Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Electrical / Radios

Electrical / Radios Discussion of electrical systems and accessories.

Old 13-09-17

Default Where are people mounting their DCDC chargers with under bonnet dual battery?

As the title says, where are they mounting them and how? DCDC chargers dont like heat so Im worried about putting them under the bonnet. So the next thought would be under/behind the glove box - however thats a lot of cable to route back through to the engine bay through the firewall.

So does anyone have photos of their setups?

I have seen some people suggest in behind the passenger headlight. Would it get sufficient air here? How did you mount them? Photos would be grand.
Old 13-09-17
Valued Member

Mine was professionally installed and it's located on a bracket behind the front grill, in front of the radiator but off to one side, so it gets plenty of air.
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Ridepro springs & Rox Shocks, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with Toyo OPAT AT2's, Titan drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Infinity caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 14-09-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian H View Post
Mine was professionally installed and it's located on a bracket behind the front grill, in front of the radiator but off to one side, so it gets plenty of air.
Any photos at all?
Old 14-09-17

Mines behind the dash on top of the transmission tunnel.
Fitted: Mickey T STZs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Premium Post Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Warn XD9000 Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.
Old 14-09-17
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoiks View Post
Any photos at all?
It's over on the passenger side
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Redarc.jpg (175.5 KB, 57 views)
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Ridepro springs & Rox Shocks, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with Toyo OPAT AT2's, Titan drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Infinity caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 15-09-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC.Barky View Post
Mines behind the dash on top of the transmission tunnel.
Did you mount it here yourself?
Any dramas with the amount of wires you had to route?
Old 15-09-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoiks View Post
Did you mount it here yourself?
Any dramas with the amount of wires you had to route?
Nup OL did it. Been absolutely fine ever since. Prob wouldn't do it myself, they didn't charge much for it. Don't expect it would be toooo hard there's a grommet through the firewall on the passengers side which is where they ran it but I couldn't be bothered
Fitted: Mickey T STZs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Premium Post Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Warn XD9000 Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.