• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shogun 2000
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2009
    • Dodges Ferry, Hobart, Tassie

dual battery setup

i recently put one of these in my NL paj with the second battery in the rear, now, if my main battery goes flat for any reason will the second battery be able to start my paj, if not how do i set it up to do that? http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/Pro...nuFrom=1021383
    2008 NS Platinum 17x8 alloys with 265x65x17 All Terrains. UHF, auxillary battery in 3rd row seat well, alloy bullbar. window tint. 2" lift. bonnet struts to do away with the rod. catch can, Hikeit X9 throttle controller.
  • MELONHEAD
    • Apr 2010
    • Curlewis NSW

The specs on the Supercheap site are very limited, but I think many isolators have a manual override that once engaged, electrically connects both batteries to allow for jump starting the main battery. Alternatively, all you would have to do is remove the solenoid from the circuit and connect both batteries together positive to positive and negative to negative and you are in jump start mode.
    2010 NT RX diesel manual, bushskinz intercooler + sump guards, factory alloy bulbar, GME TX3400 UHF, Donaldson secondary fuel filter, Bilstein/Kings/Polyair lift, Hankook Dynapro ATM 265/70/17.
    1998 NL GLS V6 auto LWB with ARB Deluxe Winch Bar, ALDI 9500lb winch, ARB onboard compressor, Hankook Dynapro AT/M 265/70/16s.

Comment

• Shogun 2000
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2009
      • Dodges Ferry, Hobart, Tassie

Originally posted by MELONHEAD View Post
      The specs on the Supercheap site are very limited, but I think many isolators have a manual override that once engaged, electrically connects both batteries to allow for jump starting the main battery. Alternatively, all you would have to do is remove the solenoid from the circuit and connect both batteries together positive to positive and negative to negative and you are in jump start mode.
      thanx mate, i will have to remember that
      2008 NS Platinum 17x8 alloys with 265x65x17 All Terrains. UHF, auxillary battery in 3rd row seat well, alloy bullbar. window tint. 2" lift. bonnet struts to do away with the rod. catch can, Hikeit X9 throttle controller.

Comment

• sunnycoast
        • Mar 2017
        • Sunshine Coast

Is the VSR working properly?

This explains how to set up your VSR properly. There is also a lot of other info in there but just fast forward to where you need.

1999 NL Pajero LWB Manual - TJM Snorkel, Yokohama Geolander A/T-S, Rhino Racks & Half Steel mesh Platform, Rhino Racks Awning, Aussie Direct Dual Battery System, WAECO CF 40L

Comment

• NDS410
          • Aug 2016
          • Newcastle

Most VSR isolators will have an earthing override or a switch inbuilt. Did it come with install instructions?
          1999 NL Pajero LWB 6G74 | Pacemaker Extractors | TJM Bull Bar | 2" Lift | 32" Hankook Dynapro ATM w/ Sunraiser Steelies| Kings 9" LED Spot Lights | ARB Diff Breathers| Dual Battery System - REDARC | 4WDSupacentre Rack | Adventure Kings 3 x 3m Awning | 42" Illuminator Light Bar on Rack | Oricom UHF & RFI Aerial

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X