• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • old Jack
    Regular
    • Jun 2011
    • Adelaide, South Australia.

In the 1980's a group of Subaru's and another group driving Mini Mokes did Cape York to the tip.

Around the same time groups of both these vehicles also crossed the Simpson.

OJ.
    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• GHendo
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2012
      • Northern NSW

Fantastic video – I found it very nostalgic as it’s the time I got my first 4WD and while I’ve never been to Cape York, made me think of great times I had in that first vehicle. All the do-it-yourself projects were wonderful – can’t see anyone being able to drive around with tyres outside the guards like that anymore.

Geoff
      03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• Skexis
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2012
        • Adelaide

All that water and no crocs?

Edit: ok, just got to that part. Why are the damned things protected? Seems to me a big cull is needed.
        Last edited by Skexis; 15-05-17, 11:53 PM.
        "When strangers meet, great allowances should be made for differences of custom and training". The Lady Jessica - Wisdom of Arrakis

Comment

• MSF
          Valued Member
          • Jul 2009
          • Sydney, Northern Beaches

Originally posted by Skexis View Post

Edit: ok, just got to that part. Why are the damned things protected? Seems to me a big cull is needed.
          Something has to keep the idiots in check :P

Comment

• Dicko1
            Valued Member
            • Dec 2014
            • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by Skexis View Post

Having spent many years in the top end the last thing you want is to take out the apex predator from the food chain. Your comment is a typical city slicker or southener comment..(also some rednecks from up North) I cringe whenever I hear that statement about killing them all...personally I,d rather see the idiots of the world culled out. Sure a couple of people get killed every year by crocs. Majority are through the persons own stupidity! Man is such a bloody moron...Its through wiping out species, introducing foreign species, ruining the land, polluting the water and trying to constantly control nature rather than live with it that will see his downfall.

You take out a large croc from an area and another will move in. Living in the Northern coastal areas anyone who goes near the water should be aware of the dangers of crocodiles. Its not the crocodile at fault..its the bloody idiots who should know better but dont! Cars kill thousands every year....why dont we ban them from anyone under 25?...hundreds of lives a year will be saved!!! Billions of dollars saved as well from hospitisation of the injured.. Most people involved/killed in accidents are killed as a result of their own fault..(young people speeding).yet we accept that. Yes, road safety programmes jump up and down and spend millions on campaigns....you will never cure stupidity. The croc is in a river simply looking for food. Any dickhead who decides to jump in and take a chance (as many do) gets no sympathy from me ...Have a look at the boat ramps that are sign posted warning people about crocs, yet they still wade in , belly deep, playing with their boat..unbelievable. Culling is not the answer..education is. Removal of large animals and relocating them will help but bulleting them is just wrong. Not a greenie...just someone who loves nature as it is and sick of seeing greed, ignorance and stupidity ruin our precious country...
            You spend a few years out in the bush and you learn to accept and respect the fact that everything out there has a purpose and is vital in the food cahin and the natural order of nature. I,ve seen literally thousands of crocs in the wild and the last thing I,d ever want to do is kill one. Plenty of so called human beings out there that shouldnt be stealing oxygen though!!

Rant over...
            Last edited by Dicko1; 16-05-17, 06:41 AM.
            Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• 72pug
              • Aug 2007
              • Brisbane

Thanks for Sharing that Dicko.....

I'm glad I watched it, ..... Fantastic footage !! and what an adventure.

Cheers.

Pug

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X