• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Randjkuhn
    • Oct 2013
    • Cessnock

Location of scv ns pajero

Hey all, I'm pretty certain I am in need to replace my scv. Can anyone post a pic of its location in the engine bay please??
  • shawty950
    • Jun 2011
    • Brisbane

See this manual

It's on passenger side of vehicle...5mm hex head iirc.

Bit of a pain to get to, but do-able
    SOLD at 150k's - 2011 NT Platinum Diesel auto. Wheels and tyres, cav filter, caddy storage/ausguard barrier and icom IC-440N. NoLimit Tuning Chip. T13 Bullbar. Other stuff when money allows.

NOW - 2016 MQ Triton Exceed - All the TJM fruit re barwork, MCA Gold shocks and Parabolic rear leafs, TJM canopy, twin diff locks OEM rear and Harrop front, breathers, rhinorack, eco foxwing

Comment

• Randjkuhn
      • Oct 2013
      • Cessnock

Scv

Legend mate thanks a million.

Comment

• Randjkuhn
        • Oct 2013
        • Cessnock

Scv

Ok so ordered scv from ebay,
        Looked like genuine box with denso on it. Payed $185 delivered
        No fancy tools just an Allen key and took me approx 30mins to fit. Helps if you have something to stand on like a milk crate.
        As above the scv is located on the passenger side of the car just in front of the engine mount and pretty easy to get to.

Now my paj never pulled codes or went into limp mode it just varied in revs whilst trying to hold speed. It also surged when trying to accelerate and idled roughly on the odd occasion when at traffic lights. You could though turn the car off then re start and drive with no issues until the problem occurred again which usually didn't take to log to occur.

Paj runs so smooth now and no surging or varying revs.
        Hopefully this info is easy to find on a search engine if someone tries to find it.

FYI my last scv only lasted 50,000kms so definitely a serviceable item which needs replacing.

Comment

• Quick shift
          • Jun 2015
          • Melb

Scv

Hi my 07 auto pajero is doing something similar, only on acceleration it has trouble changing gear and surges a bit, def not smooth. Turning it on then off sometimes fixes it for a day or so but it then returns, I have had my mechanic check and no error codes were seen and he mentioned try take it to MM to check but i thought id ask here first, it sounds like the scv needs replacing is that something to change first and easy job, could it be a sensor issue as well? No other symptoms that i can see, car has done 48k kms.

Comment

• Brucester
            • May 2014
            • Bateau Bay NSW

Hi all
            I've been told one of the main reasons for surging is dirty fuel getting through to the SCV , I'm on my 3rd SCV and a lot of my traveling is in the outback and the fuel is a bit sus sometimes. So I would suggest if you spend the time and the money to change the SCV you should also change the fuel filter. Ryco Z699 @ $64 or Repco @ $45 I think it would be a good investment. BTW these filters meet or exceed the standard.
            Cheers
            07 NS ,Warm white pearl, Rhino roof rack, updated and cleaned manifold, SPV Mk3, Chip tuning Delete pipe, provent catch can. Duel battery.

Comment

• ntfridge
              • Jan 2014
              • Vic

Hi could you please tell me if while idling rough are you getting white smoke out the tail pipe? Just wondering if I have a stuffed Scv or buggered injectors as it doesn't really surge
              Last edited by ntfridge; 14-08-15, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• Seano
                • Mar 2013
                • Campbelltown

Once fitted do you need a ECU Relearn?
                2008 NS EX NSW Police, 2 inch lift, Smatbar with Warn Winch, 7" Lightforce Spotlights, Goodyear wrangler Duratrac, 2 x GME UHF.

Comment

• couso
                  • Nov 2010
                  • Alice springs

Our 2008 NS surged occasionally. Only ever during cold weather. The last episode was in June. It had run sweet all day but after I added a half tank of fuel it started surging quite badly. I decided it was time to order a SCV but then with nothing to lose I dosed it up with Morey's fuel treatment (which I had picked up on sale at Supercheap for the old hilux) and fuelled again. It surged once just after leaving the Servo and hasn't since.
                  Being a huge sceptic I'm waiting for it to surge again.
                  I would like to know what fails/wears in the SCV causing the engine to surge.

Couso.

Comment

• Jeffwatkins
                    • Apr 2015
                    • Jamisontown NSW

Originally posted by Seano View Post
                    Once fitted do you need a ECU Relearn?

Some say yes, some say no. I didn't have a relearn.

Comment

• Adelaide steve
                      • Oct 2014
                      • Adelaide

Well I bought the scv about 3 weeks ago from eBay. $190 inc postage. However as soon as it arrived the PJ stopped surging, it was like it knew!!!! I decided not to change it until it surged again. So started again about Wednesday this week and I decided to change it today as am off work. So easy to change, just cleaned around the fuel pump before removing to male sure no dirt got into fuel pump when scv was removed. Only problem was I couldn't get the electrical connection off the scv, so undid the 2 bolts removed the scv then disconnected the connection. Fitment was easy although the new scv came with a gasket as well as the 2 o-rings but the was no gasket on the old unit. I used the gasket on the new scv as I think there probably should be one. All fitted ok. Ran the engine for about 15 minutes to make sure there was no leaks. All in, removal and refit took no more than 30 mins. Don't see where MM quote 3 hours fitting time. Thanks again to this amazing forum for all the useful info helping others to do what without this forum they would probably not try.
                      Last edited by Adelaide steve; 15-08-15, 05:14 PM.
                      2013 NW VRX White. TJM colour coded bull bar, 9" led spotties dual battery, c-tek dc-dc charger, factory side steps, Kings side awning, roof bars, Spare wheel lift mod,Boo bash plates, rear air bag suspension, GME uhf, Waeco 50l fridge, tows a MDC 2018 Cruize slide forward fold Camper trailer.

past---2007 NS 3.2 Diesel. New DPF, Manifold clean, Factory bull bar,

Comment

• Quick shift
                        • Jun 2015
                        • Melb

Scv

I replaced the Scv and fuel filter last Thursday after my last post above and all the issues have been resolved, car is much more responsive and no surging at all and all seems good so far 4 days later...hopefully this helps.

Comment

• Rhannah
                          • Nov 2013
                          • Sydney

Hi All,

Great thread/forum...This is my first post

Im about to attempt to replace the SCV on my NS Pajero and apart from undoing
                          the two bolts to remove and keeping the area clean etc. are there any other procedures

ie: disconnecting battery,isolating any fuel lines etc etc

Will any fuel spill out when removed? ,
                          Im a bit worried as there appears to be an electrical socket just underneath
                          any words of advice most welcome as Im a complete novice with enthusiasm

Cheers Rob

Comment

• Boo Boo
                            • Aug 2012
                            • Kilsyth

Hey Rob
                            I change mine on Sunday.
                            Found it easier to remove the battery.
                            The plug on the scv was easier to remove once had the scv out.
                            I had a couple of drops of fuel come out.
                            the worst part was accessing the area but a couple of grazed knuckles and it came out ok.
                            Worst part was getting it back in without dropping the gasket.
                            I put some diesel on the new scv before reinstalling and it slid in easy.
                            A couple of pumps on the fuel filter when finished and started no problems.
                            2008 NS DID, Smart bar and warn winch, Boos Bash plates, ex nsw police car, Safair snorkel and 2 inch OME lift.

Comment

• gringo
                              • Jun 2009
                              • Harrington Park (Sydney)

Forgive my ignorance what is Scv?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X