• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ticky
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2015
    • Adelaide

Very happy with how this turned out

In itself, this bracket is pretty straight forward, simply to mount my Light Bar and UFH Antenna onto the Nudge Bar.

It took me hours to polish it but I am very happy with how it turned out.

Steve

jpg images
    2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel
  • Restega
    • Feb 2008
    • Adelaide Hills

Originally posted by ticky View Post
    In itself, this bracket is pretty straight forward, simply to mount my Light Bar and UFH Antenna onto the Nudge Bar.

Steve

jpg images
    Ticky,

That looks pretty smick. May I ask where you purchased the bracket from?

I have same nudge bar with spots already on but I was also wondering about UHF mount but that bracket solves my dilemma. Done a good job of polishing too!

Cheers
    Steve
    MY14 NW GLX-R PAJERO

Comment

• ticky
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2015
      • Adelaide

Originally posted by Restega View Post
      Ticky,

That looks pretty smick. May I ask where you purchased the bracket from?

I have same nudge bar with spots already on but I was also wondering about UHF mount but that bracket solves my dilemma. Done a good job of polishing too!

Cheers
      Steve
      Hey Steve.

I made the Bracket. It's just a piece of 60 x 10 Aluminium Flat Bar. I marked it out, Drilled the holes & started polishing.

Making the bracket up was the easy bit but the polishing took a fair bit of work as it is polished all round, not just on top.

Steve
      2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Comment

• ticky
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2015
        • Adelaide

All mounted up now.

I also installed the Antenna Mount and ran the Coax while I had the Grill out.

I havent tried the Light Bar yet, I still have to hook the Harness up to the Battery and replace the Fuse that I removed when I was installing it. As I still havent hooked it to the battery, it was a bit of over kill but I must of thought about hooking it up at the time.

I have the supplied switch hooked up, but I have ordered a Pajero switch from AOB. Should be here next week.

Steve
        Attached Files

Comment

• Bru9
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2014
          • Victoria

All mounted up now.

I also installed the Antenna Mount and ran the Coax while I had the Grill out.

I havent tried the Light Bar yet, I still have to hook the Harness up to the Battery and replace the Fuse that I removed when I was installing it. As I still havent hooked it to the battery, it was a bit of over kill but I must of thought about hooking it up at the time.

I have the supplied switch hooked up, but I have ordered a Pajero switch from AOB. Should be here next week.

Steve
          Hi, do you think it will be rigid enough like a bullbar to avoid any irritation with the light from vibrations?

thanks
          2000 NM Exceed Auto V6 3.5

Comment

• ticky
            Valued Member
            • Jan 2015
            • Adelaide

Originally posted by Bru9 View Post
            Hi, do you think it will be rigid enough like a bullbar to avoid any irritation with the light from vibrations?

thanks
            I have it all hooked up now & OMG!!! What a difference.

The Nuge bar is mounted to 4 Anchor points, admittedly, the top two are pretty thin, but the bottom 2 are rock solid. The bar itself also feels rock solid. The 60x10 is bolted to the Nudge Bar with 2 10mm SS Bolts & the Light Bar has Rubber Pads under the feet.

I have only driven in the Metro Area but there is no indication of light vibrations at this stage.

Steve

Last edited by ticky; 20-10-16, 09:26 PM.

Comment

• C.C
              • Jul 2013
              • Perth Aus

Hi Steve.

Where did you get yor lightbar switch from?

Regards, Craig
              2011 NT Exceed DiD Pearl White, Parkside TUFBar Bullbar, 4 x 7 Inch LED Spotties, LED Lightbar, Oricom UHF, MUNGI EGR Mod, Cooper Discoverer A/T3's, Spare wheel lift, LED interior lights, Ocam 4x4 Full alloy rack, Factory towbar, Kings 2.5m awning, Redarc Smartstart Dual Batteries, Ironman 2" Lift

Comment

• Dicko1
                Valued Member
                • Dec 2014
                • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by C.C View Post
                Hi Steve.

Where did you get yor lightbar switch from?

Regards, Craig

Good job!
                Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• gringo
                  • Jun 2009
                  • Harrington Park (Sydney)

How hard was to instal the switch did you dismantle the whole dash?

Comment

• vladguan
                    Valued Member
                    • Mar 2015
                    • Adelaide

Originally posted by gringo View Post
                    How hard was to instal the switch did you dismantle the whole dash?
                    Not very hard in that location. Just lower the lower steering wheel shroud and reach in from behind to pull out the blank (rearwards) and then insert the switch from the rear. Air On Board sells the Pajero Factory look switches and you can ask for custom labels and symbols and LED colours to match the other switches. Note that the red will be brighter than that in the NX Pajero which is more like salmon pink.
                    Please call me Vlad.
                    -----------------------
                    MY15 NX GLS - SPV EGR; Donaldson filter; Front sensors; Compass; DEI506T and DEI507M; LED interior and exterior lights; Blue LED step lights; 3T tow bar; 20% front & clear tint over privacy windows; Chrome handle protectors; 3x Bushskinz guards; Nudge bar; Hella Sharptones; Dual alarm horns; STEDI lightbar; TC mod loom; Paddles; ProVent 200; Dobinsons springs and MRR shocks; Bonnet struts; OCAM awning; Rear work light; Air compressor. TBD - UHF.

Comment

• ticky
                      Valued Member
                      • Jan 2015
                      • Adelaide

As Vlad said, Air On Board, just google them. I think it was about $25, I went with the blue, but to be honest, I cant see it from the driving position anyway.

Very simple install, I dropped that panel and the switch just pushes in from the back.

Steve

Comment

• m_and_m
                        Valued Member
                        • Mar 2010
                        • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

Nice work ticky!
                        2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
                        2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
                        Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• ticky
                          Valued Member
                          • Jan 2015
                          • Adelaide

Thanks Mate

Comment

• marco888
                            • Jun 2016
                            • nsw

Steve

jpg images
                            haha, I got the same work done, mine just from Bunnings , I bought a Aluminium L shape and cut it , originally I just want my two spotties a bit wider, nudge bar gave a bit narrow , looks like cross eye, and I reserved a bit more for the aerial .
                            MY16 GLS PAJERO-NON-DPF-MODEL

Safari snorkel, Nudge bar, Narva driving lights, SPVi unit, TP XP 3'' exhaust, P200 catch can, KN filter, OME 2'' lift, Rola roof racks, 2*2.5 awning,UNIDEN UFH9000, BOOS BASH PLATE 3 set,17'' factory Alloy, wrapped with OPATII,

Enjoy driving Enjoy touring Enjoy your life...

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X