• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Katana Chatty
    • Apr 2011
    • Blackwood area SA

Originally posted by caroma View Post
    I don't know much about this material but how reliable would it be compared to a metal tank? Puncture-wise etc.
    I would think it would be less likely to puncture than steel - the polyethylene style tanks have a fair bit of give in them before they puncture - things tend to bounce off them before they puncture them.

It will be interesting to see if they make one for the Paj that would replace the main tank, but leave my existing Long Ranger in place - conceivably I could get around 200 litres of fuel on board then...
    2008 NS Exceed DiD
    Twin batteries, FuelManager 30 micron filter, Airtek snorkel, Rhino Pioneer tray, Foxwing awning, TJM bull bar, 9500lb winch, 2" lift + HD progressive rate springs + Polyair bags, 75 litre water tank + electric pump, custom fridge slide, custom drawers

Comment

• grhyso
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2012
      • Perth

Originally posted by Katana Chatty View Post
      I would think it would be less likely to puncture than steel - the polyethylene style tanks have a fair bit of give in them before they puncture - things tend to bounce off them before they puncture them.

It will be interesting to see if they make one for the Paj that would replace the main tank, but leave my existing Long Ranger in place - conceivably I could get around 200 litres of fuel on board then...
      They have said on their facebook page that the pajero tank is a replacement not an auxiliary. I'm hoping it's a decent size as my factory tank has taken a bit of a beating and the bashplate is cracked. It's over $600 for an afternarket bashplate. I also don't want an auxiliary tank as i would wreck it 4wding around perth. Only other options are jerry cans in the car or on the roof, both of which I'm not a big fan of.
      2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

• caroma
        • May 2012
        • WA - Pilbara

Originally posted by TC.Barky View Post
        They made a good point on the facebook page. Slightly more flexible material and a super thick wall 'should' mean more puncture resistant. Similar to airing down tires.
        Originally posted by Katana Chatty View Post

Cheers. Have to wait and see on prices then. Knowing ARB probably in the vicinity of a brand new car...
        2008 NS Petrol Auto.

Comment

• Toff
          • Oct 2013
          • Erskine Park, NSW

Picked up a brochure the other day which said 140L. Looking at the price list, others models seem to be round the $1k mark with $165 fitting.

Comment

• Friction Nut
            • Mar 2015
            • Healesville, Vic

140 litres. That's only two and a half jerry cans bigger than standard tank.

Think I'll be sticking with the jerry cans at that price.
            2014 NX. ARB Bullbar. Factory tow bar, SPV EGR mod, Donaldson 3 micron- post factory filter, HPD Catch Can, Bushskinz sump, intercooler and transmission guard, stedi ST3K light bar, X-ray vision 220 HID, GME 3350 UHF, Bilstien and Kings awaiting fitment, otherwise stock as a rock.

Comment

• grhyso
              Valued Member
              • Aug 2012
              • Perth

Originally posted by Friction Nut View Post

There aren't very many replacement tanks over the 140L for any car. I don't even know how they could increase the Pajero's factory tank that much without negatively impacting ramp over clearance. If touring is your thing I like the idea of not putting all your eggs in one basket, if 140L is the end product you can easily fit this tank (for what sounds like a very reasonable price considering ARB), a long ranger, LRA or brown davis 58/60L auxiliary or strongarm 80L auxiliary and have 200-220L on board before any jerry cans.

Off the top of my head there are limitations to how much fuel you are allowed to carry in a vehicle without a permit or something, which I think might be 250L. 1-2 Jerry cans on the roof with these two tanks and you can potentially have over 2000kms between fuel stops!

The other issue is storing Jerry cans. a lot of people are against having them inside the vehicle or just don't have the room. Other (like myself) have other things on the roof and can't put the weight up there. That leaves either larger tanks or a rear wheel carrier, both of which are expensive.
              Last edited by grhyso; 20-10-15, 08:03 PM.
              2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

Comment

• Katana Chatty
                • Apr 2011
                • Blackwood area SA

Originally posted by Friction Nut View Post

Two and half jerry cans I don't have to find room for elsewhere...
                2008 NS Exceed DiD
                Twin batteries, FuelManager 30 micron filter, Airtek snorkel, Rhino Pioneer tray, Foxwing awning, TJM bull bar, 9500lb winch, 2" lift + HD progressive rate springs + Polyair bags, 75 litre water tank + electric pump, custom fridge slide, custom drawers

Comment

• nj swb
                  Resident
                  • Jun 2007
                  • Adelaide

I spent a lot of money on my shorty to squeeze an extra 45 litres into the tank.

• Lower centre of gravity.
                  • Lower overall height.
                  • Space in the cabin.

I have no doubt it was excellent value for money.
                  NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• RhinoC
                    • Apr 2013
                    • Perth wa

Spoke with ARB salesman today at the Peth 4WD show. He reckons they almost have a tank ready for the paj, said they have had some complications but getting close to sorted (didn't know what they were???) and should be ready by March next year. 140lts as mentioned here and will be approx $1250 plus fitting and fuel for leak testing. The tank on display looked very well made, I was impressed with the build quality.
                    2008 NS 25th Aniversery Model, Auto, DID, ARB Bar, Warn XD9500lb, Coopers ST Maxx 265/70/17, GME UHF, IPF , DPF Delete pipe, Boo's Bash plates full set, track lander roof rack, drifta awning, SPV mod, catch can, Redarc DCDC 25amp, OME 2" lift and bit of other fruit.

Comment

• grhyso
                      Valued Member
                      • Aug 2012
                      • Perth

Originally posted by RhinoC View Post
                      Spoke with ARB salesman today at the Peth 4WD show. He reckons they almost have a tank ready for the paj, said they have had some complications but getting close to sorted (didn't know what they were???) and should be ready by March next year. 140lts as mentioned here and will be approx $1250 plus fitting and fuel for leak testing. The tank on display looked very well made, I was impressed with the build quality.
                      I also spoke to someone today who said the same except for that the almost have it ready. He did mention March though and same price, size etc etc. I did question will it hang much lower than the current tank which he said yes but not with any conviction. I would imagine the sales people don't really know too much about development work.

Comment

• MSF
                        Valued Member
                        • Jul 2009
                        • Sydney, Northern Beaches

Originally posted by dwright74 View Post
                        it would be great if they made one to replace the main tank on the SWB. It's pretty small and I've banged my up a bit.
                        You do know that LRA make a 65L Auxillary for the NS/NT SWB ??

Comment

• caroma
                          • May 2012
                          • WA - Pilbara

Noticed that this now shows up in the ARB price guide. Can anyone shed light on why it would be a Diesel only tank? What sort of differences would it have to a Petrol tank?

"ARB FRONTIER DIESEL FUEL TANK
                          (TAD107) Pajero 2000 On UNDER DEVELOPMENT"
                          2008 NS Petrol Auto.

Comment

• Lost1
                            • Dec 2013
                            • Melbourne

Hey Caroma, The difference would be in the fuel pick up inside the tank. A diesel powered Pajero does not need to house a fuel pump inside the tank.
                            09 ML GLX-R 3.2L Manual. Bushskinz bash plates, 285/75x16 Kumho MT51 & 16x8 alloys, 3" exhaust, Dobinson MRR 2"lift, MCC Bar and Wheel Carrier, 12000lb ICM winch, Dual Batteries, Billet Turbo compressor upgrade, Brown and Davis LR tank.

Comment

• Old Paj
                              Pajero Club Life Member
                              • Jun 2007
                              • Heathcote, Vic

ARB Long Range Tank

I wish they would get a move on, I want one!!
                              NX Pajero, Duel Batteries (under bonnet), Factory Nudge Bar, Kings Springs, Bilstein Shocks, TowPro Elite, Icom IC-450, Cooper ST-Maxx Tyres (off road), AutoMate, towing 2015 Vista Crossover XL.

Comment

• spot01
                                Valued Member
                                • Apr 2011
                                • Adelaide

A month or two ago at the caravan show, I had a discussion with the ARB person who is working on the development of these tanks.

As with all products, it is taking a while to thoroughly develop these tanks to meet operational, legislative and durability requirements, but they are nearly there. He indicated they hope to have them available a bit after the middle of the year, all going well.

He was very approachable and said if I had any queries, not to hesitate to call him at ARB's office in Melbourne - just ask for the person developing the tanks for the Pajero. I think he would welcome a call from someone in Melbourne from the forum - who knows, they may even get a good deal on an early install or get involved in the final testing, etc? (but note this is only my thinking)
                                Last edited by spot01; 05-04-16, 10:26 PM.
                                Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X