Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Timing chain tensioner = surging + intermittent loud tick.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Retnaburn
    • Apr 2017
    • Melbourne

Timing chain tensioner = surging + intermittent loud tick.

Hey all
    Since i bought my car back in April i have been getting a surge of fluctuating power right on the 3 grand mark and now and then a intermittent loud ticking i thought it was the characteristics of the car so didnt think anything of it well since this weekend when i changed out the timing chain tensioner that has all stopped and runs sweet i also changed the scv months ago thinking the surge was that but it did squat tensioner was to blame it was really scored on the ratchet shaft .👍
    Just sharing my experience so if someone has the same symptoms they can catch it before its to late.
    Lwb Ns DID 08 Current
    Kj Verada Gtv Current
    Vz SSZ 6.0ltr Current
  • BruceandBobbi
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2016
    • Greater Sydney

Originally posted by Retnaburn View Post
    Hey all
    Since i bought my car back in April i have been getting a surge of fluctuating power right on the 3 grand mark and now and then a intermittent loud ticking i thought it was the characteristics of the car so didnt think anything of it well since this weekend when i changed out the timing chain tensioner that has all stopped and runs sweet i also changed the scv months ago thinking the surge was that but it did squat tensioner was to blame it was really scored on the ratchet shaft .👍
    Just sharing my experience so if someone has the same symptoms they can catch it before its to late.

Did you miss the recall?

Was all done free by MM.

Comment

• Silverfox
      • Apr 2010
      • Adelaide

Hey all

I'd suggest you take it to a dealer to have it checked properly, the tensioner may not be the only issue.

As part of the recall they went through a process to remove and check the tensioner, depending on the damage they may need to also check the timing chain and in some cases the timing chain may need replacing.

If your chain needs replacing it may be a matter of time before more significant damage is caused.

I'd also take the old tensioner for the dealer to check it out as well.

As mentioned by BrueandBobbi this was all part of the recall.

Comment

• Retnaburn
        • Apr 2017
        • Melbourne

Do you know if the recall is still active and who do i call to see it has been done already Cheers.
        Lwb Ns DID 08 Current
        Kj Verada Gtv Current
        Vz SSZ 6.0ltr Current

Comment

• spot01
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2011
          • Adelaide

Do you know if the recall is still active and who do i call to see it has been done already Cheers.
          Should still be active - ring any MMAL dealer, quote your VIN & ask if any recalls are outstanding on the car.
          Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Retnaburn
            • Apr 2017
            • Melbourne

Ok cheers mate i will do that would like to know what else has been done or not done on it.👌
            Lwb Ns DID 08 Current
            Kj Verada Gtv Current
            Vz SSZ 6.0ltr Current

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X