Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Fuel and fuel systems

Fuel and fuel systems Petrol vs Diesel, LPG Conversions, premium fuels, and all that gas

Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bru9 View Post
Without a trailer I just don't see the space available for a few people, unless you are eating poverty grade & showering with 5L of water, id prefer to enjoy my self. Can't a trailer with shocks & the rest of it take the canning unless its some legal thing?

Why are things braking? I would take the track slow & enjoy it.
We did the canning over 6 weeks with four people in an 80 series landcruiser. They are a slightly bigger car, although not overly so, and we weren't heavily laden despite having to take all our food and supplies for 6 weeks. We only had a roof rack outside the vehicle for storage and nothing else (no rear bar with jerry holders or any of that jazz). We did see one guy on the trip - he had three jerry cans on his rear bar, three spare wheels, more jerry cans on the roof, kids' bikes, the list goes on - he was way overloaded. Later, we passed him with a broken diff housing that had caved under the weight I hate to think what the cost was to get a tow truck out to Durba Springs.

I guess it depends what you consider poverty grade food... we made pizzas a couple of times, roasts on more than one occasion in the camp oven (amazing), plenty of cheese and pate, chicken tonight with rice, various types of pasta, you name it... not to mention a glass of good red in the evening and the odd cold one over lunch