• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Glastonbury
    • Dec 2011
    • Glastonbury, QLD

Towbar wiring

Gents,
    I am about to fit a HR towbar to the FIL challenger, does anybody know if the HR wiring will plug into the MM brake controller. When I fitted the towbar to my Pajero I had issues with them joining up, I ended up buying the MM towbar harness. Apparently the towbar harness for the Challenger is no longer stocked, I'm assuming by itself. Hope someone can shed some light.
    Cheers Drew
  • littleriver
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2013
    • Queensland

Originally posted by Glastonbury View Post
    Gents,
    I am about to fit a HR towbar to the FIL challenger, does anybody know if the HR wiring will plug into the MM brake controller. When I fitted the towbar to my Pajero I had issues with them joining up, I ended up buying the MM towbar harness. Apparently the towbar harness for the Challenger is no longer stocked, I'm assuming by itself. Hope someone can shed some light.
    Cheers Drew
    Find that hard to believe. . Ring another dealer spare parts ..
    2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• pajeromack
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2014
      • NSW

I've got the HR towbar in my challenger. I had to pay for a HR tow ECU & harness that plugs into the existing vehicle network and provides the relevant signals (brake etc) to the tow connector. It's located next to the spare wheel jack. I imagine the mitsubishi tow harness does the same thing. You don't need the official MM one.

Electronic brake controllers tend to be a pretty generic fit. The MM EBC harness gets the brake signal from the foot pedal and connects to the tow harness at the site of the tow ECU.

Comment

• Glastonbury
        • Dec 2011
        • Glastonbury, QLD

Thanks gents,
        I was going to ring another dealer just to check the parts availability.
        I didn't really ask the right Q.
        Has anybody fitted a HR towbar and wiring harness with a electric brake controller wiring harness from MM and had issues getting it all to mate up.
        Cheers Drew

Comment

• wasarangie
          Valued Member
          • Jul 2010
          • Ocean Grove

I have the HR bar and harness. The ecu from HR is only a relay setup to power the lights on the trailer. the factory loom is limited to the current draw available and the ecu is there to cover the power requirement. I have a spare loom but not the ECU for the HR setup, the ECU is the costly part. If anyone wants the loom it is available for postage cost, keep in mind it needs the ECU at additional cost from HR.

The relay setup is a very simple and low cost alternative to the over priced factory and aftermarket wiring setup. If I was to redo the Challenger there is no way I would buy a factory wiring or after market bar ECU and loom.

The only thing a brake controller needs is brake light feed. This can be from the brake switch at the peddle or from the brake light feed at the trailer plug connection at the rear of the vehicle.
          SOLD MY11 PB LS Challenger Manual,

MY18 Ford Ranger Wildtrak, Auto. Smartbar Stealth. Warn 9k winch, Redarc dual battery system. over tub rack system. Minecorp phone mount. Folding Phone and UHF antennae mounts. 9" LED driving lights. Assortment of extras from Tickford.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X