• Apr 2024

Worst Service Ever!

Sorted
    Cheers
    Last edited by Guest; 15-06-20, 11:29 PM. Reason: Privacy
  • powerslave
    • Aug 2010
    • Brisbane

Any hint as to which dealership on the south side of Brisbane?
    2009 NT DiD GLX AUTO , Safety pack & MM RDL WITH TC OVERRIDE, ultimate suspension 2in lift, Maxxis Bighorns, Full Bushskinz body armour, Engine Guardian EG3, ICOM ICF2010 high power UHF, Jonny Tig Intercooler

Comment

• dolphin
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2008

thats not good. you need to have the vehicle checked out by a qualified mechanic and have him list what was not done on this service , this list will be proof for you when you then contact the Dept of Fair Trading.
      advise the dealership / workshop where you went that you will have written proof of what was and what was not done for this 135 k service and where you intend to go from there if ; they don,t do the right thing and re emburse you for what has occured . find out about the $400 odd oil bill aswell , thats a classic
      NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

• psproule
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2007
        • Googong, NSW

I saw an add today for a service advisor position at the local Ford dealership. Award rates plus commission. Hmmmmmmm.
        2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
        2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

• Dazza.
          Valued Member
          • Aug 2009
          • Northern Territory

I've recently had a very average MM service too - have a look in the bitches and gripes section.

$1,300 for a service? $400 for oil? $70 for a bulb change?

Sounds like you've been fully bent over mate. Fight hard and let us know how you go.
          COOL SILVER MY10 NT DID GLS MANUAL PAJERO - Colour Coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar - Warn X9 Winch - 60L Auxiliary Tank - Towbar - HID Lightforce Spotlights - DIY dual battery system - TX3440 UHF - Lovells/Bilstien suspension - BushSkinz bash plates - Driver with a passion to explore Australia

Comment

• MSF
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2009
            • Sydney, Northern Beaches

Get onto the RACQ as soon as possible and see if they can help you.

As for the prices - they are definitely excessive - hopefully the RACQ can help you in that regards.

Comment

• GHendo
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2012
              • Northern NSW

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING !!!

$404 for oil - is that just engine oil or did they replace transmission, transfer and diffs etc. $400 for crankcase oil is just stupid - I could buy 4 x 20lt drums for that.

Bloody hell mate, you want to follow this one up and stick it right up 'em.

Geoff
              03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• Snapcatcher
                Valued Member
                • Feb 2009
                • Brisbane

I agree with the others. Poor service and unexplained excessive costs. If they have charged you for items that have not been done, that is very serious.

One thing I can suggest, is don't publicly name and shame the dealership until after the issue is resolved. If you are not satisfied with the service managers attempt to remedy the situation make a call to fair trading.
                Silver NM Pajero 3.5L Auto. ARB bullbar, Opposite Lock Rear bar, Front Lokka, Uniden UHF, Bilstein shocks, Lovells HD coils, TJM OX 9500lb Winch, Snorkel, 33" BFG KM2's on 16x8 Advanti Rims, Custom bash plate, Cargo Barrier, Lightforce 170s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Ironman Awning, Duel battery system.

Comment

• xdoclet
                  • Feb 2013
                  • Brisbane

Originally posted by hhaannkkyy View Post
                  So I guess for anyone that can be bothered reading my Internet rant, do you think I have a rats chance in hell of a refund? I assume Consumer Affairs and social media might be interested in my complaints if they don't help. I plan to speak to the Service Manager Monday Morning

I would first talk to the service manager before escalate this issue. It's always good to give them a second chance to rectify their mistakes, although the service they've offered was highly unacceptable and unprofessional.

Social media ? *YES*. That's what it's all about. You're not only making a complain on the web but creating a great awareness among the community to prevent them from falling into the same bad service.

MMAL are on FB and Twitter. I have noted them very responsive on such issues on the FB.

Although this story is not related, I would like to share this with you to show how powerful the social media are.

Once, I've had a bad service from one of the leading laptop manufacturers on a higher end laptop. I've had NBD support but provided a crappy service.

I tried to solve the issue with them but they were not helpful but so ignorant. After a few months, I wrote a blog on this and posted the link to my blog post on twitter. Within hours "they" got back to me on twitter and scheduled a service although the warranty had expired at that point. The laptop got serviced with a brand new motherboard+processor +++. :-)

I hear your frustration, but if you present your problem with a lowered tone on the social media, you'd surely have a better resolution to this.

xd
                  Pajero Active 2012, GME 3520, BFG ATRs ++

Comment

• JoshF
                    Valued Member
                    • Jan 2008
                    • Brisbane

Ron @ Motorcare in Albion/Bowen Hills would be my answer
                    NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
                    Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Comment

• Nik
                      Valued Member
                      • Sep 2010
                      • Perth

Originally posted by Snapcatcher View Post
                      One thing I can suggest, is don't publicly name and shame the dealership until after the issue is resolved.
                      This is good advice, it could make it much harder to get a resolution if they see their name being splashed around. However once you've got your outcome they definitely deserve to be named for outright ripping you off and not even doing the work.
                      2005 NP Platinum 3.2 DID Auto, Lovells HD springs, Bilstein shocks, Firestone Airbags, ARB bar, Warn XD 9000 winch, IPF 900 Xtreme Sport lights, Bushskinz intercooler & sump guards, Outback Accessories rock sliders, GME 3200 UHF, CTEK Dc to Dc Dual Battery system, 265/75/16 General Grabber AT2 tyres, Torque Converter lock-up kit, Safari snorkel, Taipan high performance exhaust, LRA 66lt long range fuel tank.

Comment

• Stevie-Ray
                        Valued Member
                        • Jun 2009
                        • Peakhurst, Sydney

Originally posted by xdoclet View Post
                        I would first talk to the service manager before escalate this issue. It's always good to give them a second chance to rectify their mistakes, although the service they've offered was highly unacceptable and unprofessional.

Social media ? *YES*. That's what it's all about. You're not only making a complain on the web but creating a great awareness among the community to prevent them from falling into the same bad service.

MMAL are on FB and Twitter. I have noted them very responsive on such issues on the FB.

Although this story is not related, I would like to share this with you to show how powerful the social media are.

Once, I've had a bad service from one of the leading laptop manufacturers on a higher end laptop. I've had NBD support but provided a crappy service.

I tried to solve the issue with them but they were not helpful but so ignorant. After a few months, I wrote a blog on this and posted the link to my blog post on twitter. Within hours "they" got back to me on twitter and scheduled a service although the warranty had expired at that point. The laptop got serviced with a brand new motherboard+processor +++. :-)

I hear your frustration, but if you present your problem with a lowered tone on the social media, you'd surely have a better resolution to this.

xd
                        Agree that you'll achieve more by explaining your issue clearly without being aggressive or vitriolic. Not sure who originally said "speak softly & carry a big stick", but nowadays FaceBook/Twitter can be that 'big stick' that applies enough leverage to produce a +ve response.
                        Steve

Runner-Paj; '95 NJ SWB 2.5L TD GL J-Top, low kms Project-Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, also low kms. Donor Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, with some parts & goodies to go onto other GLS.
                        "I try to take life one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me all at once!"

Comment

• d.i.wirtz
                          • Oct 2012
                          • Brisbane QLD

Poor service seems to be the go

I have had a similar experience and a friend of mine only a few days ago had the same issue with a Southside Dealer in Brisbane. I don't know if there is a simple solution to this problem as it is not only this dealer. There are many and I wonder if a well informed nation of owners would provide enough peer pressure for MM and there respective dealers.
                          Maybe a NAME & SHAME system could work based on a set number of complaints. For example if 10 members on this forum were to complain about one dealership then they could be named and a such be given a ranking in regards to service, honesty and value for money?
                          I don't know what other think of this but in my opinion it would have to encourage them to get of their behind and do what they are getting paid for.
                          Maybe
                          2015 Landcruiser VDJ79R Dual Cab

Comment

• Dude
                            • Sep 2011
                            • Victoria Point

Regarding the removal of the bottom radiator hose as evidence of coolant change.

I had my 380 serviced at a dealer and asked about how they change the coolant. As a test, I asked the leading question - what do you seal the drain plugs with (according to the MMA service manual, the drain plugs on the block have to be removed).

The service manager told me they don't that anymore at the dealership as they have a machine that connects to the cooling system (not sure where or how) and it flushes the system.

Could it be that the old way of a coolant change by removing the bottom hose is now redundant. The bottom hose on my v6 paj went straight to the top of the motor so really only drained the radiator (which has a convenient tap for this purpose).

dude.

Comment

• Dusco
                              • Nov 2012
                              • Bairnsdale 3875

Nothing more stomach churning than this sort of thing. Next service for mine is the 135kms at 123kms now. For $1300 I am thinking of taking a week off work and slowly doing all the oils etc myself. I hope they washed and polished your pajero well.
                              04 GLS NP 3.2 AUTO Diesel, Safari Snorkel, Dual Battery, 81L Aux Tank, UHF Roof Console, Alloy Bull Bar, Lovell 36mm Nitro Gas Shocks, Lovell HD 50mm Lift, Rear Poly Air Bags, 265/75/16 Falken Wildpeaks, 65L Waeco CFX Fridge/Freezer, Kings Rooftop Tent.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X