• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Craig McGoo
    • May 2011
    • Brisbane

Box of Neutrals.

Morning all,

Our Auto recently died 3 weeks before Christmas, so in it went for a overhaul / rebuild. 250K and lots of towing the boat. Picked it up just before Christmas and all was running fine until 7 days ago when the car will loose drive. I can restore drive if I select back to neutral or Park, then back into drive.

Unfortunately the Automatic Shop that did the overhaul is not back till the 15th, so I am stuck with a car that once or twice per day will loose drive.

I just was interested to see if any members had seen similar issues before and could shed some light on possible causes? I have a scan gauge on the car, but there are no codes showing when this occurs. I also have a MUT, but have not hooked it up to see if I can get any further information on possible causes.

Keen to hear if anyone has had similar issues.
    2008 DiD Exceed.

2" lift Kit / ARB Sahara Bar / Avenger Mako 9500 Winch / Safari Snorkel / Lovell Springs & Koni Shocks /

Wish List: Chip it / Life without DPF Problems. LRA Tank and the list goes on and on.......
  • erad
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2015
    • Cooma NSW

Silly question (much easier to answer than a proper one...) Do you have enough transmission fluid in the box?

Comment

• nj swb
      Resident
      • Jun 2007
      • Adelaide

When you have no go what is on the dash display? Is it still showing "D", or something else? Does the trans know that it's supposed to be in D?
      NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Craig McGoo
        • May 2011
        • Brisbane

Originally posted by erad View Post
        Silly question (much easier to answer than a proper one...) Do you have enough transmission fluid in the box?
        No not a silly question, but I did check that as the car does have that burning oil smell, but there are no leaks and the oil level is a little over the full mark, but not by much.
        2008 DiD Exceed.

2" lift Kit / ARB Sahara Bar / Avenger Mako 9500 Winch / Safari Snorkel / Lovell Springs & Koni Shocks /

Wish List: Chip it / Life without DPF Problems. LRA Tank and the list goes on and on.......

Comment

• Craig McGoo
          • May 2011
          • Brisbane

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
          When you have no go what is on the dash display? Is it still showing "D", or something else? Does the trans know that it's supposed to be in D?
          I have asked the wife to check that tomorrow. I would assume that the Transmission would know what D was for. Beside that the car worked for a week before we having this issue.
          2008 DiD Exceed.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X