or is there an issue I'm not aware of ? It won't be taking a huge amount of weight, maybe one spare wheel and some recovery Trax.
                        2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X