Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger/ Pajero Sport > Pajero Sport

Pajero Sport The Pajero Sport new to Oz

Old 08-05-16

Default Removing the Intro Screen Message

G'day all.

I thought I read in the Owner's Manual or Manual on the Display that you could get a Mitsy dealer to remove that infernal introduction screen message that you have to agree to every time you start the vehicle.

I had our PS in for its 1500 service a couple of days ago and they advised that it cannot be removed - we are stuck with it.

Does anyone know if that is right, or can it be removed? If so, how?

Loving the vehicle!!

Cheers,
glids
Old 08-05-16
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glids37 View Post
G'day all.

I thought I read in the Owner's Manual or Manual on the Display that you could get a Mitsy dealer to remove that infernal introduction screen message that you have to agree to every time you start the vehicle.

I had our PS in for its 1500 service a couple of days ago and they advised that it cannot be removed - we are stuck with it.

Does anyone know if that is right, or can it be removed? If so, how?

Loving the vehicle!!

Cheers,
glids
Sorry Mate, but you're stuck with it unfortunately. No known way to remove it at this point in time.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | UFI Remap |
Old 08-05-16
Administrator

Inquired about it this week as well and we are stuck with it at this stage.
Still got to explore other options yet.
Dave
Old 08-05-16

Yeah it's super annoying, there has to be a way
Old 09-05-16

The intro screen is a little annoying although you do get used to just hitting 'Agree' before you set off. This type of thing is symptomatic of an increasingly litigious society. Disclaimers everywhere.
Old 10-05-16

I had to do a lot of stops today. Eventually decided to stop 'agreeing' to the introduction message. At least ignoring this introduction message doesn't actually affect the ability to drive the car. So instead of getting used to 'agreeing' when I start the car, I am going to get used to 'ignoring'. Radio/stored music keeps playing as well, regardless of agreeing or not.
Old 10-05-16

I am sure there must be more annoying things in the world to worry about than a nag screen...after all it takes less than a second to get rid of it...1st world problem...
Old 10-05-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulN View Post
I had to do a lot of stops today. Eventually decided to stop 'agreeing' to the introduction message. At least ignoring this introduction message doesn't actually affect the ability to drive the car. So instead of getting used to 'agreeing' when I start the car, I am going to get used to 'ignoring'. Radio/stored music keeps playing as well, regardless of agreeing or not.

The world went mad a number of years ago when a grossly overweight woman in the USA bought a coffee through a MacDonalds drive through. Couple of miles down the road she spilt it and burnt her legs. She was awarded millions of dollars. That's why if you look closely on the lid of all take away coffee it says "caution, contents hot."

Personal responsibility doesn't exist any more. It's always someone else's fault. The warnings on the most innocuous products these days are are crazy.
Old 10-05-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
I am sure there must be more annoying things in the world to worry about than a nag screen...after all it takes less than a second to get rid of it...1st world problem...
I may be missing something, but with only a few exceptions, these forums seem to pretty much only discuss 1st world problems.
Old 12-05-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulN View Post
Tried that but couldn't find the 'Ignore' button so went back to 'Agree'