• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dunk_c
    • Nov 2007
    • Ipswich, Qld

Crank angle sensor wiring route

Hi Guys
    Just putting the 3.8l NS engine back together after having done some work and cannot remember how to route the CAS wiring loom near the timing belt. I have been at it for hours and cannot figure out where it goes. The only pictures U can see on the web show a different model. This car has the CAS behind the belt auto tensioner. Hoping it doesn’t go behind the cam belt!
    Thanks
    Last edited by dunk_c; 12-01-18, 10:15 AM.
    2006 Gen 4.1 LWB NS Pajero, manual. Bilstein Lovel 1” suspension, Dueller 697 17” tyres, Boos bash plates (3), Icom UHF with foldable roof rail mounted aerials, MM nudge bar with Stedi light bar, Rhino Rack Xtray, Kings awning, Kluger cargo barrier, custom iPad bracket, Alpine amplifier, Fosgate speakers, Titan drawers, battery system in the rear footwell, Matson BT battery monitor on starter battery, TP-13 TPMS. Mostly a commuter but ready to go for most adventures
  • dunk_c
    • Nov 2007
    • Ipswich, Qld

Sorted!
    Attached Files
    2006 Gen 4.1 LWB NS Pajero, manual. Bilstein Lovel 1” suspension, Dueller 697 17” tyres, Boos bash plates (3), Icom UHF with foldable roof rail mounted aerials, MM nudge bar with Stedi light bar, Rhino Rack Xtray, Kings awning, Kluger cargo barrier, custom iPad bracket, Alpine amplifier, Fosgate speakers, Titan drawers, battery system in the rear footwell, Matson BT battery monitor on starter battery, TP-13 TPMS. Mostly a commuter but ready to go for most adventures

Comment

• erad
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2015
      • Cooma NSW

Sorry, but my fading memory tells me that there is a groove for the CAS cable to run up behind the covers, against the front face of the block. I missed that on my first timing belt change and pinched the cable. Engine didn't start. I pulled it down and found the pinched cable. Then I remembered seeing the groove in the cover. I patched the lead and it ran perfectly after that until years later when I managed to wipe the CAS and have to replace it all. You engine may be different to mine though - hope so for your sake.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X