• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • danm
    • Jul 2013
    • Gold Coast

Originally posted by animal alex View Post
    ... the Triton rims foul the front brake calipers... .
    Please check this before you spend any money but I recall someone on this forum saying that the Triton rims fit the back of the Pajero - front has larger brake calipers.

You could use the Triton's on you camper and be prepared to do a double-swap on the Pajero in the (relatively unlikely) event that you needed two spares.

I'm not sure if everyone knows, so forgive me if you do, LT (light truck) rated tyres are significantly less likely than 'standard' passenger-rated tyres to give you trouble in the Outback. So less likely to need the second spare.

Dan

Comment

• grhyso
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2012
      • Perth

Originally posted by danm View Post
      Please check this before you spend any money but I recall someone on this forum saying that the Triton rims fit the back of the Pajero - front has larger brake calipers.

You could use the Triton's on you camper and be prepared to do a double-swap on the Pajero in the (relatively unlikely) event that you needed two spares.

I'm not sure if everyone knows, so forgive me if you do, LT (light truck) rated tyres are significantly less likely than 'standard' passenger-rated tyres to give you trouble in the Outback. So less likely to need the second spare.

Dan
      The ML Triton 17's fit fine, there are members on here using them. MN Triton wheels don't clear the caliper.
      2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

• rmonson
        • May 2008
        • country Victoria

Speedy Grande and Yukon 17X8 discontinued?

This is what I was told when looking for some wheels for Paj / OR trailer.

Have found some Dynamic wheels in 17X8 with +20 offset, which I am told will fit but not sure about the implications of the offset. Can someone explain, and or suggest some alternatives ... ?

(Have also put this in another thread, because it seemd that this one had come to an end)
        NW MY 14 VRX, Lovells / Koni HD 40mm lift, LRA 58 litre aux tank, Bushskinz x4 and side steps, TowPro, Redarc BCDC 1225, Optima Blue top aux battery on ARB tray, Tanami side by slide drawers, MMA tow bar, ARB deluxe bull bar, Runva 1200EWX winch, GME 4500s, 90 watt 150mm LED spot / flood combo, Airtec snorkel, RAM iPad mount (and iPad running Memory Maps - Hema and Tom Tom), Projecta dual battery monitor, ScanGuageII, ARB compressor

Comment

• stevemc181
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2012
          • Thornlie/Perth

The implications for +20 offset is that they widen the wheel track by 52mm and are illegal on an ESC equipped vehicle.
          2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
          3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• grhyso
            Valued Member
            • Aug 2012
            • Perth

Here's the thread I was talking about http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=48062
            2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

• 4wd26
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2007
              • Bayside, Brisbane & Stradie

tried some FJ cruiser alloys on a NW pajero

I thought that they might have fitted due to sharing prado large brakes but they also fouled on the pajero caliper on the front.

that caliper has a nasty "casting" ridge that is causing most of these problems
              ML triton with some accessories
              National E Trek Libary
              Getting Out There

Comment

• GOSSAMER
                Valued Member
                • Apr 2008
                • doncaster east vic

Posted this in the other thread as well. 17" challenger wheels
                Back from the Dark side
                NT VRX, Ironbark, Dobinson suspension, Kanati muddies 275 65 18, Boo's bash plates (now with dents )

Comment

• Kumabear
                  Valued Member
                  • Sep 2013
                  • Sydney, Macarther Region

Fairly sure these fit, few people on here have them I think

2011 MY12 NW Pajero GL (White)

Factory Rear Diff lock | Modded Traction Control | Hankook RT03 MT LT265/70/17 | Uniden 7760nb UHF | Opposite Lock 3 Loop steel bar with fog lights |Runva EXW12000 | Bushskinz plates and sliders |Ultimate Suspension true 50mm Lift (above factory trim)

Wishlist:

Comment

• spot01
                    Valued Member
                    • Apr 2011
                    • Adelaide

Originally posted by Kumabear View Post
                    Fairly sure these fit, few people on here have them I think

http://www.roh.com.au/wheels/rtx/
                    But note 30 offset illegal in SA and probably other states, if that is of concern.
                    Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• GOSSAMER
                      Valued Member
                      • Apr 2008
                      • doncaster east vic

Well i can confirm CSA Tanami 17x8 +35 wont fit
                      Back from the Dark side
                      NT VRX, Ironbark, Dobinson suspension, Kanati muddies 275 65 18, Boo's bash plates (now with dents )

Comment

• PBChallengerM/T
                        • Mar 2014
                        • South Australia

I went through the whole matching trailer and vehicle wheels saga a few years back. As some have stated, the small center bore on the factory alloys prevents them being used on most trailer axles. It's actually the small centerhole where the decorative cap seats on the front face that is the problem, not the back face which seats on the wheel stud. I found by trial and error that factory steel rims (GL Pajero and Triton/Challenger type) have just enough clearance to pass over my trailer axle. My solution was to purchase a factory 17 x 7 1/2 +38 steel rim from my local Mitsubishi Dealer (Triton / Challenger rim part number 4250B992) for about $200 bucks. The equivalent GL Pajero 17 x 7 1/2 + 46 rim can also be purchased (don't know the part number or price as I was shopping for Challenger Rim). While not winning any beauty awards for appearance, I now have as my offroad wheels 4 factory alloys and 1 factory steel rim (as spare). The vehicle spare fits the trailer in an emergency, and the trailer rims (also factory steelies from a GL Pajero) can fit the car. Of course what works on my trailer axle might not work on alternate trailers so check for your self before spending the coin.
                        13MY PB Challenger M/T LS, mostly stock for now with a few OE goodies including Alloy Bullbar, Towbar, Cargo Barrier, Bash Plate, Roof Bars, Rubber Floor Mats and Neoprene Seat Covers.

Comment

• Dale-NS
                          • Jan 2015
                          • Townsville

A set of 4, 17inch paj wheels, no tyres... Look like nm or something, not the same as my NS 17's on the face book sales in Townsville for $200 if anyone is interested.
                          Last edited by Dale-NS; 15-09-15, 11:21 PM. Reason: wording
                          Dale

2008 NS diesel auto - EGR resistor mod, tow bar, spare wheel lift, Scanguage, Oricom UHF, Roo Lights, Ironman Bull bar & 2" lift, Hercules 12000lb winch & DPF delete pipe

Comment

• spot01
                            Valued Member
                            • Apr 2011
                            • Adelaide

Originally posted by rmonson View Post
                            This is what I was told when looking for some wheels for Paj / OR trailer.

Have found some Dynamic wheels in 17X8 with +20 offset, which I am told will fit but not sure about the implications of the offset. Can someone explain, and or suggest some alternatives ... ?

(Have also put this in another thread, because it seemd that this one had come to an end)
                            In case it interests anyone, when I spoke to Speedy last week they still had 4 only Grande II in 17x8 42P offset (silver finish) to fit the Pajero NS to NX left in their Perth warehouse - last of this size in existence I think. They still have plenty of 18x8 42P, but the 17's are almost all gone & they can't obtain any further supply.
                            Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• jhale101
                              • Apr 2015
                              • adelaide

As owning my NW for only a few months which has 17 inch rims, I notice those with 18 inch rims wish to downsize to 17 inch. Why is that?
                              2" lift kit, SVP EGR mod, Roley rear bash plate, LED interior lighting, spare wheel lift, Uniden UHF, Poly Air bags, 2100 mm Rhino Roof rack on Rhino rails, Rear drawers, LED reversing lights

Comment

• spot01
                                Valued Member
                                • Apr 2011
                                • Adelaide

Originally posted by jhale101 View Post
                                As owning my NW for only a few months which has 17 inch rims, I notice those with 18 inch rims wish to downsize to 17 inch. Why is that?
                                Better off road performance/comfort, less risk of tyre/wheel damage, much larger range of off road tyres, much cheaper tyres, etc.
                                Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X