X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boostboost
    • Jul 2016
    • Sydney

Yeap. I've got them around the house just in case.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

• Mike DiD
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Lando View Post
      A very good tip for not only yourself if youve never really use an extinguisher....or for your missus and kids for that matter

Is to practice using an extinguisher on a fire...as they dont last long and it shows everyone exactly what to do and how little time the extinguisher actually lasts

Every year or so i buy new ones for my track car..and when we go camping ill take the old ones along and put them in the brackets in the fourby and treat it like a drill to put the fire out

Its surprisingly fun and shows them all how to operate an extinguisher with some haste
      If it's stored the conventional vertical way, the powder will not be able to move much and will just compact with every bump. If you store it horizontally, the powder can slosh around.
      Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

• Lando
        Valued Member
        • May 2013
        • Lake Maquarie NSW

Yep..i store it horizontally where im able to

But as im sure you know thats not always possible, and with a few whacks regularly ive never once had an issue with solid powder

We have tonnes of powder extinguisher at work that are in constant vibration near the mills and boiler and theyre fine
        MY14 NW GLX-R

This thing goes freaking everywhere!!

Comment

• KiwiNTPajero
          Valued Member
          • Aug 2014
          • Wellington,New Zealand

i have started makin a mount along the side of the rear compartment using the two bolt holes after removing one of the luggage blind rails//I had thought about making a bracket for the front passengers seat but thought it may get in the way of front seat passenger.
          2009 NT GLS(NZ) diesel LWB auto
          BFG AT,Rhino Rack Vortex Bars,Foxwing Eco Awning,BUSHSKINZ I/C, sump guards and steps

"do not check the button for faster communication, this will throw a wobbly with some dongles"

Comment

• AJW52
            • Nov 2015
            • Perth

Rear Door Mounting Trick

I have been looking for a good mounting spot for a fire extinguisher for years! No luck so it has lived in the third row seatwell among other bits and pieces and under fridges and bags. Not a good situation.
            After removing the rear door handle I was able to move one of the parts of the bracket in which was located the second screw hole so that the bracket holes lined up with the door screw holes. Perfect. Thanks for the idea.

Comment

• Lando
              Valued Member
              • May 2013
              • Lake Maquarie NSW

All good mate...glad to help

Just wish i could use it still with my rear table lol
              MY14 NW GLX-R

This thing goes freaking everywhere!!

Comment

• aussieintas
                Valued Member
                • Feb 2013
                • Sorell, Tasmania

No never bud.....and my work car has one also with no issues in 25 years
                2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
                88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
                92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
                92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
                99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
                95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
                08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• Turorit
                  • Oct 2016
                  • Adelaide

Mounted in Gen2 passenger footwell on the trans tunnel. Easy reach for all situations
                  Attached Files
                  2013 NW GLX. 285,000km | ARB Deluxe Bar, Boo's bashplates, 4x4 Tough Winch, underbonnet dual battery & db140i isolator, D697 265/70r17, Rhino tracks & vortex bars, DIY rear drawers, Waeco CF40, 60L water bladder, 2.5m awning, Vlad TC mod, Provent 200, TJM Airtec, Uniden UH8060.
                  --SOLD--1995 NJ GLS 3.5L Manual. 348,000km 2" Toughdog/EFS suspension, 265/75r16 Toyo Open Country A/T II

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X