• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • renoswb84
    • May 2012
    • Mornington Peninsula

1984 NA SWB Restoration to promotional vehicle

Hi all, hello and thank-you in advance for what should be a pretty exciting new thread.
    I am about to embark on a full professional restoration of my faithful old snot rocket (yep genuine 84 green paintwork) 2.6l manual which I am the second owner of 12 years.
    To reward her years of faithful bush bashing and round Australia adventures (including drowning twice), I am retiring her to the greener pastures of my companies promotional activities, surrounded by promotional models and adoring stares from elder gents in their 70's!

I have booked her into a local and well regarded custom workshop on the Mornington Peninsula. So come on, start the wishlist...

I want to keep the car as a happy medium between custom and restored to original.

The engine in particular I am interested in hearing from you all with regard to the best modern-powerful/common sense option. It must sound the goods too!

I will post pictures of her soon (pre-workshop) and keep a running update on her progress as often as I can.

Wish me luck!!!
  • peter92
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2009
    • maryborough queensland

this should be really interesting to see, cant wait for the pics to start coming. good on ya
    regards peter
    used to be nl 1999 auto,3.5lt petrol.
    now 1994 80 series cruiser diesel wagon
    bull bar side steps, mags,dual batt system,2 waecos 35lt,40lt h/reese towbar,103amp agm batt, 500w inverter. narva spotties, uniden uh7700nb uhf 40 ch narrow band, 2.5kva inverter generator
    SKYPE NAME possum.58

Comment

• renoswb84
      • May 2012
      • Mornington Peninsula

Thanks Peter, I'm looking forward to it.
      Attached Files

Comment

• peter92
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2009
        • maryborough queensland

that kooks nice as it is
        but still going to be interesting
        regards peter
        used to be nl 1999 auto,3.5lt petrol.
        now 1994 80 series cruiser diesel wagon
        bull bar side steps, mags,dual batt system,2 waecos 35lt,40lt h/reese towbar,103amp agm batt, 500w inverter. narva spotties, uniden uh7700nb uhf 40 ch narrow band, 2.5kva inverter generator
        SKYPE NAME possum.58

Comment

• SWB 89
          • Feb 2012
          • Toowoomba

Looking forward to this...

A pair of these with some light bars would look good.

Wish the lights were cheaper, yet in your case you can probably claim the cost for a work/ business vehicle.

Comment

• Stevie-Ray
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2009
            • Peakhurst, Sydney

Turn it into a replica Dakar-Rally winner like this Montero;

Here's the original for sale & ad has lots of pics;

There's a couple others advertised along with this one;

Steve
            Steve

Runner-Paj; '95 NJ SWB 2.5L TD GL J-Top, low kms Project-Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, also low kms. Donor Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, with some parts & goodies to go onto other GLS.
            "I try to take life one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me all at once!"

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X