• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RH-440
    • Jul 2015
    • Gold Coast

Northern NSW coastline

I was planning a weekend trip around northern NSW coast line,
    looking for 4wd beach access/on beach campsites.
    I have in mind 7 mile beach at lennox head,
    does anyone know of any other tracks/campsites around this area?
  • conquistador
    Valued Member
    • Feb 2012
    • sth east queensland

There was a forum trip a couple of months ago that trevelled down from sth ballina beach to evans head.

Dont think you can camp along the beach there was a caravan park not far (still a drive) at the north end. You can/ should only get though a couple of hours either side of low tide and the beach i think is largely unpatrolled and can be (as most are )treacherous for swimmers.

Comment

• 4wd26
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2007
      • Bayside, Brisbane & Stradie

you have broken head caravan park toward the north from 7 mile beach

at the southern entrance is the Lennox heads caravan park

this would be my pick as right on the lake and across the road from a patrolled beach (bit expensive though)

7 mile beach you need a permit, the beach south of Ballina (mentioned above does not) (south Ballina has 2 caravan parks, closest to the beach is the best) then there is also a caravan park on the river at Evans Head that is nice outside of school holidays

not a lot of driving available at Lennox in terms of 4x4, but lots of things to see and do

want something cheaper in terms of accommodation flat rock tent park is a nice spot (between Ballina and Lennox)
      ML triton with some accessories
      National E Trek Libary
      Getting Out There

Comment

• 4wd26
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2007
        • Bayside, Brisbane & Stradie

for on beach campsites you have to go further south

Black rock campground

http://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/...cks-campground
        ML triton with some accessories
        National E Trek Libary
        Getting Out There

Comment

• GHendo
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2012
          • Northern NSW

Originally posted by 4wd26 View Post
          7 mile beach you need a permit, the beach south of Ballina (mentioned above does not)
          With Seven Mile beach that runs between Lennox Head and Broken Head, you can (with a permit) drive on the southern end, however the Byron Shire does not let you drive on the northern end. If you end up driving up over the shire boundary the ranger could be after you.

I did the drive with Conquistador and other forum members a couple of months ago, from South Ballina to Evans Head, and it's not a bad run - make sure you pick low tide however as there are "coffee rocks" to get around down the southern end.

Cheers

Geoff
          03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• RH-440
            • Jul 2015
            • Gold Coast

Cheers guys, thanks for the advice!

Comment

• MadBison
              • Jun 2015
              • Australia

If you want to go a little further south, I was just at Park beach holiday park in Coffs Harbour.

Boambee beach is 4wd accessible with no cost or permit.
              Pajero NX

Comment

• Uncle Fester
                Valued Member
                • Sep 2007
                • Boambee East NSW

Originally posted by MadBison View Post
                If you want to go a little further south, I was just at Park beach holiday park in Coffs Harbour.

Boambee beach is 4wd accessible with no cost or permit.
                You also have Pebbly Beach, Platypus Flats, Friday creek and Station creek around Coffs.
                NT 2010 GLX Police Pack, Auto 3.2 Diesel, Smartbar, Warn XD9000 Winch and Rear Diff Lock. Cooper AT3s on Factoty Alloys, 45mm lift TJM XGS GOLD front & rear, S/D with Poly air bags Rear and HD Front , Bushskinz I/C guard, TJM T/F Case And G/Box guards, Duel Battery setup with Redarc Isolator and Redarc electric brake controller.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X