Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Product reviews and New releases

Product reviews and New releases Review of commercial products and latest accessories

Old 15-09-15
"2000"+ Valued Contributor

Send a message via MSN to sharkcaver Send a message via Skype™ to sharkcaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritterbug View Post
I thought the main change was supposed to be an overheated can ejection system that actually worked.
The supposed problem was that the safety shut off valve did not shut off when the gas pressure got to 90PSI. The cans will increase to this pressure (and greater) when they get hot. They rupture at about 115PSI IIRC.

The reason the cans get hot is from misuse, but the underlying problem supposedly was that the shut off valve did not shut off at the critical pressure before the can ruptured with the disasterous result that entails.

So I would guess the shut off valve in these (and no doubt all the susequent ones to come back to market), will have the shut off valve redesigned to incorporate operator misuse and actually prevent the can from rupturing.

MY16 NX GLX5, Dobinson's HD springs + MRR shocks + Firestone airbags, 17" Toyo Opats, XXX bar, Dominator winch + IB500 relay, Full Bushskinz kit, Rhino track mount, 7" led spots, 23" light bar, SPV block, Ultragauge, Donaldson secondary filter, LRA 81L aux, 105AGM in rear + Projecta IDC25, 2 tier rear shelf + slide, ARB on board compressor, 2.5 x 3.0 awning

NX build

My Journeys
Old 15-09-15
Valued Member

Decisions, decisions decisions...how do we look after the mentally challenged?
Old 30-10-15
Valued Member

I got an email today from Sitro group the suppliers of Gasmate in regards to the twin burner i returned under the recall, their is a delay with the twin burners so they are sending a free single burner and will send the twin burner when they finally come in.
Old 15-04-18

Hi Pickle,
I very much appreciate the experiments you have carried out. My previous experience with portable gas stoves has been with GAZ canisters. One of these canisters will boil 2 litres of water for well over 1.5 hours. As they were not to be carried on board aircraft I used to empty them then fill (partially) with water before disposal into general garbage. Refer Hilton bombing theory.
Now what I would like to know is how safe is it to dispose of the butane canisters, that you have tested, into general garbage. And how do you carry the unused/partially used canisters, inside the Paj, outside or in a trailer?.
Old 15-04-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushbike View Post
Hi Pickle,
I very much appreciate the experiments you have carried out. My previous experience with portable gas stoves has been with GAZ canisters. One of these canisters will boil 2 litres of water for well over 1.5 hours. As they were not to be carried on board aircraft I used to empty them then fill (partially) with water before disposal into general garbage. Refer Hilton bombing theory.
Now what I would like to know is how safe is it to dispose of the butane canisters, that you have tested, into general garbage. And how do you carry the unused/partially used canisters, inside the Paj, outside or in a trailer?.
I carry 8 cxanisters inside a black plastic battery storage box (as you,d buy from bcf or supercheep. Put thin spong rubber around and just leave in a box in the trailer. No problems. When they are empty I turn them upside down...press the nozzle in and this allows any remaing gas to disperse. Then chuck in the bin.
Old 15-04-18
Administrator

Mine are carried in a used washing powder bucket that can hold about 5 . Have them wrapped in odd socks found in the socks draw. Discard as per any other pressurised vessel (ie fly spray /deodorant.) in the bin . Not a danger if the have no gas/ propellant left inside.
Dave
Old 15-04-18
Resident

I carry mine in a crate inside the car, with the original caps on. When they get towards the end, I run them in a burner until they're empty (at home) and throw them in the bin.

I have also shot some with a rifle, and the results were disappointingly underwhelming.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....
Old 15-04-18

Carry all of mine in the rear draws, I slide each can into two rubber beer can cooler, one from the top and one from the bottom. The cartridge fits perfectly, keeps them cool, no rattleing sound and you can drop then without damage.
Just remove and use.
2002 NM 3.5L V6 Auto GLS, Cooper Discovery AT3, 2" Bilsen King lift, Orion VHF/UHF radios,LED Spot light, Rear drawers, Waeco CFX 50 and slide, 120 amp dual batteries, 2.5x2.5 awning with side shades.
Old 18-04-18

Hi,
Thanks for your replies. Will check for old socks or similar. By the way an old cotton sock makes a good cleaning mitt. Or just to keep your hands clean when changing a tyre on the way to a party, wedding etc. Keep a pair near your tool kit. I used them when cycling, for lifting the chain back onto the sprockets and to clean and oil the frame, wheel rims and hubs, a very versatile accessory.