• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pickle
    Administrator
    • Jun 2007
    • All over Oz

NS Pajero Feedback

The generation 4 NS Pajero was released in October 2006. Many of you would have realised by now if you had made the right choice by buying a Pajero. Happy enough with it or should have gone another brand?
    What about servicing and warranty?
    Vote now!
    Yes extremely happy.
    39.29%
    Happy with vehicle but not with service.
    16.07%
    Happy with vehicle but DPF issues put me off.
    14.29%
    Reasonably happy.
    16.07%
    Unhappy with vehicle and service.
    1.79%
    Customer Care and warranty was good.
    5.36%
    Customer Care and warranty was not so good
    1.79%
    Should have purchased a Prado
    5.36%

The poll is expired.

NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club
  • matthewfnorbert
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007

great poll idea. is it closed ?
    SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

• Angry
      Valued Member
      • May 2009
      • Riverina

Happy with vehicle. NS VRX Auto

Issues that I consider need addressing:
      1/ DPF / Engine light.
      2/ Poor lights, particularly lowbeam.
      3/ Drivers Seat lumber support, squab support.
      4/ Servicing costs.
      Angry.

My Photo site.
      AAA-Photography.smugmug.com

07 NS VRX, DID Auto, Nudge Bar, 130W 215 Nitghtstalkers, 50w HID H/Beams, Kenwood Touchscreen Natsav/DVD/CD/Rev camera, Rear Alpine DVD Player, Recaro Orthopedic drivers seat, DIY Spare Wheel Lift.

Comment

• mak111
        • Feb 2014
        • Terrigal N.S.W.

Dpf issue

what was the issue with the DPF joe

Comment

• craka
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2009
          • Newcastle (Newie)

Bit of an old thread this one. The dpf is a diesel particulate filter and in the ns was only fitted to auto diesel to comply with emissions. Some had issues due to not using low ash oil , and sensor in manifold can get clogged up causing limp mode. I have an ns auto diesel 2nd hand with 110000 jms on it doneabout 20000 jms myself with no issue.
          NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• TheTaipan
            Banned
            • Jan 2009
            • sydney

Originally posted by craka View Post
            Bit of an old thread this one. The dpf is a diesel particulate filter and in the ns was only fitted to auto diesel to comply with emissions. Some had issues due to not using low ash oil , and sensor in manifold can get clogged up causing limp mode. I have an ns auto diesel 2nd hand with 110000 jms on it doneabout 20000 jms myself with no issue.

Nothing to do with not using low ash oil, mine had low ash from day one and at every oil change.

I had at least six limp modes.

The issues were our crappy diesel plus to much stop start low speed driving in the suburbs. The DPF couldn't get to temperature to complete a burn cycle.

MM Japan had to work out upgrades to the computer regards the DPF and burns. Took to or three updates over many months to solve the problem.

MM Australia in their generosity gave some owners Caltex Fuel vouchers for their trouble

I know I received some. Can't recall if it was $1,000 or $2,000 worth.

MM wasn't the only company to have DPF trouble, it even affected Mercedes and others here in OZ

Comment

• paj07
              • Oct 2014
              • emu plains

I have had dpf problems and was told a catch can fitted could help with the problem?

Comment

• preetithebest89
                • Apr 2017
                • Victoria

what was the issue with the DPF. May i help you...

Comment

• Pickle
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2007
                  • All over Oz

Originally posted by preetithebest89 View Post
                  what was the issue with the DPF. May i help you...
                  Sure you can...without your signature flogging your solar gear.
                  Admin
                  NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                  Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• benckj
                    Valued Member
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Alexandra , New Zealand

Originally posted by TheTaipan View Post
                    Nothing to do with not using low ash oil, mine had low ash from day one and at every oil change.

I had at least six limp modes.

The issues were our crappy diesel plus to much stop start low speed driving in the suburbs. The DPF couldn't get to temperature to complete a burn cycle.

MM Japan had to work out upgrades to the computer regards the DPF and burns. Took to or three updates over many months to solve the problem.

MM Australia in their generosity gave some owners Caltex Fuel vouchers for their trouble

I know I received some. Can't recall if it was $1,000 or $2,000 worth.

MM wasn't the only company to have DPF trouble, it even affected Mercedes and others here in OZ
                    Did Mitsi ever solve the DPF problem or does it still effect all years & models?

Reason I ask is that I currently drive a 2006- 3.8l petrol Exceed NS but am considering upgrading to a later model diesel. Tend to buy my vehicles from the Japanese auction so I can choose options and have all the bells & wistiles.

From what I understand the Mitsi Model NT and later either eliminated or perfected the DPF. True of False?

jimb
                    Last edited by benckj; 04-12-17, 12:50 PM.

Comment

• TC.Barky
                      Valued Member
                      • Oct 2011
                      • Melbourne

Originally posted by benckj View Post
                      Did Mitsi ever solve the DPF problem or does it still effect all years & models?

Reason I ask is that I currently drive a 2006- 3.8l petrol Exceed NS but am considering upgrading to a later model diesel. Tend to buy my vehicles from the Japanese auction so I can choose options and have all the bells & wistiles.

From what I understand the Mitsi Model NT and later either eliminated or perfected the DPF. True of False?

jimb
                      General advice is late NT onwards is the way to go.
                      MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
                      Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

• benckj
                        Valued Member
                        • Oct 2017

Originally posted by TC.Barky View Post
                        General advice is late NT onwards is the way to go.
                        Thanks for the reply. Looks like NT or later is the way to go.

On another related question what model did Mitsi NOT install the dreaded Takata air bags? Trying to work out which model is best bang for buck as I shop around auction sites.

cheers,
                        Jim

Comment

• TC.Barky
                          Valued Member
                          • Oct 2011
                          • Melbourne

Originally posted by benckj View Post
                          Thanks for the reply. Looks like NT or later is the way to go.

On another related question what model did Mitsi NOT install the dreaded Takata air bags? Trying to work out which model is best bang for buck as I shop around auction sites.

cheers,
                          Jim
                          Not sure off the top of my head but itll likely be all gen 4 at least. but you don't have to be the original owner or under warranty to get recalls carried out so I wouldn't let that influence you. Buy whichever car is best for you then take the VIN to Mitsubishi and they can check to see what has been done.
                          MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
                          Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

• benckj
                            Valued Member
                            • Oct 2017

Originally posted by TC.Barky View Post
                            Not sure off the top of my head but itll likely be all gen 4 at least. but you don't have to be the original owner or under warranty to get recalls carried out so I wouldn't let that influence you. Buy whichever car is best for you then take the VIN to Mitsubishi and they can check to see what has been done.
                            Mitsi NZ will only replace the bags if it was originally purchased in NZ as parts not available. For Jap imports they state they are waiting for direction from manufacture as they are not listed as part of recall. Just went through the whole exercise with my 2006 NS that I bought in japan. This is the response I got.

Thank you for contacting us today about your Mitsubishi Pajero and concerns that your vehicle is part of the global recall.

Due to a global parts shortage not all vehicles have been identified for the recall.

Currently Mitsubishi Motors NZ is actioning NZ new models affected by the recall and as of today 60% of our affected customers have already been notified. The remainder will be contacted as we receive parts from Japan.

If your vehicle is part of the recall I would not assume that your vehicle has already been completed at this stage in New Zealand.

As you have seen Mitsubishi Motors also has a recall link on our website so you can keep checking for updates:

ยทmmnz.co.nz/recalls

Once again thank you for contacting us, we hope to have this recall completed as soon as possible and we thank you for your patience and understanding while we await the parts arrival in New Zealand.

Kind regards,
                            When I questioned the link provided as it stated no outstanding defects were identified with my vehicle I received another response.;

This means that we have not identified the vehicle yet if it is part of the recall.

We are still waiting on information from Japan for imported vehicles so once this information is given to us, we will use the information registered with NZTA to contact the owners. As I mentioned before, there is a limited amount of replacement parts available so we are getting drip fed with these parts and information.

I am sorry that I can’t give you any more information at this time.

Please keep an eye on the website for updates.

Kind regards,
                            So you rekon a gen 4 or NX (2014) required if I want to avoid the air bag recall? I know when looking at NZ recall list the Pajero's identified are from 2006-2012. Not sure how accurate this is given what I've learned recently from Mitsi.

jim
                            Last edited by benckj; 06-12-17, 05:40 AM.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X