• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NDS410
    • Aug 2016
    • Newcastle

Door Seal Replacement

Hi Guys.

After the week long deluge we copped here in Newcastle, I was welcomed to the nice surprise of a floating passenger front floor mat.

I traced the leak and it looks as though the rear door seal (car was parked facing downhill) is allowing the water to pour in...

Where are replacement door seals available other then Mitsu? They want both my arms and one leg per seal.

Cheers!
    1999 NL Pajero LWB 6G74 | Pacemaker Extractors | TJM Bull Bar | 2" Lift | 32" Hankook Dynapro ATM w/ Sunraiser Steelies| Kings 9" LED Spot Lights | ARB Diff Breathers| Dual Battery System - REDARC | 4WDSupacentre Rack | Adventure Kings 3 x 3m Awning | 42" Illuminator Light Bar on Rack | Oricom UHF & RFI Aerial
  • stumagoo
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2014
    • Perth WA S.O.R

I would also suggest checking the top of the back door, mine and a couple of others I have seen so far have pulled the top of the door away from the body once fitting larger spare wheels, 32" in 2 cases not looked at one fitted with 31" but there is not a huge difference so would not be surprised if even tires around stock sizes are causing this long term
    1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
    *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
    1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

• NDS410
      • Aug 2016
      • Newcastle

Cheers for the reply mate.

I ended up sitting inside the car whilst the missus hosed it all over and I found the water pooling at the bottom of the rear passenger door and gushing inside. The bottom of the door seal is very flat so I reckon that's whats causing the serious leak. The drivers side is doing the same thing just not as bad...spent the afternoon clearing all the door drains out for good measure...

So. Where the hell do I get door seals?? Other then a wreck which is just a band-aid...
      1999 NL Pajero LWB 6G74 | Pacemaker Extractors | TJM Bull Bar | 2" Lift | 32" Hankook Dynapro ATM w/ Sunraiser Steelies| Kings 9" LED Spot Lights | ARB Diff Breathers| Dual Battery System - REDARC | 4WDSupacentre Rack | Adventure Kings 3 x 3m Awning | 42" Illuminator Light Bar on Rack | Oricom UHF & RFI Aerial

Comment

• Man Bear Pig
        • Jun 2014
        • Mypolonga

I know u can buy pinch weld with door seal (I believe to be the same) from hardware/camping store like Clarke rubber, horizon camping and some Mitre 10 stores.
        (Anyone who deals with "Fitch The Rubber Man " or "UES")
        It's about $ 10-13 per metre.

Just take a sample or a picture as there is "seal on side" and "seal on bottom"

If that doesn't solve ur troubles I would look into the possibility that ur evaporator drain is blocked.
        It can cause the same trouble, here is a link to fix it.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X