Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Photos - You and your rig!

Photos - You and your rig! Show off your rig and your mods.

Old 19-01-17
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geopaj View Post
I got sick and tired of punctures with the Bridgestones (3 unrepairable sidewall punctures in approximately 45,000km) so ended up chucking them and getting a se of the new BF Goodrich AT KO2's (I'd run several sets of BFG's on the NL for years without any issues).

Hey Justin,
How do the BFG's compare to the 697's in price? Im not due yet, but I am going to have to start thinking about mortgaging the house for a new set at some stage. I like the 18's, i just dont like paying for them.

Maybe we should all get together and bring a container load over from the states.

Also, I wasnt aware there were fog/DRL's available. Do you know if they will fit into the original fog light space on the bumper? I've never had mine out so I wouldn't have a clue.

I did get pulled over at a breatho one night and got a ticket for driving with my fog lights on. no fine, but a notice. The OEM lights are nearly as good as the MMCS IMO.

Steve

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: SMART Winch Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, Pioneer Audio/Coms system to replace the MMCS
Old 20-01-17
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticky View Post
Hey Justin,
How do the BFG's compare to the 697's in price? Im not due yet, but I am going to have to start thinking about mortgaging the house for a new set at some stage. I like the 18's, i just dont like paying for them.
Steve
When got mine 6 months ago, the 18's were $420 ea fitted. I still shake my head in disbelief
17's are much cheaper.
2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BFG 265/65R18 | ARB BBar | OME 2" lift | Airbags | Safari snorkel | GME 3510WS UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | TPMS | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | Oil catch can | GPS | PLB | Sat-phone | Flappy Paddles & paddle-mate for auto Build thread here
RETIRED 2003 NP Exceed 3.2 DiD Lots of mods
Old 21-01-17
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj swb View Post
Much better!

They'd be great in the high country...
That's mean! Have fun without me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticky View Post
Hey Justin,

Maybe we should all get together and bring a container load over from the states.

Also, I wasnt aware there were fog/DRL's available. Do you know if they will fit into the original fog light space on the bumper? I've never had mine out so I wouldn't have a clue.

I did get pulled over at a breatho one night and got a ticket for driving with my fog lights on. no fine, but a notice. The OEM lights are nearly as good as the MMCS IMO.

Steve
Hi Steve, Stedi LED DRL's are specifically made as a replacement for ARB fog lights so won't fit in the OEM fig light spot. However, looking at my old OEM fog lights it looks like it would be 'easy' to make an adapter bracket and use some of the universal LED DRL's (ie like are on eBay).

Two years ago I paid $259 each for the Bridgestones (265/65/17) but they have come down in price (about $220 now I think), plus Bridgestone often have buy 3 & get the 4th free deals.

The RRP on the BFG's in the same size is $400 I believe, but I picked mine up for $325 each. M_and_m also got a good deal on his 18" BFG's but they were $95 a tire more.

Two other things to consider though...
1. In 40,000km I had 3 unrepairable punctures (sidewall damage). That's a lot of additional expense at $220-$259 a tire! (I didn't have a single puncture with my previous 2 sets of BFG's).
2. When I replaced the Bridgestones they had done about 43,000km and were about 2-3mm from the tread wear indicator. Therefore they'd probably have needed to be replaced at about 55-60,000km but I got 70-80,000km out of my previous BFG's (and they were still about 1mm from the tread wear indicators). Add 20-30% to the Bridgestone's price ($220+20%=$260 - $259+30%=$335) for the BFG's additional mileage and the total cost isn't that different

rear locker | dual battery | snorkel | Bushskinz guards | HID Hella spotties | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | airbags | BFG AT's (on 17" NT rims) | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank in rear seat well | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Last edited by geopaj; 21-01-17 at 09:25 PM.
Old 28-02-17
Valued Member

Haven't been out 4wd'ing/camping for a while so did a quick weekend trip with a mate.

It was a few weeks ago but I love this photo...

rear locker | dual battery | snorkel | Bushskinz guards | HID Hella spotties | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | airbags | BFG AT's (on 17" NT rims) | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank in rear seat well | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

While my mudflap/stone guard bracket seems to protect the rear bumper from damage in sand, I've still damage it a couple of times in thick mud and on rocks (thankfully nothing I couldn't repair).

Long story short, I decided to install one on Boo's Bash Plates new rear bumper guards. For $200 including delivery, it's a 'no brainer'!

My Build Thread - HERE
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by geopaj View Post
While my mudflap/stone guard bracket seems to protect the rear bumper from damage in sand, I've still damage it a couple of times in thick mud and on rocks (thankfully nothing I couldn't repair).

Long story short, I decided to install one on Boo's Bash Plates new rear bumper guards. For $200 including delivery, it's a 'no brainer'!

Good call
I should have fitted one three trips ago