• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • glsgls
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2007

tjm suspension

hi all, have had tjm 4000 series suspension on my nx for about a year now very happy with the set up ,but it squeaks and creeks and groans, doe any body have the same issues I have , we are being told it is because of the mono body construction, me says bs this is my third paj of this type I have had ome and bisten and lovell combo, no problem with them ,will book the paj in to see what can be done
  • linc
    • Jan 2008
    • Perth

Originally posted by glsgls View Post
    hi all, have had tjm 4000 series suspension on my nx for about a year now very happy with the set up ,but it squeaks and creeks and groans, doe any body have the same issues I have , we are being told it is because of the mono body construction, me says bs this is my third paj of this type I have had ome and bisten and lovell combo, no problem with them ,will book the paj in to see what can be done
    check your lower control arm bushes too mate -- mine were dry and full of dust/dirt/crap, and made for a very creaky ride. MM initially told me the noise was d/t my after market suspension (2" B/L combo) but on further inspection the noises were from the bushes.
    Pajero NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto DiD
    Bilstein shocks / Lovell 2" lifted HD springs / Polyair Bags, Cooper AT3 (265/70/17), Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel, Uniden CB radio with 3+6dB whip antennae, Garmin Nuvi 760, Ironman awning with strip lighting, Rhino Pioneer tray, 42" lightbar, 135Ahr AGM dual batt system, 300W Solar panels, 4" rear work-lights
    Wishlist : ARB Deluxe bullbar

Comment

• glsgls
      Valued Member
      • Dec 2007

thanks for that but they have put new bushes in might just have to turn the radio up

Comment

• dean
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2007

My first set of TJM stuff groaned a bit from new...I replaced with the same after 100,000.
        New stuff is silent so who knows...has done around 40,000
        TJM...good stuff.
        Dean
        NM V6 since August 2000. Cargo Barrier, Satphone, Decent Suspension, Decent Tyres Eg. Any 10 PLY E Load Brand Not Important. Aux Tank, Rola Sports Racks/Basket, Decent Canvas Bag, Quality Esky. A Good Setup For Outback Touring/Desert Crossings.

Comment

• glsgls
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2007

thanks dean will try some wd40 on the bushes see if that helps

Comment

• geopaj
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2007
            • Adelaide

Originally posted by glsgls View Post
            thanks dean will try some wd40 on the bushes see if that helps
            No worries mate but us Silicone Spray... NOT wd40.

WD40 is harmful to rubber and will continue to attract dust/dirt/etc.

Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• fourocker
              • Jan 2018
              • Blue Mountains NSW

^^^yeah this, silicone spray over wd40 for this application.
              My NT has a King spring / Koni combo that's been in a fair while (previous owner ) and has no groaning but I've always regarded TJM as decent gear, maybe the mount rubbers on the shocks/struts are over compressed by being done up too tight.

Comment

• glsgls
                Valued Member
                • Dec 2007

thanks guys, I pick up some silicon spray, not wd40 will see what happens in the next couple of days

Comment

• glsgls
                  Valued Member
                  • Dec 2007

hi all , I have had my paj back from tjm for about a week now, and all the creeks and groans have now all gone very happy the fix what I did was to put some rubber washers between the bash plate and the intercooler guard bushskinz to stop metal on metal, fix 2 spray silcon spray on all the bushes fix 3, tjm removed the rear springs and discovered that the isolator rubber on the bottom of the springs have worn out not bad for a car that has only done 40,000 ks so tjm replaced and no more noise good job tjm at clovely park sa

Comment

• fourocker
                    • Jan 2018
                    • Blue Mountains NSW

I like to hear about stuff that gets sorted 👍

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X