X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dale-NS
    • Jan 2015
    • Townsville

Suction control valve, controls the fuel rail pressure or something like that... Lots of threads on the forum about it
    Dale

2008 NS diesel auto - EGR resistor mod, tow bar, spare wheel lift, Scanguage, Oricom UHF, Roo Lights, Ironman Bull bar & 2" lift, Hercules 12000lb winch & DPF delete pipe

Comment

• Dav080
      • Apr 2014
      • Newcastle, Australia

I had surging issues and saw the the rail pressure was fluctuating pretty badly. Wouldn't do it of course when ever Mitsu looked at it so naturally the didnt replace the SCV like i asked. Anyway I researched Australian diesel fuels and switched from using Caltex Vortex to BP Ultimate and the surging has stopped. Mitsu mechanic believes it was a coincidence but until i get further issues I'm sticking with the BP.
      Davo
      NS 3.2 Diesel 25th Anniversary, ARB Sahara Bar, Lightforce LED215 driving lights, Bilstein shocks, Lovell Springs, ARB Snorkel, Cooper AT3 tyres, Pioneer AVIC-F70DAB, SPVI module and EGR Blanking plate.

Comment

• aussieguy1
        • Mar 2017
        • Lexton

I can thoroughly recomend using Liquid Moly Diesel Purge Plus to keep your fuel system nice and clean.

Comment

• Ruff Diamond
          • Jul 2017
          • Gold Coast

Would anyone here know the scv part number for an 07 4m41 3.2 Diesel engine?
          Ruff Diamond

Comment

• SWB Tom
            • Apr 2018
            • Gold Coat

Originally posted by Ruff Diamond View Post
            Would anyone here know the scv part number for an 07 4m41 3.2 Diesel engine?
            Hey Ruff D, I'm going to do mine in the morning so I will let you know the number if that's any help? Been having surging issues so going to replace the SCV. A lot of information here about how to do it. Will let you know.

Comment

• aussieintas
              Valued Member
              • Feb 2013
              • Sorell, Tasmania

Part number is 1460A037.....replaced mine last year.

Sometimes the part number has a T at the end but doesn't matter, no difference in parts mate.
              2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
              88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
              92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
              92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
              99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
              95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
              08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• koshari
                • Oct 2018
                • gippsland

Originally posted by couso View Post
                I would like to know what fails/wears in the SCV causing the engine to surge.

Couso.

the piston in the SCV in a healthy state can move freely in the body, if a little piece of debris makes its way through to the fuel system it can score the bore or slug causing it to stick momentarily, some people have had success finely polishing the port or the slug,

little bit of effort given you can buy new after market ones from the slow boat from china for round 35 bucks delivered.

Comment

• andy 16
                  • Oct 2018
                  • Queensland

Changed mine after having lost power issues. Had 200k on the clock after having originally bought at 120k. Used an eBay jobby at around $100.
                  Just be careful with the length of the bolts which are supplied with the new SCV. Mine were about 5mm longer than the originals. If i had tried to tighten them up it could have stripped or cracked the threads in the fuel pump which could have been disastrous.
                  Didn't change performance at all, ended up being the intake manifold clean which gave me an extra 2.5l/100 while towing.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X