• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SpanishForWhat?
    • Mar 2016
    • Perth

Originally posted by xjrob View Post
    Have you received them yet, is there any differences?

If so can you post pics

thanks,
    Meant to get around to this earlier, but I've been flat-out busy.

On the left is the slightly larger MR402163, and the right is the MR402160.

I can't speak for fitment differences as I have not had a chance to take a look at it.
    Attached Files
    '11 NT GL

Service Manual for Gen 4 Pajero

Comment

• Ian H
      Valued Member
      • May 2015
      • Melbourne

Just wanted to say thanks for all the fitting and part number info on here guys. Right down to the size of the coupling, pics to show the process etc.

I ordered the parts, got the coupling, M6 nuts and threaded rod from Bunnings and did mine in about 30 minutes.

I used the threaded rod to stick up in to the new foot rest (with the M6 mudguard washers) and then used another coupling as the tightening nut because the thread I cut was a bit long and the coupling was easier to get to with a socket to tighten it all up.

It worked a treat and the new rest is solid and so much better than that smaller foam one which was originally in there. I didn't cut any carpet, just placed it back over the top at this stage and will see how it goes but it seems fine.

Thanks again, love this forum.
      2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• erad
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2015
        • Cooma NSW

Seeing the photos above I would say that the smaller footrest is meant for a manual transmission car whilst the larger is for an auto.

Comment

• bungalow
          • Jul 2011
          • Adelaide

Originally posted by SpanishForWhat? View Post

I can't speak for fitment differences as I have not had a chance to take a look at it.
          Looking at the photos above in post#136 from SpanishForWhat, the footrest on the left in the third photo certainly seems to have a deeper recess where you bolt it down. I suspect this negates the need for the hex coupler and extension bolt, you simply add a nut onto the existing bolt, maybe after removing the foam piece that is already there? Would love to know that for sure before I order mine, presuming also that the footrest on the left in the third photo is part# MR402163??

Longterm lurker but pretty sure this is my first post in a long time. Very informative and great to see photos with posts of what people have done.
          2011 NT RX - Pirelli ATR 265/60R18; CSA 18" Stealth rims; MCC bullbar; MMA towbar; Redarc brake controller; Bilstein suspension - standard height; Rear helper airbags; Bushskinz intercooler and sump guards; Bushskinz side steps; Roley's rear bumper guard; Milford cargo barrier; Dual battery system with Redarc BCDC1220 charger and custom distribution box in rear with Xantrex battery monitor; Full MSA seat cover set; MSA seat back organisers; HID headlight upgrade; Cameron Canvas offroad camper

Comment

• SpanishForWhat?
            • Mar 2016
            • Perth

Originally posted by erad View Post
            Seeing the photos above I would say that the smaller footrest is meant for a manual transmission car whilst the larger is for an auto.
            While it may not be terribly accurate, partsouq listed both part numbers for both AT and MT.
            Additionally, both footrests fix to the same location, and have the same dimensions on the right hand side.
            To me, this indicates no difference in pedal clearance between either footrest.
            The primary difference besides the mounting points appears to be the LHS of the two footrests. I suspect this is to do with trim on the transmission tunnel.

Originally posted by bungalow View Post
            Looking at the photos above in post#136 from SpanishForWhat, the footrest on the left in the third photo certainly seems to have a deeper recess where you bolt it down. I suspect this negates the need for the hex coupler and extension bolt, you simply add a nut onto the existing bolt, maybe after removing the foam piece that is already there? Would love to know that for sure before I order mine, presuming also that the footrest on the left in the third photo is part# MR402163??

Longterm lurker but pretty sure this is my first post in a long time. Very informative and great to see photos with posts of what people have done.
            Correct, left in every photo is MR402163.
            Unfortunately can not confirm fitment at this stage as I simply haven't the time.
            I will try to make it a priority over the next week - although I can't make any promises given my current schedule.
            '11 NT GL

Comment

• MrIsuzu1
              • Sep 2012
              • Cairns

Just recently I got a NP Pajero foot rest out of a wreck (5 bucks). Replaces my original mod out of a Magna.
              Attached Files
              2010 NT GLX, RD lock, Smartbar, Warn winch, Uniden UHF, Piranha dual battery, Redarc Brake Controller, Airtec Snorkel, Bushskinz protection

Comment

• SpanishForWhat?
                • Mar 2016
                • Perth

Attempted to make a start this afternoon - I can see no way that the larger MR402163 would fit.

Only found three posts in this thread that mention the length of the hex coupler used - 30mm, 25mm, and 15mm.
                Yet "the coupler from Bunnings" is 18mm long, which appears to be a fairly standard size for an M6 hex coupler.

Has anyone got a definite length for the coupler?
                '11 NT GL

Comment

• Ian H
                  Valued Member
                  • May 2015
                  • Melbourne

The only one I could find at my Bunnings was in a pack of 4 and they are 15mm. I got some M6 threaded rod, a pack of the washers, a pack of nuts and the couplers. I put a nut and the coupler on the floor stud, the rod then extended up through the hole in the footrest. One washer under neath, another on the top of the footrest, then the second coupler used as a nut to tighten it down. I found that a lot easier using the other coupler on top rather than trying to get the socket on to a smaoll nut. Then the footrest cover went on and it's tight as it can be. Fiddly job but only 20-30 minutes including cutting the rod.
                  2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• SpanishForWhat?
                    • Mar 2016
                    • Perth

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
                    The only one I could find at my Bunnings was in a pack of 4 and they are 15mm. I got some M6 threaded rod, a pack of the washers, a pack of nuts and the couplers. I put a nut and the coupler on the floor stud, the rod then extended up through the hole in the footrest. One washer under neath, another on the top of the footrest, then the second coupler used as a nut to tighten it down. I found that a lot easier using the other coupler on top rather than trying to get the socket on to a smaoll nut. Then the footrest cover went on and it's tight as it can be. Fiddly job but only 20-30 minutes including cutting the rod.
                    Thanks for that - do you find the footrest is fairly secure?
                    '11 NT GL

Comment

• mrmac
                      • Aug 2014
                      • Gothenburg, Sweden

I'm pretty sure the MR402163 is for LHD cars where the footrest is of course mounted towards the outer wall, as it has a different angle than the transmission tunnel. It looks like the angle should fit.

I will order the MR402163 and try!

/M

Comment

• Old Paj
                        Pajero Club Life Member
                        • Jun 2007
                        • Heathcote, Vic

Footrest

Spent a bit of time this morning fitting the footrest into our MY17 NX.

Ordered the footrest components directly from our local Mitsubishi dealer $46.40, ordered Tuesday (ex Sydney) picked up from dealer on Friday morning.

I followed the majority path for fitting the footrest, no real surprises other that a plastic lock fitted onto the stud, presumably to hold the foam in position that was not mentioned by any posters:

The other thing was, not wanting force the stud down to get a good fit to the floor (not wanting to risk snapping it off), there is a gap under the footrest which conveniently my rubber mat fits under nicely:

I still cannot understand why Mitsubishi would drop this footrest as it was standard on our GLX NP Pajero.
                        NX Pajero, Duel Batteries (under bonnet), Factory Nudge Bar, Kings Springs, Bilstein Shocks, TowPro Elite, Icom IC-450, Cooper ST-Maxx Tyres (off road), AutoMate, towing 2015 Vista Crossover XL.

Comment

• vladguan
                          Valued Member
                          • Mar 2015
                          • Adelaide

Originally posted by Old Paj View Post
                          Spent a bit of time this morning fitting the footrest into our MY17 NX.

Ordered the footrest components directly from our local Mitsubishi dealer $46.40, ordered Tuesday (ex Sydney) picked up from dealer on Friday morning.

I followed the majority path for fitting the footrest, no real surprises other that a plastic lock fitted onto the stud, presumably to hold the foam in position that was not mentioned by any posters:

The other thing was, not wanting force the stud down to get a good fit to the floor (not wanting to risk snapping it off), there is a gap under the footrest which conveniently my rubber mat fits under nicely:

I still cannot understand why Mitsubishi would drop this footrest as it was standard on our GLX NP Pajero.
                          Lol, that plastic lock nut was a given hence no one mentioned it.
                          Please call me Vlad.
                          -----------------------
                          MY15 NX GLS - SPV EGR; Donaldson filter; Front sensors; Compass; DEI506T and DEI507M; LED interior and exterior lights; Blue LED step lights; 3T tow bar; 20% front & clear tint over privacy windows; Chrome handle protectors; 3x Bushskinz guards; Nudge bar; Hella Sharptones; Dual alarm horns; STEDI lightbar; TC mod loom; Paddles; ProVent 200; Dobinsons springs and MRR shocks; Bonnet struts; OCAM awning; Rear work light; Air compressor. TBD - UHF.

Comment

• Pajero12
                            • Dec 2015
                            • Adelaide

Originally posted by Old Paj View Post
                            Dollars $$$

Cost may be $10 fitted, opposed to $1 fitted - There are a lot of Pajero's around... Huge Dollars
                            NW GL. DiD Auto with 265/75 St Maxx on 17" Alloys, Factory Steel bullbar
                            MODS: TJM Airtec Snorkel | Bilstein Shocks with King Springs | full bushskinz bash plates | LED Lightbar | Rhino Platform | GME XRS UHF platform mounted antenna w folding bracket | Kings Awning | Ultragauge | Dual Battery | Rear Storage System | Paddle Shift | M&M Lockup Mate

Comment

• Old Paj
                              Pajero Club Life Member
                              • Jun 2007
                              • Heathcote, Vic

Footrest

Yes, dollars is the only real likelihood that I can think off also. However to not even have it as an optional extra still mystifies me.
                              NX Pajero, Duel Batteries (under bonnet), Factory Nudge Bar, Kings Springs, Bilstein Shocks, TowPro Elite, Icom IC-450, Cooper ST-Maxx Tyres (off road), AutoMate, towing 2015 Vista Crossover XL.

Comment

• Bully
                                • Jun 2017
                                • Sydney

Small item but big differnece.

It is now so comfortable to drive with the footrest, I also added a Japanese genuine MM cover to blend in with the pedals.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X