Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 2 Pajero

Generation 2 Pajero NH - NL Models 1991 - 2000

Old 10-09-17

Thanks, yes I did see that. I have ordered it and will make up my own template. Will let you know how I go.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
The Inside:
Dual battery, inverter, various power points with fuse box, custom fridge slide and shelf in back, removable bed platform, legal 5-seater.

Planned:
Solar panel, UHF radio, remote central locking, some sort of winch...
Old 14-09-17

OK, Snorkel arrived today. Looks like I need to cut a 95mm hole. What's the size on other NL snorkels? Just curious if they are all the same.

The Inside:
Dual battery, inverter, various power points with fuse box, custom fridge slide and shelf in back, removable bed platform, legal 5-seater.

Planned:
Old 14-09-17

Sounds big to me, I think the one I did in a GLX was only about 85mm.
Old 14-09-17
Valued Member

85 sounds more like it but unfortunately not in a position to check.

Get a tape and give it a measure. Nothing wrong with making a smaller hole then widening it out a little.

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.
Old 14-09-17

Just doing my NP one at the moment. Template says 85mm but that's incorrect, needs 95.

Cheers,
2003 NP 3.5. STEDI Night Pilot LED headlights, LED front fogs, Safari 'style' snorkel, LED reverse / work light, reverse cam, BushSkinz, LED interior lights, Joying android head unit, side steps, LED spotties, 17" steelies, bunny bar.
Old 15-09-17

That arrived quick.. well done....Make sure you 'Treat' All bare Metal with something to prevent Rust from occurring, and lots of Silicone to Water-proof it... Keen to see some pics when you have finished...

Gemster....
97 NL 3.5 GLS AUTO_ARB bar, Snorkel ,2 Uniden Uhfs , 2"lift, Dual bat, Redarc System, BFG KO2's All Terrains, 55L sub tank, Pioneer sound, Milford cargo barrier, Extractors, SS exhaust, 3 core radiator, Rear camp light, Free Wheel Hubs, Improved Rear Storage unit, Alarm, Led interior lamps, and a New Heart to come (3.8)... and No Airbags...we die like real men
Old 15-09-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacs View Post
Yes thats right its a Airtec, easy to follow instructions and template
What points of reference does airtec use for their template? The NL is so beautifully curvy that I struggle to find a line to measure from...

The Inside:

Planned:
Old 15-09-17

Ok, after fiddling around with a self-made template I thought "she'll be right", took a deep breath and cut the hole where it seemed right... then I cut use the template for the little holes and it worked out nicely..
Would I do it again? I spent $200 on the eBay snorkel. Every single part of it needed modifying to work! $200 is cheaper than most but still too much for what a piece of you get. Next time I'll make it out of PVC pipe or I spend the money for a nice airtec or Safari snorkel!

The Inside:

Planned:
Old 15-09-17
Valued Member

Looks good though and loving those sliders.....
1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils (lovells waiting for them to sag) and 1990 Nissan Z32 300zx for on road shenanigans
Old 15-09-17

Thanks! I'm quite happy with it. Just frustrating to spend $200 for a kit that is so clearly not thought through and not finished to an appropriate standard.

The Inside:

Planned: