X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Loady1
    • Aug 2016
    • Queensland

I bought a land cruiser 75 generic kit which uses 19mm hoses with the provent 200. I added the foil insulation wrap to the lower hose to add some extra heat shielding from the turbo below. The can is zip tied to the brake lines and does not move.
    Attached Files
    Late 2016 PS 5 seat. Bridgestone ATRs, Kings KCRS-23, KCFS-55, Bilsteins , PROVENT 200, Safari snorkel, bash plates.
    Hayman Reese towbar. Tow pro elite.

Comment

• Jizza
      • May 2016
      • Adelaide

Originally posted by Loady1 View Post
      I bought a land cruiser 75 generic kit which uses 19mm hoses with the provent 200. I added the foil insulation wrap to the lower hose to add some extra heat shielding from the turbo below. The can is zip tied to the brake lines and does not move.
      Interested to know where you purchased this kit from? I got the MQ Triton/PS kit from Western Filters and the kit you mentioned is about the same price but without the bracket for mounting?

Comment

• Arcticsoldier
        • Mar 2015
        • Australia

just wondering with the HPD catch can, what is inside it?
        on the evo i had a catch can and put steel wool/mesh to increase surface area for the oil to catch onto. it seems to catch more oil than having an hollow can.
        2013 Ninja 300
        Ford Everest Titanium MY17 - Rhino racks, Rola titan tray, Provent 200 catch can, Donaldson prefilter, HIDs allround

Comment

• Lando
          Valued Member
          • May 2013
          • Lake Maquarie NSW

Nothing...it has gauze on the outlet pipe side and uses that along with the torturous path idea....and it works damn well!!

The ones i use in my track car have the same idea but use a sintered filter inside the can instead and it flows waaaaaayyyyy more air than the paj would
          MY14 NW GLX-R

This thing goes freaking everywhere!!

Comment

• Loady1
            • Aug 2016
            • Queensland

Originally posted by Jizza View Post
            Interested to know where you purchased this kit from? I got the MQ Triton/PS kit from Western Filters and the kit you mentioned is about the same price but without the bracket for mounting?
            Bought from United-fuelinjection ebay seller $ 255, includes hoses, clamps and drain hose with a shur off valve. I bought a 90 degree elbow from Bunnings for where it meets the turbo inlet.
            Late 2016 PS 5 seat. Bridgestone ATRs, Kings KCRS-23, KCFS-55, Bilsteins , PROVENT 200, Safari snorkel, bash plates.

Comment

• Steve54
              • Mar 2016
              • Perth

Looks good. And cheaper than mine.
              2016 PS Exceed

Comment

• 1_johnboy
                • Sep 2012
                • Gippsland

Loady1 - From the pic it looks as if the can is cable tied to the brake lines? If so are you experiencing any issues from it? - never mind, helps to read a bit further

Comment

• Loady1
                  • Aug 2016
                  • Queensland

Pro vent works, just over a month and a couple of thousand kms, I drained this today. (about 30ml)
                  Could have been coating the inside of my inlet manifold along with EGR soot.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• littleriver
                    Valued Member
                    • Jan 2013
                    • Queensland

what oil are you running and grade ? ... ( as too thin an oil may cause this amount of blow-by )

and what fuel is being used ? ...

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• Dicko1
                      Valued Member
                      • Dec 2014
                      • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by littleriver View Post
                      what oil are you running and grade ? ... ( as too thin an oil may cause this amount of blow-by )

and what fuel is being used ? ...

I,m using Valvoline 5w-40 full synthetic and this is about the same amount of oil as I get.
                      Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Loady1
                        • Aug 2016
                        • Queensland

My car only has 7000ks so is on whatever oil Mitsubishi puts in it. Owners manual specifies 5w30 so I guess thats whats in it.

Comment

• littleriver
                          Valued Member
                          • Jan 2013
                          • Queensland

this is interesting

155K views, 515 likes, 1 loves, 817 comments, 239 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Berrima Diesel Service - The Diesel Experts: 700km Young and look at the crappy oil steaming! God knows what oil...

to thin an oil burning causing fumes ...

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• littleriver
                            Valued Member
                            • Jan 2013
                            • Queensland

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
                            I,m using Valvoline 5w-40 full synthetic and this is about the same amount of oil as I get.
                            30ml after 2,000km ???

Comment

• greig
                              Valued Member
                              • Aug 2010
                              • kanwal

My car only has 7000ks so is on whatever oil Mitsubishi puts in it. Owners manual specifies 5w30 so I guess thats whats in it.
                              Probably a good guess......if that's what Mitsu puts in it from new ?

What a dealer puts in is anyones guess.....brand and viscosity could change dealer to dealer.

Comment

• Dicko1
                                Valued Member
                                • Dec 2014
                                • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by littleriver View Post
                                30ml after 2,000km ???

Thats less than a beer can full for 20000klms. Would hardly register on the dipstick. Every engine uses oil...some more than others.
                                Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X