• Show
Clear All
  • Ian Sharpe
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2000
    • Tasmania

New Pajero?

Very interesting article.

No mention of diesel motor though. Also hybrid concept is good BUT 36k range, my track is almost that long, bit of a token greenie vote catching exercise, IMO.

Supercharged 3.ol v6 , now that's talking! Doesn't mean it will make it to production though, also the shape has gone completely SUV style it seems, Oh well , at least NTs & the like might maintain some value now & the last of the old breed. Seems to be the way of the future , I suspect.

What do you guys reckon?
    NS shorty 3.8l petrol with winch, front/rear E-lockers
    NT shorty 3.2l tdi, pretty stock with rear locker
  • Muzza
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Nsw

I reckon a replacement vehicle for
    Outlander, I still think, hope mitsu will have a real 4wd, I want to replace mine NP in 2 to 3 years time, might end up with NW and 1/2 , I start a rumour on the new NX
    Muz
    Muzza
    2014 NW VRX , Alloy ECB bar, Poly air bags, EGR fixed. EDS scan gauge, lockup mate.
    2003 NP DID GLS retired and gone to a good home
    2007 21' Lotus spirit caravan

LH Torana

Comment

• David Anderson
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2007
      • Albury

Does the typical Pajero buyer really strive for a Cayenne ?

Mitsubishi have struck a real good balance between on and off road with the Pajero while Porsche are really good at getting an extra 30 G's out of unsuspecting VW buyers..
      Is it the same market ?
      09 NT GL manual.

www.twigwater.com - My fly fishing blog.

http://www.dsaphoto.com

Comment

• nj swb
        Resident
        • Jun 2007
        • Adelaide

The article is talking about Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles - Outlander, Panamera, a speculated Cayenne and this new Mitsubishi. These vehicles have a traditional internal combustion engine, one or more electric motors, on-board batteries, and the ability to plug-in to re-charge.

The 36km range is the "electric only" range of the Panamera, when it is running only on batteries. I couldn't see a reference to how far it could drive with a full tank for the supercharged 3 litre V6.

The Outlander PHEV has a combined touring range of 900km, with its 2.4 litre engine. That's not bad.

I'm not concerned about the drivetrain or range. I'm concerned about the suspension design, and whether it will be a serious off-roader, or a bigger soft-roader.
        NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Jondalar
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2011
          • Brisbane

May not be "our" Pajero, the Challenger is called a Pajero Sport in some markets.

Cheers,
          Karl
          Pajero gone, driving something European and sexy now

Comment

• M@S@
            • Sep 2007

Here's a few good articles about the subject.

And he says:
            “Off-road ability is absolutely necessary. But so is luxury atmosphere, so it will also be added."
            So, I don't believe it will be any more soft that the current model, Outlander is their true softroader. Most likely they are making a more hi-tech vehicle, in the fashion of Land Rover Discovery/Range Rover and Jeep Grand Cherokee. Which both have been only adding off road toy's lately, like air suspension, or Range Rovers 90 cm fording depth. And Range Rover is also available as a hybrid.

Mitsubishi has said before, that they will offer a hybrid or electric version of all their vehicles in the future. But most likely it will be like with the current outlander, as a top of the range version for begin.

This article says the pajero is coming in 2015:

The challenger arrives a year later, which is why it is more likely that this "full size SUV" concept car would not be a challenger.
            Last edited by M@S@; 31-10-13, 10:41 AM.

Comment

• Pickle
              Administrator
              • Jun 2007
              • All over Oz

Certainly interesting times ahead for Mitsu and the new Pajero. Really looking forward to the new model and I reckon it will be packed with a lot of new innovations.
              Couple of months ago I took one of the engineers from Mitsu Japan (on a flying visit) out on the tracks for a day. We looked at a few things that can be improved for the new model. A pretty switched on fellow so hopefully he took a few things on board and we will see some improvements in the newer model.
              Dave
              NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
              Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Yclept
                Valued Member
                • Jan 2013
                • Sydney

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
                We looked at a few things that can be improved for the new model. A pretty switched on fellow so hopefully he took a few things on board and we will see some improvements in the newer model.
                Dave
                Hopefully MMCS was one of those things...

Cheers, Brett

2013 NW Pajero VRX - White - 3000kg Tow Kit - Sports Mesh Grille - Bonnet & Light Protectors/Weathershields - Thule Wingbar - Tyre Snake - Couplertec Electronic Rustproofing - Maxtrax Mk1 - Piranha Aux Battery Tray - Redarc 1240 Charger - ARB 47 Litre Fridge - MSA Fridge Drop Slide - Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier - ORS Drawers - ARB Deluxe Bullbar - GME TX3540 UHF & AE4703 Antenna - ARB Intensity Lights - ARB Onboard Compressor - Bilstein/Dobinsons Susp - Bushskinz x 4

Comment

• RJOther
                  • Apr 2009
                  • Vermont South, Vic

Pickle,

I hope you told them to include a wider range of tyre sizes as being standard.

At the moment we can only legally fit two tyre sizes: 265/60 18 and 265/65 17. You can't get a decent mud tyre in these sizes.

Ross.
                  2009 NT DiD Exceed, ARB Deluxe Bar, Lightforce Genesis HIDs, iCom IC-400pro, Milford Cargo Barrier, TJM Battery Tray & DBS, ARB Fridge,
                  P3 Brake Controller, D697 LT265/60R18, Lovells HD 50mm lift, Bilsteins.

Comment

• cooperplace
                    Valued Member
                    • Oct 2010
                    • adelaide

and I hope you mentioned a split rear door with an off-center spare so it doesn't need to be lifted!

Comment

• NFT5
                      Valued Member
                      • Apr 2011
                      • Canberra

Originally posted by cooperplace View Post
                      and I hope you mentioned a split rear door with an off-center spare so it doesn't need to be lifted!
                      How does moving the spare off centre mean that you don't have to lift it?
                      Chris

Comment

• Bigbaddave12
                        • Jul 2012
                        • South East S.A.

Originally posted by NFT5 View Post
                        How does moving the spare off centre mean that you don't have to lift it?
                        So you can open the back door when towing a trailer/caravan with brakes etc on the draw bar.
                        One large back door is nice but the spare Tyre does hang a bit low.
                        bigbaddave12.
                        NW MY12 Platinum Pajero, ARB Bullbar, Greatwhites 18 Led Light Bar, Sandgrabba Mats, Wetseat Covers, Full EGR Block, Airtec Snorkel, Plus more when the money tree grows it's leaves back!

Comment

• Phil
                          Valued Member
                          • Aug 2008
                          • Sydney

I said this years ago on this forum some where,

Quote,

Only in its third iteration since the series commenced in 1982, the current-generation model that surfaced in Australia in May 2000 as the NM-series brought unique semi-monocoque body construction for improved space utilisation and on-road dynamics.

End quote.

So a NEW Pajero better be NEW.
                          MY05 NP DiD Auto Platinum. Custom scratches. ARB bar & 12000lbs winch. Maxxis Bighorns. BushSkinz Bash plates & slidders. TJM auto guard. Gear box, trans & diff breathers. Rhino racks & Pod. Awning with LED. Dual batteries. HID Narva 225's. Airtec snorkel. 2" Lovell/Bilstein lift. GME TX3500. Wetseat covers. Pioneer BT deck. Cargo barrier. Beaudesert exhaust. Rear storage & CF80. ARB onboard air. NS 18s for the black top, 80L LRA tank. HPD Catch Can. HPD Intercooler.

Comment

• Stevie-Ray
                            Valued Member
                            • Jun 2009
                            • Peakhurst, Sydney

Couldn't help thinking of that MM concept design image when I saw this article on Suzuki's concept vehicles;

Steve

Runner-Paj; '95 NJ SWB 2.5L TD GL J-Top, low kms Project-Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, also low kms. Donor Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, with some parts & goodies to go onto other GLS.
                            "I try to take life one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me all at once!"

Comment

• NFT5
                              Valued Member
                              • Apr 2011
                              • Canberra

Originally posted by Bigbaddave12 View Post
                              So you can open the back door when towing a trailer/caravan with brakes etc on the draw bar.
                              One large back door is nice but the spare Tyre does hang a bit low.
                              Gotcha, thanks. I thought you were talking about lifting it to mount on the carrier. Misunderstood, my bad.
                              Chris

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X