• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jhale101
    • Apr 2015
    • adelaide

diff rubbers

My mechanic tells me that the 2 rubbers on the rear of the diff facing to the rear need replacing.
    Can anyone tell me what these are called so I don't appear too ignorant when I go to the Mitsi dealer to get new ones.
    Are they hard to fit?
    Attached Files
    2" lift kit, SVP EGR mod, Roley rear bash plate, LED interior lighting, spare wheel lift, Uniden UHF, Poly Air bags, 2100 mm Rhino Roof rack on Rhino rails, Rear drawers, LED reversing lights
  • old Jack
    Regular
    • Jun 2011
    • Adelaide, South Australia.

Heath at Web Suspension on North East Road has done plenty of these, sometimes the cracking you can see is only surface cracking and the bush is still serviceable so yours may not need changing. I believe these a press fit and the rear subframe has to be removed to change them, if this is the cases then I think it is a large job.

OJ.
    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• kiwi1973
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2012
      • New Zealand

I think some confusion may exist as to whether this is a big job or not because some forum members have previously been led (perhaps misled) to believe that it is. In truth it's an easy job to do (subject to having some knowledge and tools). I did mine just a few weeks ago and contributed to a thread that was already running on there at the time. Even if the OP doesn't want to do the job DIY for any reason, main thing to know is that the subframe does not require removal and the new bushes can be pressed in in-situ from the rear using a standard bush press kit on a threaded rod.

The only thing that will add time to this job is if you need/want to remove the cross member at the front-side of the rear diff to check its bushes, as to remove that cross member requires the fuel tank to be lowered (not completely removed - just lowered to allow enough room for removal of the cross member bolt).
      2007 Shogun 3.2DID. UK Diamond Spec. Harrop Eaton front E-locker. MCC Bullbar. Runva 11XP winch. 17" Dotz rims with 32" STT Pro. Koni HT RAID 90 series with +2" EHD Lovells springs. ASFIR protection plates for engine & transmission. DIY steel rocksliders. LRA 81 litre auxiliary fuel tank. Waeco CFX-40. Home made drawers & fridge slide. Dual power - 120a/h AGM with CTEK DC-DC. LED lighting. 43 litre water tank with two electric pumps - one for tap (via filter) & one via heat exchanger.

Comment

• jhale101
        • Apr 2015
        • adelaide

Originally posted by kiwi1973 View Post
        I think some confusion may exist as to whether this is a big job or not because some forum members have previously been led (perhaps misled) to believe that it is. In truth it's an easy job to do (subject to having some knowledge and tools). I did mine just a few weeks ago and contributed to a thread that was already running on there at the time. Even if the OP doesn't want to do the job DIY for any reason, main thing to know is that the subframe does not require removal and the new bushes can be pressed in in-situ from the rear using a standard bush press kit on a threaded rod.

The only thing that will add time to this job is if you need/want to remove the cross member at the front-side of the rear diff to check its bushes, as to remove that cross member requires the fuel tank to be lowered (not completely removed - just lowered to allow enough room for removal of the cross member bolt).
        What issues did your worn rubbers cause eg cornering issues or ride issues perhaps
        2" lift kit, SVP EGR mod, Roley rear bash plate, LED interior lighting, spare wheel lift, Uniden UHF, Poly Air bags, 2100 mm Rhino Roof rack on Rhino rails, Rear drawers, LED reversing lights

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X