• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1NLofaPAJ
    • Jul 2007

Ex NSW Govt' 05 DiD...Would you buy???

Hi,
    Been looking for an 05' DiD Paj for some time now and have come across an ex NSW government GLS with ARB bar and winch, it has 75000kms on the clock and is a manual. They are asking just over $27000.
    I have no info yet as to what the vehicle was used for but as it has the bar and winch I thought maybe national parks/wildlife
    The strange part is that it is the more up-market GLS model
    Anyway, might check it out tomorrow
    Thoughts/experiences appreciated
  • brett
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007

The police had quite a few NP's with bullbars but i imagine they would have been auto's, I think the fire brigade also used NP's

Comment

• 1NLofaPAJ
      • Jul 2007

Oh, and it's silver...Most of the ex cops seem to be white

Comment

• whatsupkramer
        • Sep 2007
        • Muswellbrook

Well at least the service history should be complete and they are spec'd up somewhat.

I have thought of this a couple of times. Have you had a look at this website? http://www.governmentauctions.com.au/ it has a few for auction. I also know that Newcastle 4wd have a few in their yard (well that was a few weeks ago.

Chris
        2008 NS 25th Anniversary 3.2L Auto - Mickey Thompson Baja STZ 265/60R18, Tow Bar, ARB Saraha Bar, Old Man Emu Nitro Charger Sport 2" lift.
        Limited Edition Mighty Bulloak Camper Trailer - All mods including a 2" lift.

Comment

• ashevo
          • Dec 2008

Was at the boat ramp on the weekend and saw 2 nice government pajeros dunked up to the door sills in salt water getting boats out. Sometimes when they are a company/not your own car they can be treated pretty harshly.
          21st Anniversary 2004 NP, bullbar, IPF spotties, snorkel

Comment

• psproule
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2007
            • Googong, NSW

Waterways around here had a silver GLS for towing their tinnie.
            2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
            2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

• 1NLofaPAJ
              • Jul 2007

Just been to check it out and it's not bad at all...A vew sidestep scrapes and slight crack in rear plastic wheel arch flare. The seller took the winch out for and sold it seperate (apparently it had never been used)
              All servicing is up-to-date and has been done at Queanbean Mitsubishi
              Anyway the old bloke wouldn't budge much ($500) on price even though it is now winch-less and doesn't come with rear most seat
              Really like the vehicle but am unsure on the price Have already offered $25500 but I think he is sticking to his guns so maybe I should stick to mine
              Will post a link ASAP

Comment

• actpaj
                • Jul 2007
                • Canberra

Queanbeyan, Bill Lilley Mitsubishi. I got a quote from that mob a few years ago, charge like a wounded bull...

Comment

• Pete & Mon's NS
                  Valued Member
                  • May 2008
                  • West Lakes - Adelaide, SA

My dad bought his last car from the SA Government Auctions - VZ Ser II Commodore Acclaim 14 months old, electric everything, tow bar, tinted windows, twin airbags, ABS, etc, with 14,000kms for $10,500. Car was immaculate, and has never given him any grief

There is an NP there at the moment, but it has 101K on it.

You can check previous catalogues to see what they sold for too, so a handy guide....

Peter
                  | Gunmetal NS Exceed DiD with Dakar leather | Factory rear Diff Lock | Alloy Nudge Bar | MMCS | Moonroof | GME TX3440 | Custom rear Storage | Stebel Compact Air Horn |
                  | Ford Focus XR5 Turbo in Electric Orange |

Comment

• Rayw1
                    • Jan 2009
                    • Pine Rivers Queensland

Same as any other vehicle do your homework. I have a 2006 NP DiD auto ex NSW Police with 89K on the clock. I had an independant inspector do a check over and some of the things he showed me were eye opening. He had a piece of rust he was carrying around about the size of a 50 cent coin that came out of a 2year old Land Cruiser. It had been owned by the University of Qld. - Dept. of Marine Research. So on the safe side I would stear clear of any water based departments as I suspect they just don't do any hosing down of vehicles.

If the one you're looking at is a police vehicle make sure all of the wiring for radio and lights all work. There has been some issues with mine where they have removed their comms gear (presumably) and weren't too fussy about putting stuff back. And holes drilled in the frame around the rear door for mounting a cage.

You also might find the service books aren't stamped as they could be maintained by a fleet manager. I was able to get the history of mine printed out from the fleet manager. I would certainly be insisting on seeing the history before you went further.

Your price of $25500 is probably on the money. I'd make the firm offer and then walk away and leave him think of it for a week.

Good luck.
                    Ray
                    2006 NP DiD auto -ARB bar, Warn winch, SCA driving lights, HD King coils.

Comment

• 1NLofaPAJ
                      • Jul 2007

Well it's a done deal...Deposit paid and pick it up on Friday after an independent roadworthy is complete. $26000 was the end price and was very happy with the condition/service history of the vehicle. It has been offroad as evidenced by the scrapes along the plastic side steps and a couple of dings in the bash plate but I'd all but given up on finding an immaculate vehicle in this price range.
                      The dealer, Eastern 4x4 in Lilydale are going to do the 75000 service as it has just clocked 75400kms so I'm hoping this will still count towards Mits' Warrenty as it will still have 12 months remaining
                      Still gotta post that link so you can all have a geezer.
                      Cheers for all the informed opinion and experience...It certainly helped

Comment

• 1NLofaPAJ
                        • Jul 2007

Here tis:

Comment

• billwatt
                          • Jul 2007
                          • Queanbeyan

Originally posted by 1NLofaPAJ View Post
                          Just been to check it out and it's not bad at all...A vew sidestep scrapes and slight crack in rear plastic wheel arch flare. The seller took the winch out for and sold it seperate (apparently it had never been used)
                          All servicing is up-to-date and has been done at Queanbean Mitsubishi
                          Anyway the old bloke wouldn't budge much ($500) on price even though it is now winch-less and doesn't come with rear most seat
                          Really like the vehicle but am unsure on the price Have already offered $25500 but I think he is sticking to his guns so maybe I should stick to mine
                          Will post a link ASAP
                          Was trying to think what I had seen around town.. the coppers are white as mentioned from memory the bush fireies had silver ones... and yes they where manuals.. So most likely ex NSW bush fire service. And I seen them around town in a new NT the otherday.

Cheers Billw
                          Bill W
                          21st Anniversary DID, ARB Sahara Bull Bar, Ironman 12000lb Winch, Dual Batteries, 80Ltr Aux Tank, Icom IC4000pro UHF, Roof Console, King Springs and Billsteins, Cargo Barrier, Drawes,Snorkel, DP Chip, Garmin GPS76. 50 Ltr Waeco Fridge.

Comment

• Pickle
                            Administrator
                            • Jun 2007
                            • All over Oz

Looks like a good unit. Get the vin no and ask Mitsubshi Customer Service where it came from and change ownership details to your name.
                            Dave
                            NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                            Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• 1NLofaPAJ
                              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by billwatt View Post
                              Was trying to think what I had seen around town.. the coppers are white as mentioned from memory the bush fireies had silver ones... and yes they where manuals.. So most likely ex NSW bush fire service. And I seen them around town in a new NT the otherday.

Cheers Billw
                              You from that way Bill? They look after their vehicles, at least the CFA here do

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X