• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kirradog
    • Jan 2012
    • Brisbane

How many Kms is too many??

HI guys, Hope you can help. I am wanting to by Pajero and have recently seen a 2007 Pajero NS VR-X 4 cylinder Diesel Intercooled Turbo with 201000 kms on the clock priced at $29900.00 would you say this is to many kms for a Diesel? The car its self looks in good condition.
  • Catchin Jack
    Valued Member
    • Feb 2012
    • Central Coast NSW

200,000km for a diesel is nothing really as long as it's been looked after, if it were a petrol engine i'd be thinking twice about it.

Comment

• Gus
      Administrator
      • Mar 2008
      • Traralgon. Vic

Have a look HERE 200,000 ks is nothing if it's looked after as CJ says..

Gus.
      VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
      NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• PAJ30
        • Oct 2011
        • Townsville

I would be asking question, the @ Km rate is 20000 a year (normal driving) so really you should be looking at 120000 plus but at that price it looks as though it has been priced appropriate. Like Catchin Jack has said diesel 200000 is nothing really as long as it has had clean air, clean fuel and clean oil.
        NS Cool Silver 25th Anniversary Edition with family pack. ARB Sahara bar with winch, dual batts, 2inch lift and 275/65R18's BFG Race pipe and HPD can and rear diff lock.

Comment

• kirradog
          • Jan 2012
          • Brisbane

I have been told that it was owned by a company and as a result traveled interstate hence the high kms. However the service book is only been stamped up to 140000 kms. In addition what should i be looking for in this car to see if has been well maintained? Comments Please...

Comment

• GlennR
            • May 2010
            • Brisbane

Hi There,
            Mines for sale, although its a petrol and bit more expensive, it's less than half the km's, full service and an Exceed, great condition etc etc.. Sorry about the plug!! Good luck with the diesel!
            NS Exceed - Gunmetal, Aftermarket Chrome handles, mirrors and headlamp surrounds. Bumper Protector, Cargo Barrier, Tow Bar.

Comment

• ajmartin450
              • Aug 2010
              • Forest Hill Melbourne Vic

how many k's

I bought my NS Exceed 3.2 135000 now 160000k service every 7500k
              no prob's using penrite enviro+DL1 only had it 3mths my old Zl fairlane
              has just turned 530000k am still driving between trips so the NS should
              double its k's easy

Comment

• jawk
                Valued Member
                • Feb 2009
                • Australia

one of the local security blokes drives an NS DiD Auto - has way over 300,000km on it now. Has been to the dealer x 2 for manifold clean and thats all.

All other servicing has been by non dealer mechanic @ 10000km intervals.

Still going strong and looks really tidy. Some shiny bits on steering wheel.
                Last edited by jawk; 16-02-12, 12:22 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• jawk
                  Valued Member
                  • Feb 2009
                  • Australia

Originally posted by jawk View Post
                  one of the local security blokes drives an NS DiD Auto - has way over 300,000km on it now. Has been to the dealer x 2 for manifold clean and thats all.

All other servicing has been by non dealer mechanic @ 10000km intervals.

Still going strong and looks really tidy. Some shiny bits on steering wheel.
                  Sorry - had some details wrong. Saw it at my mechanic on friday. Its actually got 550,000+km on it and was in getting the inlet manifold done for the third time in its life... first was a replace, next two were cleans.

Interestingly it is apparent that MMA wont sell the manifold gasket without selling the manifold as well! Dont know what the work around is tho.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X