Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-2 Pajero

Generation 4-2 Pajero NT model 2009 - 2011

Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by executive View Post
I finally installed my new Kenwood DDX917WS system . I love this unit specially that is has Android Auto and Apple play.
The unit is designed for the new Toyotas as it is widescreen but with some minor modifications it fits perfectly .
Any Pics? What modifications did you need to do?
Old 1 Week Ago

One of the main reasons I went with Kenwood vs Pioneer is because these units have Capacitive screens which are a lot smoother than Resistive screens .

Here are the photos of the work .
Before.jpgAfter.jpg20170829_171628.jpg20170829_173016.jpg

Just to be clear , this Kenwood unit is designed for the new Toyotas and Subaru's as they have the larger opening and hence the model name : DDX917WS (Widescreen) and has the size of 200mm (w) x 100mm (H) with the extra trim it takes it to : 210mm (w) x 104 (H)
http://www.kenwood.com/au/

The Pajero NT , provides 210mm (w) x 110 (H) wide opening which will fit this unit however, I am not sure if there is a pre-made wiring harness for this particular unit given that most people who decide to get these features go with its brother DDX9017DABS which has exact same features plus a digital radio but it is lacking the Gesture feature that is only available on the widescreen version .

Also to make the unit sit back flush with the facia , I had to modify the bracket a little which took some time . Most people said that I will not be able to install this unit and should go with DDX9017DABS as it is designed for most cars but this meant that I had to get a new facia trim for $80 and also I would have had to have a bigger gap around the unit which the facia trim would have covered but I wanted to make this as original as possible.

Unit does come with two USB cables and I have since moved one of these cabled to a high spot on the dash .and the other in the glovebox which I can use for USB sticks .
hope this helps
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

nice neat job! Well worth the extra effort; it really looks the part, and maximising screen real estate is always a priority I believe. Well done!!
'08 NS GLX LWB Turbo Diesel M/T...daily driver. Wake up and Drive!
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by starjunk View Post
nice neat job! Well worth the extra effort; it really looks the part, and maximising screen real estate is always a priority I believe. Well done!!
Thanks Starjunk , i like the fact that you can drive this unit by voice and dont need to use the keyboard or buttons much. Even the navigation is fully voice driven . But this does come at a cost , data plan off your mobile !!!. I dont suspect this data usage be high though.

The other feature is mirroring , where i have Hema maps on my Android phone and can mirror this on the Kenwood and it looks great.

I will look at selling my MMC unit soon as i will not be putting it back in the car. I did check with Mitsubishi to see how much is a replacement mmc just a matter of interest and couldn't believe what I heard ... $5000 .. who would pay this sort of money to replace a unit when you can get a unit to do so much more for around $700 -$1000.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by executive View Post
Thanks Starjunk , i like the fact that you can drive this unit by voice and dont need to use the keyboard or buttons much. Even the navigation is fully voice driven . But this does come at a cost , data plan off your mobile !!!. I dont suspect this data usage be high though.

The other feature is mirroring , where i have Hema maps on my Android phone and can mirror this on the Kenwood and it looks great.

I will look at selling my MMC unit soon as i will not be putting it back in the car. I did check with Mitsubishi to see how much is a replacement mmc just a matter of interest and couldn't believe what I heard ... $5000 .. who would pay this sort of money to replace a unit when you can get a unit to do so much more for around $700 -$1000.
Thanks for sharing your install. I'm interested in the DDX917WS unit as well. I have a 2014 NX Exceed (pre-current Mitsubishi MMCS with android/apple screen). My MMCS sat nav thing I find pointless. The only feature we use is the bluetooth. Navigation is painful and it has no phone integration. Could I ask: Did you end up buying a cable loom to help with the installation? Do you have rockford audio in your car? I'm hoping to retain use of the existing rockford system.

I'm keen to sell off the existing unit once the install is complete. It looks like I can pick up the DDX917WS for about $820, could I ask what you got yours for?
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenkean View Post
Thanks for sharing your install. I'm interested in the DDX917WS unit as well. I have a 2014 NX Exceed (pre-current Mitsubishi MMCS with android/apple screen). My MMCS sat nav thing I find pointless. The only feature we use is the bluetooth. Navigation is painful and it has no phone integration. Could I ask: Did you end up buying a cable loom to help with the installation? Do you have rockford audio in your car? I'm hoping to retain use of the existing rockford system.

I'm keen to sell off the existing unit once the install is complete. It looks like I can pick up the DDX917WS for about $820, could I ask what you got yours for?
Hi ,
I did get a new harness but it didn't work so it had to be hard wired .as for the unit , the best price I came across was $980 so if you can get it cheaper , go for it as I couldn't get this price .
I don't have a Rockford but it just means that it would have to feed the speakers to the amp and this should work . Also , I have now moved the USB connection to the blanking plate next to the top display and it is also fixed in and easily accessible .

Hope that helps
Cheers
Old 1 Week Ago

About 12 months ago I got a replacement Rockford MMCS for my NS (I broke the original) from a wrecker in Perth for $400.

2008 NS DiD Exceed. MM factory alloy full bar, Autosafe cargo barrier, Roley's rear bash plate, Uniden 8080 UHF, Baintech powertop aux battery in cargo area (removable), Jaycar battery isolator, fire ext mounted in place of rear door handle, Redarc EBC, BushSkinz IC & sump. ARB Frontier replacement fuel tank, Pedders track suspension.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garc View Post
About 12 months ago I got a replacement Rockford MMCS for my NS (I broke the original) from a wrecker in Perth for $400.
Thanks . I will put mine up for sale shortly.
Thanks
Old 5 Days Ago

I have just replaced mine with an Alpine only this week. So far very happy with it. 3 year guarantee & 3 year of Nav updates every 3 months.
2010 NT Platinum DiD. Pearl white, ARB matching colour deluxe bar,Steinbauer, 2.75 BD exhaust, dual batteries, Redarc elec brake controller, Cooper AT3, McHitch auto coupler & WDH, OME suspension lift & air bags with sleeves, Uniden radio, Bushskinz, Scanguage II. PWR trans cooler.

Towing Jayco Journey 17-55-9 OB.